Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Trivago Guy

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 14>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
brensdad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brensdad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2014 at 7:36am
This guy is so gross! He looks like he has the flu. He is sweaty and dirty looking. The makeup on him is too white. He has a reddish chest that offsets the white on his face and it just all is just a hot mess! He looks slimy like he has been in the bar all night smoking his cigs and just what a waste of air time. I can not concentrate on what he has to say because he seems like a dirty sloppy mess. 

Sponsored Links

d4everman View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote d4everman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2014 at 2:44am
Yeah theres a thread about this already. I agree. He looks like a bum. From what I understand he is from Texas but lives (or lived) in Germany. From my experiences from living in Germany for a few years...well, some folks don't shower much there. (I know that sounds bad, but well....)
No Good Deed Goes Unpunished
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2014 at 3:00am
ConfusedFor some dumb reason, Trivago bombarded the idiot box, today - EVERY 15 minutes - 'Trivago Guy'!
 Aaaaaaaaand, to boot - there were multiple Trivago commercials, only slightly different. On one, he ended the commercial by waving at his crotch (WHY?!Dead)
One thing to note - in every commercial, he was wearing exactly the same thing - and it wasn't until I just couldn't stand hearing 'Trivago' in the background  that I turned around to flip the channel and really realized how weird this guy really appears and sounds and how vry disturbing it really is. He simply is not 'normal' - nothing is 'right' about this guy - talk about a strange choice for spokesman! First thought that crossed my mind was that he had to be 'Rock Hudson's alien offspring from a gay soirée in Germaneaa', but then again...no. More like the semi-recovered gutter-bum heroin addict that won 'Who Wants To Make A Commercial?' and was allowed a quick shower and one set of cheap, clean second-hand clothes.  

X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2014 at 3:39am

I think he's magical.  There's gotta be some reason why his thread is the only one on the "Commercials You Hate" page that has stars next to it.

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2014 at 3:52am
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

I think he's magical.  There's gotta be some reason why his thread is the only one on the "Commercials You Hate" page that has stars next to it.

ConfusedDead...*I* think he must love you (and want to show you just how much) for that observation. Probably going to invite you to a 'a gay soirée in Germaneaa' that will find you waking up in his shirt (how sweet!Embarrassed). Enjoy. 
And there are two other 'hate' threads with five-star rankings...(but how the heck did it happen?!)

"Soirée, Thoreaaa? Or just smoocheaaa?"

trivago_guy

"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
ADamant View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ADamant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2014 at 4:35am

No, it's not a Texas accent.  Can't really place it.  At 22 seconds (video on previous page), when he says "With two clicks, select", it just sounds odd.  Nothing major, though.

I should probably consider myself blessed that I have not been subjected to this commercial on TV; the forums are the only place I have seen it. In any case, the way he says the aforementioned phrase (around :22 to :26, "and with two clicks, select your check-in and check-out dates... and search.") reminds me of SNL's Taran Killam impersonating Brad Pitt in a Chanel commercial. Ironically enough, one of the first things mentioned in this clip below about the spoof commercial is "looking super-homeless":

*WARNING* This message was composed on a computer in a household where peanuts and peanut products are served.
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2014 at 2:31pm

^  Oh, yeah.  LOL

I remember that Pitt commercial.  Stupid, stupid, stupid.  In fact, I started a thread about that one when it was out.

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2014 at 2:36pm
Originally posted by PaWolf PaWolf wrote:

And there are two other 'hate' threads with five-star rankings...(but how the heck did it happen?!)

I'm tellin' ya---it's magic.

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2014 at 3:24pm
ConfusedThe guy is just too bizarre - if he knows how to find you a cheap hotel room, he knows how to find your hotel room. Don't think I'd like that - don't think I need Trivago's 'services', thank you very much. 
DerSchuhmacher View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote DerSchuhmacher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2014 at 7:00am
My Word!!! You guys are pathetic!!! First of all, most complain that actors, actresses and the like are "too perfect" because no one looks as beautiful as them in real life-I have to agree. Then they finally pick a guy that blends in in a crowd and you guys have a fit?!?! He looks like he could be a construction worker, computer work or several other professions.

He looks like an every day Joe!!! His hair has wave to it, he is NOT sweaty, he's not ghostly white...He's not a foreigner, he was born in Texas!!! He lives in Germany!!!

I have to wonder what all of you look like...

Furthermore, this site is called commercials I hate?? How can anyone like commercials?? I hate ALL commercials. They advertise things to get the hoarders and obsessives to spend all their money, they often run the same commercial 2-3 times in a row, they advertise things we all ready know about-very seldom is it actually a new product. We are all ready inundated in magazines, tv, radio, strips on sanitary products, web pages, they even threatened to advertise on eggs!!! And a high percentage of commercials highly insult my intelligence!!!

It wouldn't be so bad if we did commercials the way Germany used to and have a commercial free program and then at the end run all the commercials before the next program came on. Then that way those who are hypnotized to buy everything could sit there and watch and those of us who have a mind of our own could actually go to the bathroom, get something to eat/drink, write an E-mail or stretch before the next show. No wonder most peoples' attention spans suck.

Papa Lazarou View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec
Formerly Codtaro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Papa Lazarou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2014 at 8:11am
Are you done standing on your soap box? I have to do t'washing.
Banana!
BANANA!!
BANANA!!!
BANANA!!
Banana!
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2014 at 10:46am
Originally posted by DerSchuhmacher DerSchuhmacher wrote:

My Word!!! You guys are pathetic!!! First of all, most complain that actors, actresses and the like are "too perfect" because no one looks as beautiful as them in real life-I have to agree. Then they finally pick a guy that blends in in a crowd and you guys have a fit?!?! He looks like he could be a construction worker, computer work or several other professions.

He looks like an every day Joe!!! His hair has wave to it, he is NOT sweaty, he's not ghostly white...He's not a foreigner, he was born in Texas!!! He lives in Germany!!!

I have to wonder what all of you look like...

Furthermore, this site is called commercials I hate?? How can anyone like commercials?? I hate ALL commercials. They advertise things to get the hoarders and obsessives to spend all their money, they often run the same commercial 2-3 times in a row, they advertise things we all ready know about-very seldom is it actually a new product. We are all ready inundated in magazines, tv, radio, strips on sanitary products, web pages, they even threatened to advertise on eggs!!! And a high percentage of commercials highly insult my intelligence!!!

It wouldn't be so bad if we did commercials the way Germany used to and have a commercial free program and then at the end run all the commercials before the next program came on. Then that way those who are hypnotized to buy everything could sit there and watch and those of us who have a mind of our own could actually go to the bathroom, get something to eat/drink, write an E-mail or stretch before the next show. No wonder most peoples' attention spans suck.

ConfusedHi...welcome aboard.
If something drives one nuts about a commercial, comments get made - and this guy drives everyone nuts.
Beyond everything you've read prior...Yea, he looks like a wannabe-German (and, why yes, thank you - I would know). 

If you want to see what WE look like, there is a 'pictures' thread. You will find we are all very good looking, are socially-acceptable,  and have the right to 'hate commercials' given none of us have been asked to be in any.  
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2014 at 10:53am
Originally posted by d4everman d4everman wrote:

Yeah theres a thread about this already. I agree. He looks like a bum. From what I understand he is from Texas but lives (or lived) in Germany. From my experiences from living in Germany for a few years...well, some folks don't shower much there. (I know that sounds bad, but well....)
LOLIndeed...soap & water & deodorant seemed to be 'luxury items' when we bounced around France & Germany. Women also didn't always see the need to shave their legs or under the arms, yet would run around in bright colored fishnet stockings.
Stacy View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stacy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2014 at 6:14pm
I've been to a few countries in Europe and almost  all the people I came in contact with were clean and didn't smell.  My relatives there, in fact, all showered every day, used deodorant and went out looking far more presentable than many Americans look when they step out the door. I will agree that many women, in years past, didn't shave their underarms and legs as a regular habit, but all the young ones I met there did. It was probably a generational thing. I'm not ancient, but I do remember my mother telling me that it wasn't a common thing for many women to "shave" when she was very young, either, and my mom was super-clean, both on her person and with her house. Practices change, and a lot of it has nothing to do with cleanliness. 
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2014 at 7:56pm
Originally posted by Stacy Stacy wrote:

My relatives there, in fact, all showered every day, used deodorant and went out looking far more presentable than many Americans look when they step out the door.  

I agree that we've become a nation of slobs.  Over the past 20 years or so, we've begun to look like hell.  At this point, I think slobbishness is something many actually aspire to.  Militant slobs!  Look at the Duck Dynasty guys.  Prior to their makeovers, they looked like linen-wearers from The Hamptons or Malibu.  Now that they've transformed themselves into pigs, people idolize them.

msmadz View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
8+ years on CIH

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote msmadz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2014 at 7:57pm
His shirt seems see-through or his skin is the same color. Something weird. And yeah, it does look wrinkled. Not he best call in wardrobe. This guy has been on all weekend on the channel I was watching.
The artist formerly known as Madawee

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2014 at 1:05am

I've been to a few countries in Europe and almost  all the people I came in contact with were clean and didn't smell.  My relatives there, in fact, all showered every day, used deodorant and went out looking far more presentable than many Americans look when they step out the door. I will agree that many woman, in years past, didn't shave their underarms and legs as a regular habit, but all the young ones I met there did. It was probablya a generational thing. I'm not ancient, but I do remember my mother telling me that it wasn't a common thing for many woman to "shave" when she was very young, either, and my mom was super-clean, both on her person and with her house. Practices change, and a lot of it has nothing to do with cleanliness. 
WinkAge before beauty, Ma'am...
I grew up living all over Europe, Ireland, and Great Britain, then went back for professional reasons. We also lived in a few *small* French and German farm towns, along with a few cities and I'm here to tell you the 'sights & aromas' one encounters remain with you for life, but I'm also here to tell you to this day, I dearly miss those people, places, and times. We left our European life in January, 1976. 
I've had some trips for customers since (I never turn down a chance to return), and yes, 'things change'.
MissyDCrankiness doesn't share the same desire to return as I do - she doesn't like getting caught in any conversation she can't understand and gets upset (not visibly), leaving me to deal with her until she calms down (she even gets riled when we run into hoards of Amish people chatting between themselves).

Hoagie78 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hoagie78 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2014 at 1:37am

My relatives there, in fact, all showered every day, used deodorant and went out looking far more presentable than many Americans look when they step out the door.  

I agree that we've become a nation of slobs.  Over the past 20 years or so, we've begun to look like hell.  At this point, I think slobbishness is something many actually aspire to.  Militant slobs!  Look at the Duck Dynasty guys.  Prior to their makeovers, they looked like linen-wearers from The Hamptons or Malibu.  Now that they've transformed themselves into pigs, people idolize them.

I agree. The 80's were probably the last decade that people aspired to look presentable. If you look back at shows from that time period the preppy/clean cut/wall street look was in. People wanted to look like the people on Dynasty. Now they want to look like Duck Dynasty.

The arrival of Grunge in the mid 90's began the decline.
Clownloach64 View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clownloach64 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2014 at 11:53am
This is place for commercial hate. Please do not judge us. We do the Lord's work.
Clownloach64
Beckler View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Beckler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2014 at 3:07am
It's a stupid commercial, sure, as all commercials are.  But the only reason I hate it, and him, so much is if you watch CNN at all, it's literally playing every 15 min.  I want to knock the TV over.  I'll never ever go to trivago for anything.  :D  What the hell is their strategy anyway?  Annoy the hell out of someone until they finally give in and go book some vacation on trivago?  Stop playing it continuously, morons.
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2014 at 3:25pm

I think I saw him the other day in a commercial for some company that somehow works with small businesses.  It was just a split-second snippet, and it was really tiny, taken from the Trivago commercial.

Anyway, if you think he looks rough in the commercial, check out this pic...

strifeknot View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote strifeknot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2014 at 8:36pm
We're all temporary.
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2014 at 9:08pm

Originally posted by strifeknot strifeknot wrote:

We're all temporary.

Maybe he means he's working on a sex change.

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2014 at 10:05pm

Originally posted by strifeknot strifeknot wrote:

We're all temporary.

Maybe he means he's working on a sex change.

Check out his web page. I think you have a point - maybe a few (including one he apparently is trying to lose). It never ceases to amaze me how many women were accidently born in men's bodies...seems to make one think that the whole 'reincarnation' thing is a mess and controlled by WalMart.  
jjhoneybean View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jjhoneybean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2014 at 3:04pm
OMG....I thought I was the only person who thinks this guy is disgusting...You can tell he's a smoker right off the bat by his voice...then they put a smoker with an already grey pallor in a wrinkled gray shirt...his hair, also, is a greasy mess...I swear to God, every time he's on the air, I think I can actually smell him..Also, love the long torso and short bowed legs..
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 14>
  Share Topic