Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Wendy's Jury Duty

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darthhillbilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Wendy's Jury Duty
    Posted: 18 Jul 2013 at 5:07pm

OK, my first beef with this burger spot is hearing Matt Frewer's voice.. albeit briefly.. coming out of this idiot's mouth. That passes quickly. I'm immediately thrown into a remote-throwing rage, and I catch myself doing a throat-squeeze gesture at my TV while the guy explains that the burgers at this Pub make jury duty a good thing. See, 1: Why can't he go to said pub any time he wants and get a burger? and B: If it's a matter of the burgers being bought for him while he's on jury duty, maybe he should take into consideration that he's going to be losing pay while he's in court, and getting paid 15 bucks a day. I dunno what y'all make, but 15 bucks a day is a serious pay cut. Way more of a pay cut than the cost of buying my own damn burger. Finally, when the fast food crew shows him their delicious burgers, and he asks if they had jury duty.

Yes, you dumb little POS, we all had jury duty.. every one of your friends that you hang out with.. at the same time. We found the defendant guilty of being retarded so quickly that we didn't have time to finish our lunches, so we brought them home. Oh.. the Wendy's bags and cups all over the table? We have no idea how those got here, we all thought they were yours.

Angry
"It's never too late to choose life...instead of the internet. Just drop the mouse." - Darwin Watterson
Sponsored Links

Snesgamer View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snesgamer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2013 at 5:24pm
I am so sick of her high-pitched, nasally and condescending "WENDY'S!" she spouts out in every commercial now it seems.

I'd like to know what her friends see in her - maybe Wendy is a decent person and conversationalist when she's not viciously downputting and degrading people who DARE like a fast food joint other than her favorite?
insanity213 View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote insanity213 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2013 at 6:03pm
The fact they have yet another commercial with this fake redheaded snob aside, I can't even fathom a burger with a pretzel bun Dead

As far as the commercial itself ... yeah I'm sorry but there's no food on the planet that would make me look forward to having jury duty.   This guy is a friggin a top notch tool if I've ever seen one.

KrissyBean View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KrissyBean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2013 at 6:34pm
It took me a while to figure out which of these two scenarios the commercial was trying to get across:
1.) Does this jackwagon think that the Wendy's down the street from the courthouse is actually a super-awesome pub? or...
2.) Is Wendy's trying to say their new burgers are so good, you'd confuse them for the kind you'd get at a super-awesome pub?
My fiancee tells me that it's the second option....either way - it's not clear and this commercials is so stupid I can't stand it. I just want to punch this woman in the face and throw her in front of a bus. Angry
Bears. Beets. Battlestar Gallactica.
ghostonthehorizon View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ghostonthehorizon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2013 at 6:49pm
I've seen two versions of this commercial, the whole thing annoys me but the one which ends with Jury boy going "Can I plead insanity" makes me want to punch him and the woman.

Krissy is right with the implication suggestions, either way this makes me not want to eat at Wendys.
EMCEE View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EMCEE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2013 at 7:29pm
Originally posted by ghostonthehorizon ghostonthehorizon wrote:

I've seen two versions of this commercial, the whole thing annoys me but the one which ends with Jury boy going "Can I plead insanity" makes me want to punch him and the woman.

Krissy is right with the implication suggestions, either way this makes me not want to eat at Wendys.
Agreed.  They are both horrible, but that one is way more infuriating.  The "red-headed" Wendy's b*tch gets more and more aggravating with every passing commercial. 
Reader, suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress. But I repeat myself.

- Mark Twain

Hezadancer View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hezadancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2013 at 9:15pm
I'm SO SICK of her smug f**king uncalled for condescending attitude.

I love pretzel buns, I love burgers, I absolutely hated this burger. I don't know what happened to Wendy's burgers or when, but they are just inedible now. The burger patty was so f**king bland and gross I didn't even want to finish it. Don't act like you serve comparable food to anything Wendy's.
It's ok, I'm in marketing!
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ghostonthehorizon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2013 at 12:16am
Originally posted by Hezadancer Hezadancer wrote:

I love pretzel buns, I love burgers, I absolutely hated this burger. I don't know what happened to Wendy's burgers or when, but they are just inedible now. The burger patty was so f**king bland and gross I didn't even want to finish it. Don't act like you serve comparable food to anything Wendy's.

Exactly, seems like when Dave Thomas left he took the quality with him.
Darthhillbilly View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darthhillbilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2013 at 1:30am
I haven't tried the Wendy's version yet, but we make burgers.. and other sandwiches.. at home on pretzel buns, and they're delicious.

I actually haven't been to Wendy's in forever.. seems like back when they first changed the names of the burgers to dave's whatever whatevers. From the sound of things, I haven't been missing much.
"It's never too late to choose life...instead of the internet. Just drop the mouse." - Darwin Watterson
Papa Lazarou View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec
Formerly Codtaro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Papa Lazarou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2013 at 1:36am
Only thing I ever remember eating at Wendy's (The only time one has been close to us was in Benson, Arizona, and I think it closed down fairly soon after we moved in) was their chocolate shake or whatever it was....
Banana!
BANANA!!
BANANA!!!
BANANA!!
Banana!
TeamEdward1976 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TeamEdward1976 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2013 at 6:20am
Originally posted by ghostonthehorizon ghostonthehorizon wrote:

Originally posted by Hezadancer Hezadancer wrote:

Exactly, seems like when Dave Thomas left he took the quality with him.
Yeah,that's what it seems like to me!This stupid bitch and her stupid attitude makes me miss the good old days with Clara Peler!I also miss Dave Thomas!
Julie
jhiller21 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jhiller21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2013 at 6:49am
Pretzel buns are delicious with a good burger, Wendy's version sucks.

Bland, almost boiled tasting beef, soggy toppings, fake cheese sauce, chewy bacon, and a not very pretzel-like bun. It was awful. Next time I'll go to the "little pub" that actually does have good burgers.
DKS View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DKS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2013 at 8:53am
I don't know about elsewhere, but Wendy's here is nasty. It's better than McDonalds, but that's about it...certainly not on par with Whataburger, In-&-Out, Five Guys, or for that matter, Burger King, much less a place like Nicky D's.
"I see the sadness in their eyes
Melancholy in their cries
Devoid of all the passion
The human spirit cannot die"
Hezadancer View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hezadancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2013 at 2:30pm
Originally posted by jhiller21 jhiller21 wrote:

Pretzel buns are delicious with a good burger, Wendy's version sucks.

Bland, almost boiled tasting beef, soggy toppings, fake cheese sauce, chewy bacon, and a not very pretzel-like bun. It was awful. Next time I'll go to the "little pub" that actually does have good burgers.

YES I'd say that's a perfect description of how it tasted. It didn't taste like I was eating meat at all.
It's ok, I'm in marketing!
Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2013 at 9:39pm
When is Wendy's going to stop making such stupid commercials? Here I thought the men with red wigs was bad. This is worse! Does she have to shout "Wendy's!" each time she speaks? Good grief, enough already! This makes me miss Dave Thomas, he knew how to advertise the food without resorting to the stupid route.Wendy's is a shell of it's former self. The foods fine (based on eating the junior bacon cheeseburger, the chicken nuggets, and chocolate frosty) but, damn, their commercials downright suck!
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
EMCEE View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EMCEE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2013 at 9:53pm
I'm so f*cking tired of this pseudo-Wendy b*tch.  The level of smarm coming out of her mouth increases exponentially in every commercial. 
Reader, suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress. But I repeat myself.

- Mark Twain

Darthhillbilly View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darthhillbilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2013 at 1:14am
I see it now! I can't believe I missed it before, but the little red-haired girl is none other than Wendy the witch.. Caspar's friend. Notice how she somehow sh*t an extra burger for jury boy at the end of the commercial.

Yeah, Ole Dave is churning in his deep fryer over what his daughter.. the namesake of the entire entity.. is doing to the Wendy's name.
CaptainErnie View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CaptainErnie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2013 at 3:13am
When she first came on I thought she was kind of hot. Now she's a smug know-it-all . And while we're at it, how does someone who appears to eat at Wendy's (or any fast food outlet) manage to stay so pencil thin?
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2013 at 3:26am
^^^You actually ever see her bite into a burger?
And, oh yea - if her eyebrows were actually red AND had GREEN eyes, THEN she might make one a tad 'frisky', doncha know...but no. Pretty sure she colors that mop. Just another 'white tuna'...
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Snesgamer View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snesgamer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2013 at 3:38am
At this point they should just go back to having the real Wendy Thomas do the majority of the commercials. I get they thought the younger Wendy's sex appeal would be good for the company - but it's not working anymore. The dumba-s young redhead has reached that event horizon where the desire to punch her in the face and boycott Wendy's is stronger than any "hotness" she once had.
Synesthesia View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Synesthesia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2013 at 5:56pm
They don't even eat these burgers. It makes me crazy!
Is this love big enough to watch over me?
Big enough to let go of me
Without hurting me,
Like the day I learned to swim?-Kate Bush The Fog
Snesgamer View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snesgamer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2013 at 6:46pm
I'm just now noticing the #PretzelLoveSongs hashtag at the end. My hate for the commercial just MAGNIFIED.
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ghostonthehorizon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2013 at 12:37am
They have played the piss out of the commercial today and every time Redhead opens her mouth my rage mounts.
JasperGretsch View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JasperGretsch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2013 at 1:49am
Can I plead insanity? 

-Yes

--

What? You're going for JURY DUTY, that makes zero sense. 
sgtrock21 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sgtrock21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2013 at 2:30am
Originally posted by JasperGretsch JasperGretsch wrote:

Can I plead insanity? 

-Yes

--

What? You're going for JURY DUTY, that makes zero sense. 

The idiots are just trying to tie it to a courtroom theme (I guess). FAIL!
EEEEts All so REEEdEEEculous
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
  Share Topic