Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Honda #hashtag godawfulness

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote jhiller21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Honda #hashtag godawfulness
    Posted: 28 Jul 2013 at 5:09pm
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6RzApBPePKE

This entire line of commercials are some of the worst ads I've ever seen. That lady needs a swift kick in the back of her knee. The worst one is that douchebag that gets a tweet that says #cutedealer. I couldn't find it, and I'm not gonna keep looking, his smug face makes me want to puke.

UGH... Honda, what were you thinking?
Sponsored Links

jhiller21 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jhiller21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2013 at 5:13pm
Embedding isn't working for this one, oh well.
Papa Lazarou View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec
Formerly Codtaro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Papa Lazarou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2013 at 5:18pm
quote this

that's how you embed. I know how annoying it is. Every website seems to have their own way to embed.
Banana!
BANANA!!
BANANA!!!
BANANA!!
Banana!
jhiller21 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jhiller21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2013 at 5:30pm
If anyone can find the "#cutedealer" one, prepare to want to tear your eyeballs out and choke on your own vomit, it's that bad.
Snesgamer View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snesgamer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2013 at 8:33pm
http://commercialsihate.com/honda-commercials-with-tweeting_topic15842_post235060.html?KW=honda#235060

Got the whole gauntlet of 'em in this topic. See if you can make it through them all (especially the Janae #cutedealer one and the hipster gang-hashtag sign throwing white girl one).
EMCEE View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EMCEE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2013 at 1:57am
G*ddamn hashtags.  Hashtags everywhere. 
Reader, suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress. But I repeat myself.

- Mark Twain

Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2013 at 2:53am
Originally posted by EMCEE EMCEE wrote:

I hate exploitation of social media, and I'm sick of the hashtags #hashtagsthisassh*les!
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
DarkRealmStar View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DarkRealmStar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2013 at 7:08am
What I hate about this ad the most is the goody-goody two shoes looking white chick doing the gang-inspired hand signal.  It's even worse than the Applebee's "Chef Chick" doing the fist bump and the KFC game bucket chick doing the "Go Boom" thing.  The whole hashtag thing sucks too--trying to relate to the social media obsessed youth who will want to buy their cars.  Enough with the hand signals already!!! Angry
DKS View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DKS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2013 at 10:52am
Originally posted by DarkRealmStar DarkRealmStar wrote:

What I hate about this ad the most is the goody-goody two shoes looking white chick doing the gang-inspired hand signal.  It's even worse than the Applebee's "Chef Chick" doing the fist bump and the KFC game bucket chick doing the "Go Boom" thing.  The whole hashtag thing sucks too--trying to relate to the social media obsessed youth who will want to buy their cars.  Enough with the hand signals already!!! Angry

I have a Facebook account. You know how many companies pages I "like" on it? Maybe a half dozen. I liked Nicky D's, the local, family owned, incredibly good burger restaurant, Pandan Thai Kitchen, a local Thai restaurant run by an incredibly nice family, and several knife companies(I collect knives), so I can keep abreast of their new releases.

You know how many of those I went to because I saw an ad on TV telling me to like it? Not a one.
"I see the sadness in their eyes
Melancholy in their cries
Devoid of all the passion
The human spirit cannot die"
EMCEE View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EMCEE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2013 at 4:53pm
Originally posted by Ad nauseous Ad nauseous wrote:

Originally posted by EMCEE EMCEE wrote:

I hate exploitation of social media, and I'm sick of the hashtags #hashtagsthisassh*les!
#hatredofeverythingbeinghashtagged DeadBig smile
Reader, suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress. But I repeat myself.

- Mark Twain

insanity213 View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote insanity213 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2013 at 4:59pm
Hashtags = First step to converting to Newspeak

ChuckH53 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChuckH53 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2013 at 8:30am
Using the term "hashtag" before an actual hashtag name is as rediculeous as saying "verb kill personalpronoun me" in that hashtag is a meta-language tag that is used when talking about hashtags, not naming them. See Hofstatder, Douglas - Gödel, Escher, Bach, An Eternal Golden Braid, for a very complete discussion about meta-language and various examples of it in the real world. The correct syntax when using hashtags is "hash<tagname>" where "hash" is a nickname for the # sign. So instead of the Hipster White Girl saying "hashtag ihatemycar" she should have just said "hash-ihatemycar". See the difference?
DKS View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DKS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2013 at 8:49am
Originally posted by ChuckH53 ChuckH53 wrote:

Using the term "hashtag" before an actual hashtag name is as rediculeous as saying "verb kill personalpronoun me" in that hashtag is a meta-language tag that is used when talking about hashtags, not naming them. See Hofstatder, Douglas - Gödel, Escher, Bach, An Eternal Golden Braid, for a very complete discussion about meta-language and various examples of it in the real world. The correct syntax when using hashtags is "hash<tagname>" where "hash" is a nickname for the # sign. So instead of the Hipster White Girl saying "hashtag ihatemycar" she should have just said "hash-ihatemycar". See the difference?

Yeah, "hash" may be a nickname for the # elsewhere, but in the modern social medial world, the # is actually called a "hashtag".
DarkRealmStar View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DarkRealmStar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2013 at 7:39pm
Originally posted by DKS DKS wrote:

Yeah, "hash" may be a nickname for the # elsewhere, but in the modern social medial world, the # is actually called a "hashtag".

I got this from Wikipedia (quoted in part) for Number sign:

Number sign is a name for the symbol #, which is used for a variety of purposes, including the designation of a number (for example, "#1" stands for "number one"). The symbol is defined in Unicode as U+0023 # number sign (HTML: &#35; as in ASCII).

Outside of North America, the symbol is called hash and the corresponding telephone key is called the hash key. In American and Canadian English, the symbol is usually called the pound sign (outside the US, this term often describes instead the British currency symbol "£"), and the telephone key is called the pound key.[1]

When used in technology, it is often referred to as hash, such as at the beginning of a hash tag: a word or phrase (as a tag) in social networking sites beginning with a #, as in #hashtag.

Now, can we hash this out from here?  Tongue
ChuckH53 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChuckH53 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2013 at 1:49am
In *nix script writing parlence, as well as in the Perl and Python programming languages, the # symbol is used to indicate to the program processing the script that everything following is a comment. The prevalence of Perl and Python in writing web applications likely prompted the developers of some social media back end software to use # to mark a searchable tag. The usual usage in scripts is to have the very first line begin with the sequence #!  which, as long as I can remember in my 21 years of working in computers in *nix was always called hash-bang. Also, I have found from doing robo-calling operations for my Knights of Columbus council from working to develop bi-lingual capability that in Spanish the # is called "signo de número" or number sign. The only place I have seen it called hashtag is in the stupid Honda commercials.
zippyjet View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zippyjet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2013 at 5:55am
Originally posted by Codtaro Codtaro wrote:

quote this

that's how you embed. I know how annoying it is. Every website seems to have their own way to embed.

These commercials are so God Awful, the animated snarky "Mr. Opportunity" seems nostalgic. To that cute unhip yuppie: Hashtag your pretty ass!
I approve this message.
DKS View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DKS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2013 at 6:56am
Originally posted by DarkRealmStar DarkRealmStar wrote:

Originally posted by DKS DKS wrote:

I got this from Wikipedia (quoted in part) for Number sign:

Number sign is a name for the symbol #, which is used for a variety of purposes, including the designation of a number (for example, "#1" stands for "number one"). The symbol is defined in Unicode as U+0023 # number sign (HTML: &#35; as in ASCII).

Outside of North America, the symbol is called hash and the corresponding telephone key is called the hash key. In American and Canadian English, the symbol is usually called the pound sign (outside the US, this term often describes instead the British currency symbol "£"), and the telephone key is called the pound key.[1]

When used in technology, it is often referred to as hash, such as at the beginning of a hash tag: a word or phrase (as a tag) in social networking sites beginning with a #, as in #hashtag.

Now, can we hash this out from here?  Tongue

I know that it's a number sign. I also know that it's called a "hash" outside of North America. That doesn't change that in the actual social media world, most people call the sign itself the "hashtag", correct or not.
Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2013 at 4:46pm
Originally posted by zippyjet zippyjet wrote:

Originally posted by Codtaro Codtaro wrote:

quote this

[COLOR="#663300" face="Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="3"]<span style="line-height: 22px;"]These commercials are so God Awful, the animated snarky "Mr. Opportunity" seems nostalgic. To that cute unhip yuppie: Hashtag your pretty ass!</span][/COLOR]

OMG I agree! This makes miss the screen knocking Mr. Opportunity. He was clever compared to this sh*t!
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
Schnauzer Mom View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Schnauzer Mom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2013 at 4:28am
I agree with you.  I don't know why we have to sit there and watch increasingly worse commercials every year from Honda. This year is definitely the worst.  Sure don't think I will buy a Honda, looking elsewhere.  Maybe it is true, we are getting less intelligent as time goes on.  The commercials I see seem to indicate it!!  They make me sick. Dead
catnapped View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote catnapped Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2013 at 2:10pm
Originally posted by Schnauzer Mom Schnauzer Mom wrote:

Maybe it is true, we are getting less intelligent as time goes on.  The commercials I see seem to indicate it!!  They make me sick. Dead

That or Madison Ave is insistent on going after the LCD in society (maybe because they're the easiest to sell anything to?)
Moochamoocha View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Moochamoocha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2013 at 4:37am
This commercial gets an instant channel flip when it comes on. Let's see her do that Hashtag gang sign in Bed-Stuy at night, where the gangs are.

#goingtothehospital
#gotmyHondastolenandnowimintraction
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2013 at 1:41pm
Hashtag    bagsmash ....   #  also = lb. or pound 
Angry McPisseron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
Formerly AngryMcPisseron

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angry McPisseron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2013 at 3:35pm
Originally posted by lkl005 lkl005 wrote:

Hashtag    bagsmash ....   #  also = lb. or pound 

And lest we not forget... # = number LOL

Angry McPisseron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
Formerly AngryMcPisseron

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angry McPisseron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2013 at 3:36pm
Originally posted by Moochamoocha Moochamoocha wrote:

This commercial gets an instant channel flip when it comes on. Let's see her do that Hashtag gang sign in Bed-Stuy at night, where the gangs are.

#goingtothehospital
#gotmyHondastolenandnowimintraction

ROTFLMFAO!!! LOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOL

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2013 at 3:36pm

I call it tic-tac-toe.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic