Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Applebee's - New Take Two

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KrissyBean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Applebee's - New Take Two
    Posted: 06 Jul 2013 at 2:44pm
So I saw a really annoying commercial earlier this morning, and while I was trying to remember what it was so that I could share it with all of you, THIS little gem came on:

These commercials are so damn annoying because I hate the "chef" that's being "interviewed" by the camera type schtick. But the thing that pushed this one over the edge for me is the end where she does the whole "boom!" thing. For real?! Is this still a thing??? People don't even say that anymore! The most pathetic thing in commercials, to me, is when ad execs are about 2 years too late on a trend. Get with it, you idiots.
Bears. Beets. Battlestar Gallactica.
Sponsored Links

sgtrock21 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sgtrock21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2013 at 5:46pm
When I do something I consider genius and no one notices. I always fist bump myself so they will. "NOT"!
EEEEts All so REEEdEEEculous
strifeknot View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote strifeknot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2013 at 8:36pm
All I know is a wedge salad is a stupid thing, not least because it isn't a salad. It's a chunk of flavorless, nutritionless, iceberg lettuce with stuff sprinkled on it. To be able to eat it, one has to cut the wedge up into manageable piece, which is to say, it needs to be made into a salad by the diner, something that should have happened in the kitchen.
dizrythmia View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dizrythmia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2013 at 1:13am
Originally posted by strifeknot strifeknot wrote:

All I know is a wedge salad is a stupid thing, not least because it isn't a salad. It's a chunk of flavorless, nutritionless, iceberg lettuce with stuff sprinkled on it. To be able to eat it, one has to cut the wedge up into manageable piece, which is to say, it needs to be made into a salad by the diner, something that should have happened in the kitchen.
exactly. thanks, i got a quarter of a head of iceberg, about half of which is inedible.

applebee's must really be struggling, the lunch menu and take two menu are just rehashing of stuff places like chili's have been offering for years. and now they're beating us over the heads with it in some expensive ad campaign like they invented the concept of putting a soup and sandwich together for lunch, and a salad and steak for dinner. NO ONE'S EVER EATEN THESE THINGS TOGETHER BEFORE!
KrissyBean View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KrissyBean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2013 at 5:52pm
^ LOL
Bears. Beets. Battlestar Gallactica.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic