Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Flex Seal Again

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Flex Seal Again
    Posted: 15 May 2013 at 10:50pm

The pickup truck "test" is proof enough for me...Ermm
Sponsored Links

Darthhillbilly View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darthhillbilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2013 at 10:59pm
I wonder how many cans you'd have to spray on an S10 to turn it into one of those little super boats.
"It's never too late to choose life...instead of the internet. Just drop the mouse." - Darwin Watterson
mrjim View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mrjim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2013 at 12:47am
This is really misleading about the price.  In the ad they say "it's 19.99 with one can free.  Just pay for separate processing."  Well, here's the catch: You $19.99 for one can and $10.00 for handling plus another $10.00 for shipping for the second can.  It all adds up to $40.00.  Meanwhile you can get 1 can of this stuff for $12.99 at Walmart.

I hate this stupid get one free when you pay for processing.  It's just a rouse to get you to overpay for two cans of that crap.
Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2013 at 10:17pm
That truck was obviously modified, unless they found a truck with a motorboat motor coincidentally put on it.

Plus the phrase "It's like a Hoover Dam in a can." is the cheesiest I've ever heard!
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
maskddingo View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maskddingo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2013 at 10:27pm
The truck is clearly driving in shallow water. No water-tight seal nessesary.
insanity213 View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote insanity213 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2013 at 10:30pm
^^ Exactly.  The wheels are rolling, and even if they try to say the movement in the water would cause them to rotate, sorry but the truck would be bobbing slightly from the rippling water if it were really floating.
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2013 at 10:31pm
There is NO WAY spraying this bat crap on the truck is going to make it float!!!!!! PERIOD!!!! SCAM
Tiz View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2013 at 10:56pm
Originally posted by maskddingo maskddingo wrote:

The truck is clearly driving in shallow water. No water-tight seal nessesary.
Bingo.
The water doesn't even cover the wheels(that are turning), much less the doors which were Flex Sealed "water tight".LOL
Dark tinted window glass so the driver can't be seen.

Flex Seal had a better gimmick with their "water tight" row boat.
fishingmachine View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fishingmachine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2013 at 4:49pm
every time i see these commercials all i can think is, "youre not billy mays"
dreamboat View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dreamboat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2013 at 6:48pm
I wonder if this stuff is left over from that Ronco spray on hair product they used to sell.  
Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2013 at 6:54pm
Originally posted by dreamboat dreamboat wrote:

I wonder if this stuff is left over from that Ronco spray on hair product they used to sell.  

LOL I never really thought of that! They do look similar, except for the can design.
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
Snesgamer View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snesgamer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2013 at 7:09pm
I wish someone would use Flex Seal to seal his mouth shut.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic