Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Chillow pillow - Fat sweaty guy

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Puppydogpants Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Chillow pillow - Fat sweaty guy
    Posted: 13 May 2013 at 10:41am
This commercial seriously grosses me out. Just because of the fat guy covered in sweat with the pit stains, and when he says "I used to wake up every night in a puddle of sweat." TMI there dude.

Sponsored Links

Papa Lazarou View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec
Formerly Codtaro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Papa Lazarou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2013 at 11:04am
That's what he gets for doing those 6-minute abs tapes before bed...
Banana!
BANANA!!
BANANA!!!
BANANA!!
Banana!
jhiller21 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jhiller21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2013 at 7:30pm
Who gets that hot when you're asleep? I guess fat people... I've never woken up "in a puddle of sweat".

Stop eating before bed fatso.
ChrisInMI View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChrisInMI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2013 at 8:03pm
I'm rather big myself (probably as big as this guy) and have never woken up at night "in a puddle of sweat." If it's too warm, I simply take the comforter off my bed and point my table fan straight at my head.  Works like a charm.

That said, my mom bought a Chillow several years ago to help with her night sweats and hot flashes, on the basis of an article in Reader's Digest (NOT an ad).  It does work.  But in an amusing twist, my friend's dog likes to lie down upon the Chillow as well.
insanity213 View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote insanity213 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2013 at 8:15pm
^^ Exactly .. ceiling fans and removed layers of sheets will work wonders if you're warm during the night. 
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2013 at 8:31pm

I'd like to have one of these pillows.  I don't really sweat at night, but I've always loved a cold pillow.  In fact, when I've set my bedrooms up over the years, I always made sure the head of my bed was against an outer wall because those walls are cooler, and therefore, so are the pillows.  That way, I can exchange pillows as needed.

hzrdous View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hzrdous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2013 at 11:31am
Where has this forum been all my life?  Most of my TV watching time is late at night, so I get to see some crappy commercials.  I'm practically giddy to be here!

That guy annoys me too, but for a different reason.  It's that stupid expression on his face!  He does almost a tiny "o" with his lips as he snuggles in.  Drives me up the freakin' wall!  
dizrythmia View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dizrythmia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2013 at 5:06am
yikes. i lived in a house for two years with no air conditioning (mild climate), it wasn't really an issue except for the summer of course. one of the summers though there was a heat wave and i was miserable. i'm the type who's always hot anyway. the reason i bring this up is because even then, sleeping in a bed with no air conditioning during a summer heat wave, i still didn't wake up covered in sweat with pit stains. i would sweat, yes, but either this commercial is exaggerating the amount of sweat, or this guy has a problem with excessive sweating to the point where he needs to see a doctor.

this is why in warmer months my comforter is actually just a blanket. it's too hot for them, so i just don't keep one on my bed. if only there were something you could use when you're awake (other than a noisy fan). the building where all my classes are supposedly has air conditioning, but the thermostat must be set to 85 or something. i've never felt it turn on. Thumbs Down
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic