Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Repeat Offenders
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

"S.C. Johnson: A Family Company"

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote LittleO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: "S.C. Johnson: A Family Company"
    Posted: 17 Apr 2013 at 9:01pm

I'm referring to the lady's voice in the last few seconds, not just in this commercial, but anything with S.C. Johnson products. I really hate her voice and the way she says the line. She has a slight lisp or something, and the way she says "family" is just too much.

It's also a stupid line. I don't care that it's a "family company."  They probably employ people who aren't their family, right? So don't brag. But mostly it's just the dumb voice. 

Earlier commercials had a woman with a lower, less-sibilant voice, who didn't seem to be fake-smiling while she spoke. That was more tolerable. This new chick is really annoying.
Sponsored Links

FaithSF View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FaithSF Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2013 at 4:48am
Originally posted by LittleO LittleO wrote:

I'm referring to the lady's voice in the last few seconds, not just in this commercial, but anything with S.C. Johnson products. I really hate her voice and the way she says the line. She has a slight lisp or something, and the way she says "family" is just too much.

It's also a stupid line. I don't care that it's a "family company."  They probably employ people who aren't their family, right? So don't brag. But mostly it's just the dumb voice. 

Earlier commercials had a woman with a lower, less-sibilant voice, who didn't seem to be fake-smiling while she spoke. That was more tolerable. This new chick is really annoying.

Oh, I'm so glad to know I'm not the only one! Yes, it does sound like she's got a slight lisp. Whether or not she does, just the fact that she sounds that way is irritating.
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2013 at 7:36pm
S C JOHNSON- A FAMILY COMPANY
CEO- Rich Johnson
COO- Lazy Johnson
HR- Huge Johnson
Tech- Nerdy Johnson
Acct- Miss  ing Johnson
R&D- Erect Johnson
Shipping- Duely Johnson
Complaints- Peggy Johnson
Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2013 at 8:18pm
Originally posted by lkl005 lkl005 wrote:

S C JOHNSON- A FAMILY COMPANY
CEO- Rich Johnson
COO- Lazy Johnson
HR- Huge Johnson
Tech- Nerdy Johnson
Acct- Miss  ing Johnson
R&D- Erect Johnson
Shipping- Duely Johnson
Complaints- Peggy Johnson

ROFL can't do better than that!
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
bwestfall View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bwestfall Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2013 at 6:26am
I love the way SC Johnson vigorously promotes how much they do to help save wildlife, especially with their Dawn dishing liquid, and yet they still test their products ingredients on animals. You may say that is good but it is still pretty ironic and hypocritical to save one animal by torturing or killing another animal. Just saying.
A new study finds that people who are chipper & happy live longer. Which is surprising because people who aren't chipper & happy want to kill people who are always chipper & happy. David Letterman
Papa Lazarou View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec
Formerly Codtaro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Papa Lazarou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2013 at 7:49am
Yeah, but the save cute animals, and they probably only test on ugly animals like mice, and Star-nosed moles and Hari Krishnas.
Banana!
BANANA!!
BANANA!!!
BANANA!!
Banana!
sgtrock21 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sgtrock21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2013 at 3:21pm
Originally posted by Codtaro Codtaro wrote:

Yeah, but the save cute animals, and they probably only test on ugly animals like mice, and Star-nosed moles and Hari Krishnas.

Hari Krishnas
EEEEts All so REEEdEEEculous
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2013 at 10:45pm
Originally posted by sgtrock21 sgtrock21 wrote:

Hari Krishnas

'Cuse me, can tell me what a Hari Krishna is?

Never mind I looked it up.

Ad Exec
Ad Exec
Formerly Codtaro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Papa Lazarou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2013 at 10:46pm
Hari, Hare, either way they're just hairy.
Banana!
BANANA!!
BANANA!!!
BANANA!!
Banana!
FaithSF View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote FaithSF Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2013 at 2:47am
Originally posted by bwestfall bwestfall wrote:

I love the way SC Johnson vigorously promotes how much they do to help save wildlife, especially with their Dawn dishing liquid, and yet they still test their products ingredients on animals. You may say that is good but it is still pretty ironic and hypocritical to save one animal by torturing or killing another animal. Just saying.

Well, first of all, Dawn isn't made by S.C. Johson; it's made by Procter & Gamble. I found this article (from 2009), in which a P&G spokesperson states that although Dawn in the past tested on animals, it doesn't anymore.

The article also states that the only dishwashing liquids that don't test on animals are Method and Seventh Generation.

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/09/25/business/media/25adco.html?_r=0

I've used Dawn since it came out. Nothing else cuts grease the way it does. And that's precisely why it's so successful in degreasing the birds.
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2013 at 3:21am
Originally posted by FaithSF FaithSF wrote:

Originally posted by bwestfall bwestfall wrote:

Well, first of all, Dawn isn't made by S.C. Johson; it's made by Procter & Gamble I found this article (from 2009), in which a P&G spokesperson states that although Dawn in the past tested on animals, it doesn't anymore.

The article also states that the only dishwashing liquids that don't test on animals are Method and Seventh Generation.

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/09/25/business/media/25adco.html?_r=0

I've used Dawn since it came out. Nothing else cuts grease the way it does. And that's precisely why it's so successful in degreasing the birds.

Doh!
bwestfall View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bwestfall Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2013 at 3:33am
I will give you that P&G makes Dawn, I read so much of this stuff that I can't keep them straight, except that just about every large, mainstream company in the US does still test on animals. There are a few exceptions. You must do what you feel is right, just as everyone else needs to do for them. I couldn't find anything saying that P&G doesn't test animals for Dawn, however, they do still test on most of their home cleaning and personal products, and sometimes they have a moratorium on testing for certain products but then when they add new ingredients the often have to start testing the new ingredients.

I have got it lucky where I live because Food Lion grocery stores were bought out by a Belgian company about 10 years ago and they do not test on any of food lion brand products. I get most stuff there though I like Method products and will pick them up when they are on sale or I have a good coupon. Europe is so far ahead of us on animal welfare it's sad. This year cosmetic testing on animals was completely banned for all EU countries. They do so much more, except France, Quelle Horreur!

Some of the articles I found that still say P&G came from palces like the New York Times so unless something has changed since sometime in 2011, they still do.

I don't know if you have heard of it, but my favorite place for products that are cruelty free is NAVS, I like their booklet that tells who doesn't test and who does, and their website is updated constantly. Don't Be Cruel is also a good one. I am just happy that people are at least trying to help where they can, but I still think P&G is using the "fuzzy" ducks to sell products and since the company still tests on animals, they are big hypocrites. Sorry.

A new study finds that people who are chipper & happy live longer. Which is surprising because people who aren't chipper & happy want to kill people who are always chipper & happy. David Letterman
Ad Exec
Ad Exec
Formerly Codtaro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Papa Lazarou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2013 at 5:24am
The French have earned the right to treat animals however they want.

It's bad enough some whiny sh*ts had to go and make it illegal to enjoy Ortolan....

Y'ain't taken mah Foie Gras away, I kin tell you dat right now.
Banana!
BANANA!!
BANANA!!!
BANANA!!
Banana!
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2013 at 5:47am

The French have earned the right to treat animals however they want.

How so?

BadAd View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BadAd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2014 at 4:04am
I always heard that any detergent will clean oily birds, but it was Dawn that first contributed their product to the cleanup effort and capitalized on the product placement in the news photos. Kind of smarmy, if you ask me. The whole "nothing cuts grease like Dawn" doesn't impress me. It might be true, but I've never noticed it's better than any other decent liquid detergent.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic