Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Lifestyle Lift with Debby Boone

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote paradisecircus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Lifestyle Lift with Debby Boone
    Posted: 02 May 2013 at 9:24pm
I joined this site purely so I could rant about how much I can't fracking stand that damn lifestyle lift commercial. Cosmetic procedure commercials and especially before and after photos are annoying as it is. The last thing they need is to add an annoying song from the 70s that despite the Grammy it earned Debby Boone, is a sh*tty song. I want to put my foot through my TV the instant I hear the first notes and the initial "...cause yoooooouuuuu..." AAAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!!!
Sponsored Links

70s80s View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 70s80s Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2013 at 9:54pm
Welcome to here!  
"Cottage cheese is not a 'feminine product'!"
bwestfall View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bwestfall Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2013 at 9:59pm
I've ranted on this one before; Debby Boone always insisted that "You Light Up My Life" was about her relationship with God.  Well, I guess the allure of making money after your singing career is gone means you sell God out to hawk Lifestyle Lift.
A new study finds that people who are chipper & happy live longer. Which is surprising because people who aren't chipper & happy want to kill people who are always chipper & happy. David Letterman
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2013 at 10:06pm
Hate it Hate it Hate it.  There was an old thread on this one.
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2013 at 2:27am

Even taking the lighting and makeup into consideration, those women do look pretty damned good.  My neighbress got one a few years ago.  She was about 60 at the time.  Made her look quite a bit younger.

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2013 at 2:38am
Big smile...well, well, what do ya know!
About once a year, we get on the 'Debbie' kick and it only remains as funny.

Every time I see this commercial, I still think of the movie 'Brazil' and Jonathan Pryce's mother's face wrapped in saran wrap, in public, as she lectures him at lunch.
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
paradisecircus View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote paradisecircus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2013 at 3:18am
Hahahaha!! Well glad to be here and glad to see I'm not the first to be driven crazy by this darn commercial. I do think the women look great. I just can't stand that stupid song and I'm so not a Debby Boone fan obviously. Hmm this is fun. What other commercials do I detest...
ADamant View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ADamant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2013 at 3:36am
Originally posted by paradisecircus paradisecircus wrote:

Hmm this is fun. What other commercials do I detest...

Ok, I'll go for it: practically all of 'em? ClapClapClap
commercialhaterman View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote commercialhaterman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2013 at 4:32am
Paradisecircus,

I joined this site several months ago because of this same commercial.   I HATE it.
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2013 at 5:01am
Confused...I had to look up the 'Lifestyle Lift' scene I was thinking of...it wasn't at lunch, I was mistaken.
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
CaptainErnie View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CaptainErnie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2013 at 3:10pm
Has anyone else noticed the audio in this one? It sounds overly compressed or something. Extremely annoying!!
Big Momma View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
I donated.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Big Momma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2013 at 3:53am
Howdy, you picked a real stinker with that one! Can she possibly know the level of douchiness that ad has?
sharonite View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sharonite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2013 at 4:01am
She's less of an asshole than her old man, Pat.  So there's that at least.

But yeah, I still wish she'd go away and quit shilling a totally-unnecessary product.  It really is okay to age.
De0004 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote De0004 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2013 at 5:20am

UggggggggghDead!! That commercial has got on my last nerveAngry and I wish they would stop showing it!! I'm so sick and tiredSleepy of hearing that "Cause youuuuuuuuu, yoooowoooo and she looks like she's constipated making that ugly face which is also annoying. I feel like throwing a brick at my TV even though I'd break the screen but that Debby Boone commercial is very sickening and it's a shame that people can't even watch TV in peace these days without having to watch stupid, nerve racking commercials like this one for example.

Geezer View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Geezer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2013 at 5:06pm
I'm pretty sure she ISN'T singing "You Light Up my Life", but obviously she's trying to sound close to it. It is very possible that Debbie Boone doesn't own or control the rights to that song! So she can't sing that song on a commercial because who ever owns it doesn't want the song "cheapened" LOL by being used in a commercial. 

I hear this ALL THE TIME in commercials, they use music that is often very similar to, a well-known pop song, but changed enough to (hopefully) steer clear of the copyright police. It doesn't always work. 
Rice is good if you're hungry and feel like eating 2,000 of something. - Mitch Hedberg
clamshell View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote clamshell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2013 at 1:20pm
I hear yoouuuuleeeee yoouuuuleeeee in the music
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic