Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Vaseline Spray n Go-Video

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ALE515 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Vaseline Spray n Go-Video
    Posted: 24 May 2013 at 5:29pm
I don't know why this commercial annoys me, but it does. Maybe it's because I'm an avid lotion user, that I get mad that she doesn't really put lotion on any other part of her skin except that line she sprays on herself. I'm just really annoyed by this girl....

Sponsored Links

KrissyBean View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KrissyBean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2013 at 6:46pm
I don't like the way she stands..... like a puppet or something.
And no, no lotion blends into your skin that fast.
Bears. Beets. Battlestar Gallactica.
insanity213 View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote insanity213 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2013 at 7:06pm
Who the hell is that uppity about getting dressed to go out?  Lady, take some friggin' Ritalin and get dressed like a normal person.  
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2013 at 8:52pm
^LOL
She must have to spray herself down to slide into those cloths. In a hurry or not.
Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2013 at 10:07pm
I hate the f**king clapping in this ad, so annoying!Thumbs Down
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
paradisecircus View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paradisecircus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2013 at 11:53pm
Ugh, clapping in commercials is a big annoyance for me! I hate this commercial for a few reasons: the girl, while cute, is too friggin' skinny. Eat a cheeseburger ya toothpick!! I do also find it annoying that she only applies moisturizer in 4 thin stripes and then gets dressed. That really riles up my inner OCD-ness. And lastly, wth kind of shoes did she just slip on?? They look like daddy's old house slippers.
ALE515 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ALE515 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2013 at 12:07am
Originally posted by paradisecircus paradisecircus wrote:

Ugh, clapping in commercials is a big annoyance for me! I hate this commercial for a few reasons: the girl, while cute, is too friggin' skinny. Eat a cheeseburger ya toothpick!! I do also find it annoying that she only applies moisturizer in 4 thin stripes and then gets dressed. That really riles up my inner OCD-ness. And lastly, wth kind of shoes did she just slip on?? They look like daddy's old house slippers.

Yes! My OCD-ness with the lotion goes off the radar! I cringe, I really do! And those shoes are probably like those Tom's shoes. I'm all for charity, but god those are soooooo ugly. Yea I said it!
Darthhillbilly View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darthhillbilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2013 at 12:56am
The lotion must be made by the same people who make spray cleaners. You know the ones.. a thin line of cleaner but the sponge cleans a path as wide as itself without ever spreading the cleaner?

Yeah, that stuff is in our lotions now. It's made of unicorn horn and that oh-so-soothing powdered gnome scrotum.
"It's never too late to choose life...instead of the internet. Just drop the mouse." - Darwin Watterson
ALE515 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ALE515 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2013 at 12:58am
Originally posted by Darthhillbilly Darthhillbilly wrote:

The lotion must be made by the same people who make spray cleaners. You know the ones.. a thin line of cleaner but the sponge cleans a path as wide as itself without ever spreading the cleaner?

Yeah, that stuff is in our lotions now. It's made of unicorn horn and that oh-so-soothing powdered gnome scrotum.

Well if gnome scrotum is in it, then it's got to be good!
dizrythmia View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dizrythmia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2013 at 6:20am
yeah. i'm sorry, i'm not buying that it absorbs in two seconds. my mom has severe eczema, she should try this out (assuming she can use it) and see how quickly it really does absorb. her skin's like a sponge.
Jedichica View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jedichica Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2013 at 3:46am
I hate this commercial so much I googled it and became a member just to complain. It literally turns my stomach. I don't relate at all. Maybe it's designed by men. Maybe I'm not the market. But I feel better. I'll never buy the product because the commercial makes me want to be violent. :)
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2013 at 4:24am

^  If it was designed by men, they wouldn't have used that boy chick in her boy clothes.  They'd have gotten Kate Upton or someone...and have her lovingly spreading the lotion all over herself.

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2013 at 4:46am
This stuff almosts sounds the equivilent of 'Sneek a Poo' for a stanky-skanky whore, 'cept 'spray on the outside'because it's what's on the inside that counts reeks. 
You MIGHT just get one or two more 'Joes' in before needing to rent a hotel room just for the shower and 'bagwash'.
I wonder if it says anything like, 'Store in your purse after your frst use (of the night)'
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
zippyjet View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zippyjet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2013 at 6:16am
By far, these replies have been the funniest I've read. This commercial was out earlier this year or last year. The chick is hot, I believe she's a gymnast and or dancer. She's just right check out those buff stems on her. I'll slather on that goo on her lithe hottie rockin bod any day of the week or night for that matter. I agree I hate the clapping and that lotion goo smells like sheeeit.

Her name is Emma Chadwick and she is a ballet dancer. I appreciate the toned body of a dancer or for that matter athletic buff women. In the commercial she comes off as hipster with that hobo hat and those well worn probably smelly ballet slippers. 
I approve this message.
Hezadancer View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hezadancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2013 at 1:48am
Hate this ad but I can't quite figure out why. I think the girl is just insufferable with her "omg so important, gotta get dressed fast" thing going on. Also, a hat? Could you TRY any harder to seem quirky and fun? f**k off.
It's ok, I'm in marketing!
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2013 at 2:17am

^  Maybe she's channeling "Blossom".

SJames View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SJames Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2013 at 2:43am
I'm actually quite impressed at how she literally jumps into those shoes without falling on her face.
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2014 at 3:07pm

Yea, this commercial is back big-time. It makes me feel dirty every time I see it - how can anyone jump up 'goo the body', then put on clothes?! And all of this WITHOUT first having taken a shower? Oh well, at least the 'Road to Homelessness' will not seem uncomfortable.

"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
iampinkcherry View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iampinkcherry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2014 at 3:33am
Firstly, she obviously isn't getting all of skin, and one swipe of the hand does not rub it in...the way she jumps in her pants and shoes halfway on and scoots out the door annoys me
MrCleveland View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrCleveland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2014 at 10:39pm
This commercial drives me nuts as well...I wish Buffalo Bob would hose her despite putting the lotion on the skin!
Thank God for kids who love Obscure Things.

Lee Hazelwood (1929-2007)
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2014 at 12:23am

Just watching that commercial reminds me of people who don't bathe enough. You know the ones I'm talking about - you know they are close by because you can smell them sneaking up behind you (2 blocks away). They are the kind of people parasitic insects hate, too - they're walking/talking/living/breathing fly-strips; no self-respecting insect can snatch a little blood and get away, doncha know.

Vaseline 'spray-'n-go' flystrip WITH 'victims' 
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic