Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Geico Camel On Wednesday

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bwestfall Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2013 at 8:21pm
I get a chuckle out of this one, too.  I like the camel's voice and he is just so happy--this may be the best thing that happens to him.  Well, that and spitting on anyone who steps on his toes.
A new study finds that people who are chipper & happy live longer. Which is surprising because people who aren't chipper & happy want to kill people who are always chipper & happy. David Letterman
Sponsored Links

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2013 at 8:46pm
Originally posted by PaWolf PaWolf wrote:

This commercial isn't worth a camel's toe.

Ken 1802 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ken 1802 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2013 at 11:03pm
I saw this ad on a Sunday.... I remembered thinking,"Yeah... Today's actually Sunday, so the Hump Day joke doesn't work today...."
Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2013 at 11:06pm
This ad is slowly growing on me, I don't know why, it just is.

Maybe, I should stop taking things so seriously,and relax!

One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
4thDragon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 4thDragon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2013 at 3:05am

Okay... I'm not really sure why you guys hate this commercial so much. I laugh at this commercial everytime it comes on and it always brings me out of a bad mood if I'm in one.

Just put it together

It's a Talking Camel (which is already funny it itself)LOL

On Wednesday

Talking about HUMP DAYYYYYYY YEAHHHHH!!!!

This commercial is currently set as my ringtone and when my phone goes off, everyone around me is laughing.

Lighten up a little. The commercial wasn't designed to be taken literal you know.
Whitedog127 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whitedog127 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2013 at 3:41am
Originally posted by Ad nauseous Ad nauseous wrote:

This ad is slowly growing on me, I don't know why, it just is.

Maybe, I should stop taking things so seriously,and relax!

It has caught on in my office...someone HAS to say it on Wednesday.
Braaaandy Aaaaalexaaaaaander!
slhanks4 View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slhanks4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2013 at 7:24pm
Personally, I think this commercial is hilarious. It is a parody of "that guy" in the office who walks around on Wednesday asking people (for the 325th time) if they know what day it is. If you work in an office, you know who this guy is.

I can't however stand the two geeks with the guitar and mandolin.
Ken 1802 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ken 1802 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2013 at 11:53pm
I kind of see myself in this Geico Camel. :P I find myself making corny jokes to brighten co-workers' days.... :P
Hootman View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hootman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2013 at 12:10am
I can see myself in Catherine Zeta Jones , but a camel?  Nah.
Ken 1802 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ken 1802 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2013 at 1:52am
LOL, Hoot. You know what I meant.
!Tommy View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote !Tommy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2013 at 9:55pm
ARGH!!!! I HATE THIS COMMERCIAL!!! I have to quickly mute this unintelligent camel everytime he comes on. I absolutely loathe when he's all WAHOOOOO!!! at the end of the commercial. I'd like to smash his face in when he does that. It's not funny or cute, it's annoying as hell. And what's so great about hump day anyway? It's just like any other day to me anymore.
DemonicMelodies View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DemonicMelodies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2013 at 10:18pm
Yeah this commercial sucks on so many levels. But the "Well, did you know..." geico commercials are right up there with the Flo commercials or maybe even worse. Theyre just pain stakingly bad and unbearable to sit through and I feel like my intelligence is being insulted when i watch it.
d4everman View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote d4everman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2013 at 2:24am
The Did you know" commercials are horrible....I wonder why they stopped with the Rod Serling like guy who would pose those silly questions. (the same guy that was in the original Maxwell the Pig ads). They were at least somewhat amusing.

The camel is in a small way, warming up to me....only because I have a friend named Mike (and indeed, that is MY first name as well. His wife started texting us both on Wednesday with Mike, mMike, Mike Mike....what day is it?"...so we'd get a chuckle out of it.
No Good Deed Goes Unpunished
Whitedog127 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whitedog127 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2013 at 2:41am
I think the "did you know" ads are stupid too...but I have to admit, I do laugh at Old MacDonald at the spelling bee.
"Cow...C-O-W-E-I-E-I-O"    BZZZT!   "Dagnabbit!"
Braaaandy Aaaaalexaaaaaander!
mbaker View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote mbaker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2013 at 11:07pm

If it's got wings, i can crash it!
ItsAllTME View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ItsAllTME Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2013 at 4:51am
I actually liked this commercial at first... but not so much now that they've shown it to death. The only thing that makes me laugh about it now is that I work w/ a guy named Mike so sometimes when I'm trying to get his attention I'll say "Mike Mike Mike Mike Mike" just to make people laugh.
timdubya View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timdubya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2013 at 5:15am
I went to the Nebraska State Fair today, and when I went by the camel rides, I thought of this commercial.  And today is Wednesday.
Snesgamer View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snesgamer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2013 at 7:09am
Several of my facebook friends are posting doctored pictures of this camel - apparently this is a quasi-meme now. I want to die.

Admittedly, I did see a photoshop where the camel was humping Miley Cyrus from her VMA performance asking her what day it is - that one gave me probably the only chuckle I've had out of the whole thing.
DKS View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DKS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2013 at 11:05am
More than once recently I've heard people proclaiming "Hump daaaaayyy, yeah!". I've also seen people post still pictures on said camel on Facebook. The commercial really does seem to be a hit with at least some of the public.
"I see the sadness in their eyes
Melancholy in their cries
Devoid of all the passion
The human spirit cannot die"
CaptainErnie View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CaptainErnie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2013 at 5:43pm
This one is BAD, but I think they have revised their scheduling strategy and now this one only plays on Wednesdays (at least that's the only day I see it now).
Hezadancer View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hezadancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2013 at 5:59pm
So the camel is a meme now? How have I not seen this?
It's ok, I'm in marketing!
regulus View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote regulus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2013 at 7:15pm
Nuts to the Generally Excruciatingly Irratating Commercial Organization. Angry

I just SAVED 17% Big smile on my Auto Insurance by switching from State Farm to

ALLSTATE!!!LOL
Poiuyt Power!!!
jhiller21 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jhiller21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2013 at 11:38pm
I used to be a Geico customer. I saved $28 a month by switching to Nationwide. Same coverage.

It turns out the companies who advertise the most are usually more expensive. Who knew?

sainteddie View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sainteddie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2013 at 3:09pm
it's really depressing that this is what middle aged people find to be humorous nowadays. I hope I never settle down to the point where I get a chuckle out of a commercial like this

The Who may not feel the same way anymore, but I sure hope I die before I get old
Snesgamer View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snesgamer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2013 at 4:29pm
It is definitely a meme now. So many people using variations of the pic on their Facebook.

WHY, though, is the question. It's no funnier than any other Geico ad, and hump day jokes have been around since forever.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic