Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Honey Bunches of Oats: Greek

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hzrdous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Honey Bunches of Oats: Greek
    Posted: 21 May 2013 at 12:06pm
Look, I'm new here, but I'm super excited about it - and I've gotta get this off my chest.  I HATE the Honey Bunches of Oats Greek commercial.  Hate it.  Hate. It.  I can endure the contrived family shots, but what really kills me is that woman at the end saying, "I feel healthy" and doing her little hand motion.  What is that? I think possibly she appreciates the stupidity of her line and can only get through it with the awkward movement.  Really, though, the addition of yogurt makes her feel healthy?  GREEK yogurt makes her feel healthy?  Oy.

Sponsored Links

ALE515 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ALE515 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2013 at 1:13pm
I like that cereal BUT I definitely didn't feel healthy when I was eating it!
Papa Lazarou View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec
Formerly Codtaro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Papa Lazarou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2013 at 1:30pm
God, no word can instill more hatred and disgust in me than "healthy".
Banana!
BANANA!!
BANANA!!!
BANANA!!
Banana!
msmadz View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
8+ years on CIH

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote msmadz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2013 at 3:10pm
Welcome, hzdous!

I can't stand the "I'm like, diggin' this yogurt thing" twit. Like, really? Like, I never would have guessed it. Like, STFU.
The artist formerly known as Madawee

Angry McPisseron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
Formerly AngryMcPisseron

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angry McPisseron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2013 at 3:26pm
Originally posted by Madawee Madawee wrote:

Welcome, hzdous!

I can't stand the "I'm like, diggin' this yogurt thing" twit. Like, really? Like, I never would have guessed it. Like, STFU.

"Twit" or "twat"? LOLShockedLOL

Snesgamer View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snesgamer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2013 at 5:12pm
This is one of those commercials that's really annoying in its subtlety. My least favorite segment is around the 6-second mark starting with the amplified crunching sound followed by the prune-faced lady going "I can taste the cereal and the yogurt at the same time!".
Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2013 at 5:15pm
WTF is it with the food companies putting Greek in everything? This must stop NOW!
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
Darthhillbilly View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darthhillbilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2013 at 5:21pm
The part that burns my ass the most is "I'm tasting both the yogurt and the honey at the same time."

Ya think?! Could that be because.. oh, I don't know, they're both in the same ****ing bowl?!?!
"It's never too late to choose life...instead of the internet. Just drop the mouse." - Darwin Watterson
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2013 at 5:48pm
Originally posted by Darthhillbilly Darthhillbilly wrote:

The part that burns my ass the most is "I'm tasting both the yogurt and the honey at the same time."

Ya think?! Could that be because.. oh, I don't know, they're both in the same ****ing bowl?!?!

LMAO!
msmadz View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
8+ years on CIH

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote msmadz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2013 at 6:31pm
Originally posted by Tampon Submarine Tampon Submarine wrote:

Originally posted by Madawee Madawee wrote:

Welcome, hzdous!

"Twit" or "twat"? LOLShockedLOL
LOLLOLLOL BOTH!
The artist formerly known as Madawee

hzrdous View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hzrdous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2013 at 9:39pm
OMG, you guys are killing me!  Now I hate the commercial even more!  I hadn't really picked up on the two tastes at once thing.  How inane!  And agreed on the "twit/twat".
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2013 at 9:43pm
I wonder if anybody,whose female, ever tweeted about her twat?
Snesgamer View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snesgamer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2013 at 9:45pm
Just rewatched, and now the boy deconstructing the cereal components ("There we go - honey corn flakes and chunks of... greek yogurt!" - thanks Captain Obvious) is annoying me too.

The whole commercial is like a time-released masterpiece - you find new things to annoy you with every viewing!
Snesgamer View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snesgamer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2013 at 9:47pm
Originally posted by Ad nauseous Ad nauseous wrote:

I wonder if anybody,whose female, ever tweeted about her twat?

That time of the month again, know what I mean girls? #bloodytampon
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2013 at 9:52pm
Everything the "customers" say sounds stupid. "There we go, honey corn flakes and chunks of........Greek yogurt","I'm digging this yogurt thing"', " I'm eating, healthy!" C'mon really? Is this the best, that they could come up with????
hzrdous View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hzrdous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2013 at 9:58pm
Originally posted by Snesgamer Snesgamer wrote:

Just rewatched, and now the boy deconstructing the cereal components ("There we go - honey corn flakes and chunks of... greek yogurt!" - thanks Captain Obvious) is annoying me too.

The whole commercial is like a time-released masterpiece - you find new things to annoy you with every viewing!

You nailed it.  For reasons I can't explain I just watched it again and you're abolutely right.  I have a slow internet connection, so it paused for loading at the 6 second mark for a couple of minutes.  I got a still of the teenage daughter turning her lips inward when she takes a bite.  I also just realized that "healthy" woman is sitting there with the cap off of the milk jug.  Put the cap back on, you doofus!!!  This brings me to another beef I have with breakfast commercials.  Am I the only person who pours milk or juice for myself then puts the container back in the refrigerator?  Does the rest of civilization really sit for the entire meal with the jug/carton/pitcher on the table?  I guess I can understand the juice a little bit, if you're a big juice drinker and can't find glasses large enough to hold the required amount.  What's the deal with the milk in the cereal commercials, though?  Are there frequent milk reapplication emergencies where it's just going to take too long to open the refrigerator?
Puppydogpants View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Puppydogpants Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2013 at 10:02pm

WTF is it with the food companies putting Greek in everything? This must stop NOW!

I too do not understand the recent Greek yogurt craze. I guess because it has more protein than regular yogurt? I don't know. In any event, I have never been a huge fan of yogurt. Greek or otherwise. 

On a side note, I am getting tired of the new "Gluten Free" thing. Can someone explain this one to me? If this was such a huge issue, than wouldn't we have heard of this years and years ago?
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2013 at 10:12pm
In response to hzrdous^ I put the milk away as soon as I'm done using it. I don't know about those dumb-as-dirt nut heads who leave the milk opened and out on the table through the whole meal. That's how milk spoils!
hzrdous View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hzrdous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2013 at 10:21pm
Quote On a side note, I am getting tired of the new "Gluten Free" thing. Can someone explain this one to me? If this was such a huge issue, than wouldn't we have heard of this years and years ago?

Ugh, don't get me started.  There are some people who truly cannot handle gluten, but there are so many people now who think that gluten free stuff is always going to be better for them (which is not true).  What really kills me about this are the products that have now put "gluten free" on their labels when it's pretty obvious.  I recently bought some generic Nyquil that proudly displayed on the label that it was gluten free.  No sh**?  "I feel healthy!"
Darthhillbilly View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darthhillbilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2013 at 10:26pm
@hzrdous: You obviously haven't tried the cereal. The dried yogurt clusters are like those toy expanding sponges and just keep soaking up the milk in the bowl, so yes, you have to keep adding more. On the up side, you get REALLY full from just one bowl.
"It's never too late to choose life...instead of the internet. Just drop the mouse." - Darwin Watterson
Snesgamer View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snesgamer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2013 at 10:34pm
Grains and breads have been staples of mankind ever since we developed agriculture. It seems like this whole damned anti-grain/gluten crusade started no longer than 15-20 years ago at most, while people have been eating grains for THOUSANDS of years prior with no problems.
Ad Exec
Ad Exec
Formerly Codtaro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Papa Lazarou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2013 at 10:40pm
My mum and grandmother would often talk and find it interesting that a LOT of these food-related issues that they'd never seen before seemed to crop up at the same time as use of chemical pesticides and "casual" pharmaceuticals.

Either way, Celiacs is a genuine inability to properly digest gluten. There are also allergies to it. Aside from these, there's no benefit to eating gluten free, and any normal person who does so for "health" reasons should be shot in their foot.
Banana!
BANANA!!
BANANA!!!
BANANA!!
Banana!
hzrdous View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hzrdous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2013 at 10:45pm
Originally posted by Snesgamer Snesgamer wrote:

Grains and breads have been staples of mankind ever since we developed agriculture. It seems like this whole damned anti-grain/gluten crusade started no longer than 15-20 years ago at most, while people have been eating grains for THOUSANDS of years prior with no problems.
Exactly.  Wheat has always been "the staff of life".  I think more likely this is all tied to the dramatic upshot in genetically engineered foods that started in the 90's, along with a million other freaky things going on with people's systems due to "modern" advances.  I've had some bread recently that kept for months until it finally just dried up so much it was too hard to eat.  Creepy.
Ad Exec
Ad Exec
Formerly Codtaro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Papa Lazarou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2013 at 10:55pm
^I pretty much wait until the Farmer's Market to buy bread. We get about five+ loves each day, and freeze them. In the refrigerator they'll last maybe a week or two (Providing we don't eat the whole thing by then).

Mind you, that's mainly because our grocery store only sells breads that are 70% chemical.
Banana!
BANANA!!
BANANA!!!
BANANA!!
Banana!
Whitedog127 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whitedog127 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2013 at 1:29am

It's funny...I only get the urge to eat these 'Greek' products when I'm near a back door....
Braaaandy Aaaaalexaaaaaander!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic