Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

What trends piss you ioff in commercials?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 13>
Author
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Snesgamer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: What trends piss you ioff in commercials?
    Posted: 20 Jul 2013 at 3:57am
Commercials that try too hard to integrate social media and hipster fads (like instagramming food, commercials with too many hashtags, etc.)
Sponsored Links

Papa Lazarou View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec
Formerly Codtaro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Papa Lazarou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2013 at 4:12am
Beaver's anal glands.
Banana!
BANANA!!
BANANA!!!
BANANA!!
Banana!
Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2013 at 4:19am
I hate it when they make up stupid words (like swapportunity or healthing)just so they catch on in regular conversation!

Anything LOUD I immediately mute!

Repetition is a no no for me!
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2013 at 5:02am

I hate when they try to sell me stuff.

Fred View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (6) Thanks(6)   Quote Fred Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2013 at 11:21am
My dislikes:

1. Politically Correct Commercials
  2. "Stupid Husband Syndrome" Commercials
  3. Kid-Smarter-Than-Parent Commercials
  4. Every Insurance Commercial
  5. Commercials that insult competitors (Samsung Galaxy Commercials.  Seriously, is sharing a playlist by bumping your phone THAT big of a f**king deal?)
  6. Practically every frigging commercial out there...
Darthhillbilly View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Darthhillbilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2013 at 11:34am
The "every-tenth-frame" (or whatever number) style where everything is choppy and disjointed. This is the High Definition Age, adtards, I don't need a commercial to look like is was filmed by rapid-firing a point and shoot camera.
"It's never too late to choose life...instead of the internet. Just drop the mouse." - Darwin Watterson
catnapped View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote catnapped Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2013 at 12:53pm
Icona Pop, 'nuff said
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2013 at 1:55pm
Originally posted by Darthhillbilly Darthhillbilly wrote:

The "every-tenth-frame" (or whatever number) style where everything is choppy and disjointed. This is the High Definition Age, adtards, I don't need a commercial to look like is was filmed by rapid-firing a point and shoot camera.

I don't mind that so much.  It reminds me of the little flip books that used to come in Cracker Jacks.  But the only one I can think of involves some 50-60ish guy walking down the steps to the beach outside his home.  I can't remember the product, even though I've seen this commercial a million times.

Angry McPisseron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
Formerly AngryMcPisseron

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (5) Thanks(5)   Quote Angry McPisseron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2013 at 2:22pm
Ads for drugs such as dick medication.

"Side effects may include (but are not limited to) cardiac perspiration, oral mitosis, foul cephalic odour, bladder revulsion, splenic hemorrhoids, hepatic lavage, axillary micturition, unexplained wads of Cleanax floating in the toilet, nasal emesis, excessive weight loss or gain, renal organ halitosis, scrotal hirsutism, and vaginal lethargy.

To avoid permanent damage or loss of tallywhacker, seek immediate medical help if you experience priapism -- a boner lasting more than four hours.ShockedOuchAngryDeadAngryOuchShocked

Darthhillbilly View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Darthhillbilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2013 at 4:54pm
Originally posted by Tampon Submarine Tampon Submarine wrote:

Ads for drugs such as dick medication.

"Side effects may include (but are not limited to) cardiac perspiration, oral mitosis, foul cephalic odour, bladder revulsion, illegal hemorrhoids, cardiac lavage, axillary micturition, unexplained wads of Cleanax floating in the toilet, nasal emesis, excessive weight loss or gain, hepatic halitosis, scrotal hirsutism, and vaginal lethargy.

To avoid permanent damage or loss of tallywhacker, seek immediate medical help if you experience priapism -- a boner lasting more than four hours.ShockedOuchAngryDeadAngryOuchShocked

Yeah, the old "this could kill you but we told you up front that it could kill you so we're allowed to sell it to you" FDA by-pass. Love that one.
"It's never too late to choose life...instead of the internet. Just drop the mouse." - Darwin Watterson
A.C. Sativa View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A.C. Sativa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2013 at 6:43pm
Originally posted by Snesgamer Snesgamer wrote:

Commercials that try too hard to integrate social media and hipster fads (like instagramming food, commercials with too many hashtags, etc.)

One hashtag is too many.
afjay View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote afjay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2013 at 7:02pm
Fake bites make me so angry. 
Snesgamer View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Snesgamer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2013 at 7:12pm
Originally posted by afjay afjay wrote:

Related - when they stall by talking so much they don't even end up taking a bite, fake or not (Wendy's commercials where the redhead never eats anything, for instance).
afjay View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote afjay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2013 at 7:20pm
Originally posted by Snesgamer Snesgamer wrote:

Originally posted by afjay afjay wrote:

Related - when they stall by talking so much they don't even end up taking a bite, fake or not (Wendy's commercials where the redhead never eats anything, for instance).

Yes her! In the one commercial where she announces "Going in" I get so angry. Who does that? I think I'd get up and move to a different table it someone I was eating with did that. 
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2013 at 7:33pm
Originally posted by catnapped catnapped wrote:

Icona Pop, 'nuff said

Agreed, I want to burn/bury all copies of this song deep into the earth so no one can hear it ever again!
Snesgamer View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snesgamer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2013 at 7:38pm
Originally posted by Ad nauseous Ad nauseous wrote:

Originally posted by catnapped catnapped wrote:

Icona Pop, 'nuff said

Agreed, I want to burn/bury all copies of this song deep into the earth so no one can hear it ever again!

I want the Icona Pop "singers" to ACTUALLY crash into a bridge and see if they survive! Will they "care" when they're in a hospital with a million stitches holding their vital organs in?

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2013 at 7:47pm

You could save 15% on your boner drugs if you have a reverse mortgage then call peachtree providing you don't have a hole in your thoat when you take shower in your walk in tube. Period. Dirty butts. Fake hair color. That is alll.

Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2013 at 8:17pm
Originally posted by lkl005 lkl005 wrote:

You could save 15% on your boner drugs if you have a reverse mortgage then call peachtree providing you don't have a hole in your thoat when you take shower in your walk in tube. Period. Dirty butts. Fake hair color. That is alll.

Tiz View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2013 at 8:37pm
Toilet paper companies telling us to "respect" the paper we wipe our asses with.

Companies using babies to sell their products. 
70s80s View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote 70s80s Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2013 at 12:50am
1.  People CRUNCHING FOOD REALLY LOUD so you can hear it from ZIP codes away.

2.  Any "intimate" product having to do directly with SEX.  Leave those on the Playboy channel(s)!

3.  Ads for products that act like they're the only game in town (e.g. WALMART WALMART WALMART)

4.  Ads for "#1 New Shows/Movies" I just don't care to see or watch!
"Cottage cheese is not a 'feminine product'!"
Papa Lazarou View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec
Formerly Codtaro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Papa Lazarou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2013 at 1:31am
^Just once, I'd like to see an ad for the #2 movie, or at least the "It's not #1, but maybe in the top 10?" movie....
Banana!
BANANA!!
BANANA!!!
BANANA!!
Banana!
Bozoshow View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bozoshow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2013 at 3:10am
Bucks. If a product is shown that costs 8 dollars and the ad actually uses the word dollars it gets my "bucks". And vice versa.
Angry McPisseron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
Formerly AngryMcPisseron

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Angry McPisseron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2013 at 5:21am
Originally posted by lkl005 lkl005 wrote:

LOLLOLLOLROTFLMFAO!!!LOLLOLLOL

Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2013 at 10:26am
Originally posted by Codtaro Codtaro wrote:

^Just once, I'd like to see an ad for the #2 movie, or at least the "It's not #1, but maybe in the top 10?" movie....

Agreed, but I don't think the studios would see money in that!
sunbreak777 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote sunbreak777 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2013 at 6:51pm
1. The paid advertisement tv "shows" that are all hour long.
2. The nonsense vocals that go with most commercials today - no song, no cute ditties but the "la la la la la or boo boo boo or la li li and so on".
3. Male enhancement commercials, bra commercials and similar things.
4. Commercials that use dancing.
5. Commercials that use babies. Believe me, some of us don't think babies are adorable.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 13>
  Share Topic