Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Subaru Love - Clothes Throwing Brat (Video)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote insanity213 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Subaru Love - Clothes Throwing Brat (Video)
    Posted: 12 Aug 2013 at 4:48pm
This lady needs to discipline her little snot nosed brat.  Instead of getting out and just putting his clothes back on he needs a pre-dress up skin-on-skin spanking so he doesn't think his being a brat is just a cute game that mommy likes to play.  Oh wait that's right, mischievous kids are cute DeadConfused

Sponsored Links

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2013 at 6:20pm
Yea, that kid is getting way to much soda and Kit Kats.
Not to mention the exhibitionism problem showing up a little early in the lad.
Must be an open family that run around naked in the house all day.
Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2013 at 12:33am
God, I hate this commercial!

Someone should slap that kid!

One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
scremped View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scremped Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2013 at 1:41am
I agree, seeing this kid think this is so funny makes you want to bruise his forehead. I hate when kids get to act like this.
Papa Lazarou View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec
Formerly Codtaro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Papa Lazarou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2013 at 5:26am
Take the kid out in the back yard on a cold day, when he takes his kit off, proceed to hit him with the garden hose.

Keep him outside until he understands why he should keep his clothes on.

EDIT: I should verify that by "Hit him with the garden hose" I meant soak the little bugger like a fish, not actually hit him...though if this doesn't work the first five times, I'd recommend it.
Banana!
BANANA!!
BANANA!!!
BANANA!!
Banana!
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2013 at 5:30am

I say, let the kid go to class naked.  The other kids will laugh at him, and he'd get the point.  Plus, he might get scarred for life, having to live with the shame possibly for the remainder of his school years.  Bad decisions come with consequences.  That's a valuable lesson.

Ad Exec
Ad Exec
Formerly Codtaro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Papa Lazarou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2013 at 5:52am
^I like that one.

Could eliminate teenaged sex as well, as the kid will be so traumatised of nudity.

We'll get him psychiatric help...after he gets a degree.
Banana!
BANANA!!
BANANA!!!
BANANA!!
Banana!
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2013 at 6:31am
Originally posted by Codtaro Codtaro wrote:

^I like that one.

Could eliminate teenaged sex as well, as the kid will be so traumatised of nudity.

We'll get him psychiatric help...after he gets a degree.

Unfortunately, by that time, trauma face will have set in, and no amount of psychiatric help will get him laid.

Behaviors have consequences.

Angry McPisseron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
Formerly AngryMcPisseron

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angry McPisseron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2013 at 2:35pm
Somebody needs to give that spermmistake carpet pig a spanken he won't soon forget...maybe a length of that orange plastic Hot Wheels track swung a few times against his unclothed toilet muscle will do the trick here. OuchConfusedOuch

Miseryguts View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Miseryguts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2013 at 7:06pm
ADD for sure. Get the little brat on Ritalin like the rest of the juvenile population. 
Tiz View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2013 at 9:51pm
I'm just trying to think what any of that has anything to do with a vehicle.Confused 
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2013 at 10:40pm
Originally posted by Tiz Tiz wrote:

I'm just trying to think what any of that has anything to do with a vehicle.Confused 

As I entitled my general Subaru thread last year, Subaru is love.  And it's been what makes a Subaru a Subaru since they started this nonsense about 2008. 

The only one I like in this campaign is the one with the Chocolate Lab puppy/dog.  And that's only 'cuz the pup is so damned cute.

I'd like to see them change the campaign to "tough love".  In this commercial, if the kid throws his clothes out of the window while they're driving on the freeway, Mom pulls over and makes the kid run out and retrieve them.

Ad Exec
Ad Exec
Formerly Codtaro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Papa Lazarou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2013 at 12:25am
And while his' picking them up, she waves around a sign that says "Naked kid - 5000 points!"
Banana!
BANANA!!
BANANA!!!
BANANA!!
Banana!
Moochamoocha View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Moochamoocha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2013 at 4:54am
Here's a good example of how pussified this society is becoming. This woman has a whole drawer full of clothes in her car to put on when her brat strips, as if she's just accepting his behavior and kowtowing to him. This child needs a good spanking and public scolding. There should be limits to free expression. She should NOT be allowing this to go on. Every time she re-dresses him, she's telling him that it's okay to continue with this behavior. A few minutes in the frozen food section of the market totally naked should cure him of his stripper tendencies.
AlexanderCS View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AlexanderCS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2013 at 5:38am
Every time I see it, he just looks like a disturbed child to me, like something is mentally wrong with him.  It comes off as really upsetting.
joshisgems View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote joshisgems Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2013 at 9:05am

Another example of over-indulged spoiled brats in our society. What I see in this commercial is a mother who has no control over her child.  Whatever advertising team designed this commercial obviously thinks bad behavior in our children is funny. Shame on them.  Besides, last time I checked, new vehicles these days come equipped with child safety locks to prevent the kids from lowering windows and unlocking doors. So why is this child able to toss his clothes out the window?  Just saying!!!

d4everman View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote d4everman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2013 at 1:26pm
Originally posted by joshisgems joshisgems wrote:

Another example of over-indulged spoiled brats in our society. What I see in this commercial is a mother who has no control over her child.  Whatever advertising team designed this commercial obviously thinks bad behavior in our children is funny. Shame on them.  Besides, last time I checked, new vehicles these days come equipped with child safety locks to prevent the kids from lowering windows and unlocking doors. So why is this child able to toss his clothes out the window?  Just saying!!!

Good point. Especially since Subura touts how safe the cars are.

I still vote for a good spanking.
No Good Deed Goes Unpunished
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2013 at 2:13pm

Not sure here, but I don't think a kid strapped into a car seat can remove his shirt and/or pants without undoing the straps of the car seat.  And if he did undo those straps, would he redo them?  Note the first scene, where we end up seeing him stripped down yet fully secured in his seat.

Yeah, I'm picking nits here, but that's what happens when a commercial is as stupid as this one.

Hootman View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hootman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2013 at 2:28pm
I thought only gay people drove Subarus anyway.  Wink
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2013 at 2:32pm
Originally posted by Hootman Hootman wrote:

I thought only gay people drove Subarus anyway.  Wink

Wasn't it the official car of the LPGA?

sgtrock21 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sgtrock21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2013 at 4:58pm
Originally posted by Codtaro Codtaro wrote:

Take the kid out in the back yard on a cold day, when he takes his kit off, proceed to hit him with the garden hose.

Keep him outside until he understands why he should keep his clothes on.

EDIT: I should verify that by "Hit him with the garden hose" I meant soak the little bugger like a fish, not actually hit him...though if this doesn't work the first five times, I'd recommend it.

Someone around here tried the soaking and locking outside. Children's services took the kid away.
EEEEts All so REEEdEEEculous
msmadz View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
8+ years on CIH

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote msmadz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2013 at 5:18pm

Subaru lost a golden opportunity in showing the consumer the braking and handling of that car. If I was that Mom and the kid tossed clothes out the window, I would have brought that car to a screeching halt, flung it in park and the rest of the commercial would have been bleeped out.

The artist formerly known as Madawee

littleclams View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote littleclams Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2013 at 8:59pm
I find this ad annoying because I feel like it represents the idea that kids should not be disciplined for things that are wrong. and the mom ends up bending her life around what this kid is doing by having this stash of clothes in the back. another thing, the kid is like 3 years old, 50 years ago he would a been potty trained. so that aspect also annoys me. but for some reason when i see the little plaid shirt fly out the window over the bridge, it just makes me laugh.
JasperGretsch View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JasperGretsch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2013 at 10:24pm
This commercial is one of the reasons why I'm never having kids. 
Tiz View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2013 at 10:34pm
As I entitled my general Subaru thread last year, Subaru is love.  And it's been what makes a Subaru a Subaru since they started this nonsense about 2008. 

OK. Well the advertising "team" surely were grasping for new ideas when they came up with this one.

I have an idea. We'll have a mom driving our new 2014 Subaru whatever around town while her adorable son keeps taking his clothes off. Mom so loves her only son that she keeps a spare clothes drawer in the back of our new, roomier than ever 2014 Subaru whatever.
The TV audience will love it.

Man Darrin, that's a great idea. How will we ever top that one? 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic