Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Target Recorder Back To School Commercial

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote dreamtreedown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Target Recorder Back To School Commercial
    Posted: 04 Aug 2013 at 1:50am
Can't find the video for it, but the Target 2013 BTS commercial with the recorders playing "Push It" makes my ears bleed every time I hear/see it. Does this commercial do the same to anyone else?
Sponsored Links

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2013 at 2:20am
I'm not sure if I've seen that particular one, but I'm sick of all the Target back to school ads that are set to music that is supposed to sound like a slightly off key junior high school band playing familiar pop songs, but actually sounds like professional musicians trying to sound like a slightly off key junior high school band playing familiar pop songs, but not quite pulling it off.

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
dreamtreedown View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dreamtreedown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2013 at 2:27am
Yeah, that's one of those commercials. If there are more than "Push It" I will probably smash my TV if I see one of another song.
Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2013 at 2:31am
Sorry but I love it, go ahead hate me!
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
Papa Lazarou View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec
Formerly Codtaro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Papa Lazarou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2013 at 2:37am
Banana!
BANANA!!
BANANA!!!
BANANA!!
Banana!
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2013 at 3:08am
There's one that uses "Another One Bites The Dust" also.

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
Triple J View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Triple J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2013 at 8:37pm
This whole ad campaign is all kinds of fail. Just like all the others from Target over the years. Thumbs Down
sgtrock21 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sgtrock21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2013 at 12:08am
Originally posted by Jimbo Jimbo wrote:

I'm not sure if I've seen that particular one, but I'm sick of all the Target back to school ads that are set to music that is supposed to sound like a slightly off key junior high school band playing familiar pop songs, but actually sounds like professional musicians trying to sound like a slightly off key junior high school band playing familiar pop songs, but not quite pulling it off.

I agree. My youngest Granddaughter's junior high/middle school band sounds better than this.
EEEEts All so REEEdEEEculous
Moochamoocha View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Moochamoocha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2013 at 4:53am
I saw two of these commercials tonight and they were "playing" Queen songs. They're not my favorite commercials but I don't HATE them, unlike last year's back-to-school atrocity with those teachers singing about school supplies.
Hezadancer View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Hezadancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2013 at 2:03pm
Argggg recorder music. Entirely too cutesy for my taste.
It's ok, I'm in marketing!
Angry McPisseron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
Formerly AngryMcPisseron

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angry McPisseron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2013 at 2:31pm
I remember playing the recorder in the 5th or 6th grade...haven't seen one of those blasted things since then until this Target spot started playing. :-/

Synesthesia View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Synesthesia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2013 at 2:44am
No one can play the RECORDER SO IT SOUNDS GOOD! Except maybe one or two people. It's mostly just tooooooot tooooooooooot tooooooooooooooooot
Is this love big enough to watch over me?
Big enough to let go of me
Without hurting me,
Like the day I learned to swim?-Kate Bush The Fog
FaithSF View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FaithSF Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2013 at 4:55am
I'm not sure if this is the right commercial for this topic, because I don't recognize the tune. But it's a girl playing either a recorder or a flutophone. This time there are no other instruments. I thought the other ones were cute, but this one is just annoying!
The Mad Gasser View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Mad Gasser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2013 at 9:06pm
Originally posted by FaithSF FaithSF wrote:

I'm not sure if this is the right commercial for this topic, because I don't recognize the tune. But it's a girl playing either a recorder or a flutophone. This time there are no other instruments. I thought the other ones were cute, but this one is just annoying!

I too am curious about this song.

I'm not up much on today's music, but it sounds like Beyonce's "Put a ring on it."
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic