Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Radio Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

D-I-N-O-V-I-T-E . com (die)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TurdFerguson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: D-I-N-O-V-I-T-E . com (die)
    Posted: 12 Jun 2013 at 7:25am
Anyone else been ear-molested by these awful ads lately?  They used to be all over the radio a few years ago, mercifully disappeared for a while, and are now back worse than ever.  They always use the fake-caller tactic (does that even work on people, by the way?) where the "testimonials" sound as though someone has called in from their phone and recorded a message praising this product.  They could be actual telephone messages, though I doubt it.  There's not even an announcer to be found in the ads, just these "phoney" (hyuck, hyuck) "phone call" clips.

Each ad is essentially just a barrage of these "testimonial" people raving about how their dog doesn't smell anymore, doesn't chew and chew and chew, has a shiny coat, looks like a puppy again, etc., but the "testimonials" are not complete sentences in most cases - just snippets of sentences played at a manic pace.  It's kind of overwhelming and unsettling.  The absolute WORST thing about these ads is the soundbite of some woman saying "D-I-N-O-V-I-T-E . COM" with the sound of a dog barking once in the background (probably pasted in and not her actual dog,) as if to emphasize her nails-on-a-chalkboard reading of the website address.  She has this horribly loathsome air of self-satisfaction when she says it, as though she's really letting you know, and you are no doubt extremely impressed with the fact that she can spell the name of the website she was paid $4.53 to shill for on the radio.  They never let one of these horrific ads play without playing her "message" twice.  Usually one in the middle of the ad, and almost always closing with her insipid spelling demonstration.  

Makes me want to grab the nearest power tool and insert into my ear every night when I'm working in the garage and trying to catch some late-night kook talk radio.  
--------------
It's funny 'cause it's bigger than a normal hat.
Sponsored Links

AdAnalyzer View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AdAnalyzer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2013 at 8:03pm
Do people actually call hotlines to give product testimonials? This seems to be a very popular technique withy advertisers, but I don't think it happens in real life. It always reminds me of hose Goldbond commercials they used to play in the 90s.

I'd be curious to know if these were actual people who had used the product and were paid afterwards to do the ads or if they're just paid actors.
Commercials are awesome, except the annoying ones.
tomatodon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tomatodon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2013 at 3:20pm
I cannot agree more.  These ads drive me crazy for all the same reasons.  I feel like turning off the radio every time I hear these fake testimonials.
TurdFerguson View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TurdFerguson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2013 at 6:34am
Originally posted by AdAnalyzer AdAnalyzer wrote:

Do people actually call hotlines to give product testimonials? This seems to be a very popular technique withy advertisers, but I don't think it happens in real life. It always reminds me of hose Goldbond commercials they used to play in the 90s.

I'd be curious to know if these were actual people who had used the product and were paid afterwards to do the ads or if they're just paid actors.

Pure speculation on my part, but I highly doubt that they really set up hotlines for testimonials.  It's way easier and cheaper to bring in Nancy from Accounting, stick a mic in her face, throw a quick telephone-effect filter over the audio in ProTools, and then bring in Gary from Marketing, and so on.  Though there might be some companies that do take calls, it'd probably just get expensive, and if there's one thing that these eardrum rapists don't seem to put money into, it's the quality of their ads (as well as their products in most cases.)

That also reminds me of those insulting-to-my-intelligence fake phone calls that radio stations, especially large nationwide chains, paste into the audio for their station identification spots.  They always sound so chipper and happy, as if they got a chance to call into their favorite station and they're going to put them on the air.  Yeah right - those days are LONG gone.

They all sound something like these:  "They play ALL the latest hits," "This is my FAVORITE station," "Less talk, more VARIETY," and "I am a fake caller who's getting one over on you by making you think I called a hotline and they are playing my voice on the radio in a lazy, half-assed attempt to make it seem like our programming is an intimate experience a la the pre-1996 days, you know, back when there were decent radio personalities that you actually wanted to listen to in between songs and breaks, and you'd maybe even call them up once in a while during commercial breaks just to shoot the sh*t, because they enjoyed their jobs and liked being connected to their listeners.  WOOO!"  Okay, I admit that I made the last one up.

Funny how the "callers" never seem to actually mention the station by name; they leave that to the voiceover guy to say the call letters/genre/slogan.  I know it's not a crime or anything, but for F's sake, it's like an open-palmed slap directly to my brain.  It seems that the broadcasters are going for a subliminal effect -- they're not flat-out lying to you per se, more like lying by omission.  They're definitely doing it to give you the false impression that they took callers to rant and rave about how much they love the station without actually having callers dial in and tell you how much they love the station.  Why?  Because no one enjoys their radio stations like they used to, or at least very few do.  Sad part is, this gimmick probably works on most listeners in the way that they get the "hype" feeling without the broadcasters having to work for it.   But we CIH members are smarter than that, right?  I can't be the only one annoyed by this, I hope.

I guess it wouldn't bother me so much had radio not taken a really nasty turn for the worse in the late 90s, when the airwaves got deregulated and most of the mom-and-pop stations got gobbled up by Cumulus and Clear Channel.  There used to be some great stations out there.  Anyone from Northeast Ohio here remember 107.9 - The End?  Now THAT was radio.

Sorry to be so wordy.  If I'm this cynical now in my 30s, I really don't want to know what kind of curmudgeon I'll be in my 50s and 60s.  Smile
--------------
AdAnalyzer View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AdAnalyzer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2013 at 8:21pm
Exactly, and so much word. They could at least work on being more realistic. They always talk in commercials like no one would actually talk in real life about a product. I used to call radio stations back when Nashville had my beloved Oldies 96.3, which was turned into Jack FM, but I don't ever remember getting that excited. I just asked the DJ to play my song and that was it.
Commercials are awesome, except the annoying ones.
dinoveg View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dinoveg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2013 at 8:28pm
I have never been so revolted at listening to a commercial.  I've been listening to the radio for 20 years and it is the only commercial that makes me literally run to the volume knob and turn it all the way off.  There is a lot to hate about this commercial.  First, it's the people describing the disgusting health issues their pets suffer.  It will make you want to vomit and you'll swear you can smell rank wet dog after it's been rolling around in some dead animal carcass.  Second it's the people who are testifying themselves.  You can't help but figure out that they are fake, and you can imagine the production setup were they actually have the person talk through a phone to capture their scripted testimonial.  It's probably the friends and family of the people who work at the company.  Third, for a product that is supposedly this good, you would think that it would just be sold at pet stores, Walmart, etc. and it wouldn't require an insanely annoying radio commercial.

I vote this is the worst commercial of all time.
SMASHYOURTV999 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote SMASHYOURTV999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2013 at 7:56am
Originally posted by AdAnalyzer AdAnalyzer wrote:

They always talk in commercials like no one would actually talk in real life about a product.

I can;t stand an ad where a middle aged guy calls up to give his testimonial for a testosterone product and mentions "more libido" among the great changed he's been seeing.

What man on EARTH casually says "hey, I've got more libido lately!"

NONE. No real human ever uses that phrase in real life.

Now excuse me, I just had some great chips and salsa and I have to call the company and scream T!-O!-S!-T!-I!-T!-O!-S! into the phone. Maybe later ill call C!-H!-A!-R!-M!-I!-N!
Steve M. View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve M. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2013 at 6:13pm
I listen to 770 KKOB in Albuquerque. It seems that these repulsive ads run every 5 minutes. I have 3 dogs, but I would never try this product.
zgrillo2004 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zgrillo2004 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2014 at 10:26pm
Im getting sick and goddamn tired of their sh*tty radio ads. its a scam, and it might be dangerous to our animals. one pill doesnt cure a dog from common problem. this is for people who are just too lazy and cheap to take them to the vet. whoever thought of this product is one reason why the US being a big pill producing nation
turtl3s0up View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote turtl3s0up Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2014 at 6:04pm
Now wait a second. Calling this product a scam without trying it is ridiculous. I've used it on both of my dogs, and they are the healthiest and most happiest that they've ever been. It has to be used over a period of 90 days instead of a one time pill thing and it's a powder, not a pill. Do your research before you look like an idiot.
TurdFerguson View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TurdFerguson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2014 at 8:10pm
So you joined this site just to say that?  Neat.  When you have a moment, please tell your bosses to get better radio commercials.  They're god-awful.
--------------
amw View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2014 at 4:16pm
I created an account on this website just to express my disdain for this commercial.

Not only are the "testimonials" obviously fake, but most of them don't even make sense.  Towards the middle of the commercial, all I hear are people through a garbled "cell phone" barking out words like "flax seeds" "omega 3 fatty acids" "alfalfa" "zinc" "the nutrients that are cooked out of most regular dog food" etc...

They don't even say that this product actually contains any of these supposedly important nutrients!

Oh, and have any of you heard the newer one with the old couple on the phone chanting "D I N O V I T E.COM" together... and laughing about it?  They're supposed to sound like they are on cell phones, but they're both screeching out that annoying website together.  I doubt they figured out how to conference call in the dinovite hotline on their cell phones so that they could talk at the same time.

Checkmate!
Done View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Done Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2014 at 2:18pm
"D-I-N-O-V-I-T-E.com..."
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2014 at 6:15pm
Originally posted by Done Done wrote:

"D-I-N-O-V-I-T-E.com..."

Soooo, Are you Done????   LOLTongueWink
Wankel View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wankel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2014 at 6:24pm
I feel sorry for dogs who have dumb owners like in this ad...
amw View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2014 at 5:59pm
This commercial is Bush's fault
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2014 at 6:52pm
Everything is Bush's fault.
TheNilvarg View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheNilvarg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2015 at 9:03pm
Originally posted by TurdFerguson TurdFerguson wrote:

That also reminds me of those insulting-to-my-intelligence fake phone calls that radio stations, especially large nationwide chains, paste into the audio for their station identification spots.  They always sound so chipper and happy, as if they got a chance to call into their favorite station and they're going to put them on the air.  Yeah right - those days are LONG gone.

Oh my God, YES. I thought I was the only one who noticed this. Our local classic rock station (Classic Rock 101.1 in the Upstate SC area) has a station identification/commercial, and they have a string of testimonials about the station that are obviously being read by actors or maybe even the station's employees; they just sound far too chipper and excited, and use language that you'd only use if you were reading a script written by a marketing department. It's so insulting to our intelligence. Do they really expect people to believe this?
Adsontherun View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adsontherun Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2015 at 11:32pm
Never heard this, never want to. Nevermind, I live in Erie I don't have to hear it.
Sometimes the loneliness gets to you.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
No amount of cheers and claps can make anything better.
*^7^&^^^^@($&(@1(*$@~~~~~~~~
1936!
CapeCat View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CapeCat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2015 at 1:48am
I think I hear the same set of actors' faked-on-the-phone bawling and drawling the same inanities for both Dinovite for pets and some cure-all called "Texas Super Food" for people  (which apparently has "Alfalfa!" in it -  Wow!!  Have some hay,  folks - good for what ails ya!) We are getting barraged with ads for both products here and I can't stand it.  Instant mute! 
CapeCat
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2015 at 2:07am
Originally posted by CapeCat CapeCat wrote:

I think I hear the same set of actors' faked-on-the-phone bawling and drawling the same inanities for both Dinovite for pets and some cure-all called "Texas Super Food" for people  (which apparently has "Alfalfa!" in it -

"Alfalfa??  I love eating Alfalfa!"

CapeCat View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CapeCat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2015 at 2:12am
Thor!!! ClapShockedShocked
Is she also having  a big helping of Buckwheat with that?
CapeCat
Donathan View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donathan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2015 at 1:21pm
Darla, at least in the 1993 Little Rascals movie, was adorable... I cheered when she won the race against all the boys!
My name is Donathan, pronounced the same way you pronounce Jonathan, except with a D.😀 Hitting on a Lesbian who speaks to you and about you like trash means you're REALLY desperate! 😀

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2015 at 2:42pm
Originally posted by CapeCat CapeCat wrote:

Thor!!! ClapShockedShocked
Is she also having  a big helping of Buckwheat with that?

LOL

I think that was illegal back then.  

videotapeguy View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote videotapeguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2015 at 2:51am
Biddy-biddy-bump!

Dinovite is BACK... Angry I'm starting to hear it all the time on the local talk radio station. Now they've got some lady talking about how her dog had yeast infections. Yuck!
Back after three years away from here.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic