Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Geico Camel On Wednesday

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote TV_Casualty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Geico Camel On Wednesday
    Posted: 05 Jun 2013 at 12:51am

These commercials from Geico are not funny and it just reeks of desperation that they can't think of anything actually funny.

Look at the first comment under the video. it says "Best Geico commercial of all time" and it got 27 likes!!!

How come these people can't see what we all see? That these commercials are corny for simple minds. Why do so many people actually think this stuff is actually funny? What's the difference between their brains and our brains on this forum?

lol can someone please explain?

Sponsored Links

Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2013 at 1:52am
Some people are amused by the simplest of things. That's all.

My dad likes this commercial, which bewilders me, cause I don't usually see him as an idiot! He's not one!
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
Moochamoocha View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Moochamoocha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2013 at 1:56am
What a stupid commercial, made even worse by having the Happy Hipster Douchebag Duo in it. Why, oh why, couldn't the camel have spit on them?
Tiz View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2013 at 11:18pm
Look at the first comment under the video. it says "Best Geico commercial of all time" and it got 27 likes!!! 
Any of those 27 idiots gonna switch to geico? A "talking" camel is not going to make me pick up the phone and call.
tass View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote tass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2013 at 1:09am
Geico commercials have been awful since the beginning of time but this one is pretty funny IMO.
JusticeColde View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JusticeColde Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2013 at 6:25pm
I actually like this one and the Pillsbury Doughboy one.
The one with Dikembe Mutombo wasn't bad either, but rest are meh at best.
sgtrock21 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sgtrock21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2013 at 1:59am
Originally posted by JusticeColde JusticeColde wrote:

I know who the Pillsbury Doughboy is. I have no idea who Dikembe Mutombo is. I hate both of them.
EEEEts All so REEEdEEEculous
Snesgamer View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snesgamer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2013 at 2:15am
Originally posted by TV_Casualty TV_Casualty wrote:

These commercials from Geico are not funny and it just reeks of desperation that they can't think of anything actually funny.

How come these people can't see what we all see? That these commercials are corny for simple minds. Why do so many people actually think this stuff is actually funny? What's the difference between their brains and our brains on this forum?

lol can someone please explain?

Let me see, if I recall right, the last time I remember anyone laughing at a "hump day" joke was all the way back in Junior High.
Papa Lazarou View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec
Formerly Codtaro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Papa Lazarou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2013 at 2:25am
This is the first time I've even heard of it...
Banana!
BANANA!!
BANANA!!!
BANANA!!
Banana!
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2013 at 3:44am
Originally posted by Tiz Tiz wrote:

Any of those 27 idiots gonna switch to geico? A "talking" camel is not going to make me pick up the phone and call.
The BEST one was 'Dragula the 'Candy Striper', working at the Blood Bank'.
Sold me right away.
Quit donating blood immediately.
Quit eating Lebanese food immediately.
No cookies.
Went right out and switched to State Farm Auto Insurance.

X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
mbaker View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mbaker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2013 at 4:16pm
These retards need to be stopped! At least 'Mad TV' made fun of those bastards!

If it's got wings, i can crash it!
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2013 at 6:20pm

This commercial isn't worth a camel's toe.

X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Moochamoocha View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Moochamoocha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2013 at 6:53pm
Originally posted by mbaker mbaker wrote:

These retards need to be stopped! At least 'Mad TV' made fun of those bastards!

LOLLOLLOLLOL That had me rolling! I miss Mad TV.
chasden View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chasden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2013 at 4:28pm
I (briefly) knew a girl who would post hump day garbage on her facebook every week. The first time she did it, i knew i wasn't going to know her for very long.

Ladies, ever wonder why some guys hit it and quit it? It's because you say "hump day."
Big Momma View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
I donated.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Big Momma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2013 at 4:37pm
Embarrassed I kinda like the camel.
Hezadancer View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hezadancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2013 at 4:42pm
That camel's CGI face bugs the sh*t out of me. Especially when he makes that stupid face right before the girl answers him about hump day. WTF does this camel even DO at the office besides wander and annoy the sh*t out of everyone?
It's ok, I'm in marketing!
msmadz View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
8+ years on CIH

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote msmadz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2013 at 2:37pm
Now, why couldn't they tie this in with the office "couple"  going at it inside a cubicle?

That would be my idea of "hump day".

(OK, I'll go wash my mouth out now...)
The artist formerly known as Madawee

EMCEE View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EMCEE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2013 at 9:05pm
Originally posted by Madawee Madawee wrote:

Now, why couldn't they tie this in with the office "couple"  going at it inside a cubicle?

That would be my idea of "hump day".

(OK, I'll go wash my mouth out now...)
LOL I'm picturing them both humping away, shouting in unison to the people who pass by the cubicle, "Hey, guess what day it is?  Guess what day?"  LOL
Reader, suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress. But I repeat myself.

- Mark Twain

CaptainErnie View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CaptainErnie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2013 at 7:40pm
Anyone notice the company letters on the wall?
BDC
Big Dumb Camel?

insanity213 View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote insanity213 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2013 at 7:54pm
BDC - "Bring the Douchebags to a Close"  (As in the happy douchebag duo and their commercials)

Unfortunately that's only wishful thinking Confused
DirtyD79 View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DirtyD79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2013 at 5:29am
The real humor in this commercial is on a more meta level. The way everybody in the commercial reacts to the camel and his humpday routine is how most people in real life are starting to view "funny" commercials. Sure it may have actually been funny the first couple of times but after a while everybody just gets tired of it. It makes people start to hate you. Now sure it might get you attention but here's the problem, the any attention is good attention theory is the same theory class clowns and your average two year old operate on. The class clown gets turned down when he asks out dates and the 2 year old gets paddled and has to sit in the corner. They got attention alright but not the good kind.

Remember it's have character, not be a character. 
Mind on My Money, Money on My Beer
fhaq View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fhaq Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2013 at 3:54am
I like this commercial, but only because I have a friend who reminds me of the camel. BTW the name of the company in the background is BDC I think. Big Dumb Camel? WHOOT WHOOOT!
TeamEdward1976 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TeamEdward1976 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2013 at 7:26am
Originally posted by JusticeColde JusticeColde wrote:

I do,too!Actually,some of my coworkers were saying "Guess what day it is!It's Hump Day!"at work last Wednesday!
Julie
Angry McPisseron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
Formerly AngryMcPisseron

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angry McPisseron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2013 at 5:18pm
Somebody needs to sew its lips to its tallywhacker and lock it in a dark closet until the room starts to reek like a dead mouse (or a few thousand of the little fvckers) behind the wall.
AngryShockedOuchDeadOuchShockedAngry

FaithSF View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FaithSF Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2013 at 4:51am
I just love the way he says, "Hump DAAAAY!" 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic