Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

State Farm 'Talking Mime' (screenshots)

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: State Farm 'Talking Mime' (screenshots)
    Posted: 16 Apr 2013 at 6:22am
This may be one of the most bizarre, scrapped-together pieces of crap to come along in quite a while.
We have a mime who comes up to a young family and just cannot keep his mouth shut about State Farm insurance.
We have a baby with a 'tude and an accent, who whines about how strange it is to have a talking mime in a commercial and complains about other crap.
I think 'Mom & Dad' might have had a line or two.
This wasn't only not funny, it was downright annoying and lil'Spot just LOOKS weird.
State Farm TV Spot, Talking Mime - Screenshot 4 
 State Farm TV Spot, Talking Mime - Screenshot 7

ConfusedNo spewtube video available yet
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Sponsored Links

verminstew View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote verminstew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2013 at 5:01pm
Ughhh!!!  This commercial is constant on food network this morning.  Babies talking like adults and especially with a 'tude are not cute people!!!Angry
EMCEE View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EMCEE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2013 at 12:17am

Could they have given that baby a more annoying voice? 
Reader, suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress. But I repeat myself.

- Mark Twain

insanity213 View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote insanity213 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2013 at 4:07pm
I saw this over the weekend, and didn't think it was that bad ... until that ****ing talking baby. Angry

EMCEE View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EMCEE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2013 at 6:30pm
Originally posted by insanity213 insanity213 wrote:

I saw this over the weekend, and didn't think it was that bad ... until that ****ing talking baby. Angry

Exactly.  Absolutely terrible.  The talking mime I can deal with, then they went WAY too far with the stupid talking baby.
Reader, suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress. But I repeat myself.

- Mark Twain

AlexanderCS View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AlexanderCS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2013 at 8:31pm
I'm not a fan at all of babies that talk, animals that talk, etc.  This was probably discussed a long time ago (I just got here a few days ago) but speaking of babies, that baby on the E*Trade commercials they HAD to use, because if they showed the real 26 year old prickbag who voices the baby, a lot of people would probably want to punch his face off.
Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2013 at 12:07am
OMG that...................was......................dreadful!

I was hoping the baby's voice would sound like Barry White, no such luck there.
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
Synesthesia View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Synesthesia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2013 at 3:34am
Talking babies are SCARY!
Is this love big enough to watch over me?
Big enough to let go of me
Without hurting me,
Like the day I learned to swim?-Kate Bush The Fog
dallas75216 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dallas75216 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2013 at 8:22pm
The white dude trying to imitate a black baby voice  is embarassing > wish they would list actors so I would know who to flame.
They should edit it out
Darthhillbilly View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darthhillbilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2013 at 12:54am
Originally posted by Ad nauseous Ad nauseous wrote:

OMG that...................was......................dreadful!

I was hoping the baby's voice would sound like Barry White, no such luck there.

Barry White's plate was too full.... of Chef Boyardee.

Chef don't judge.

Baby.
"It's never too late to choose life...instead of the internet. Just drop the mouse." - Darwin Watterson
BrianO View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Deleted Account

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrianO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2013 at 8:48pm
A message from Barry White:
'OOOO, BAAAAAA-BYYYY... It's so HARD for me to do a commercial...cuz I'm DEAD!'LOL
Angry McPisseron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
Formerly AngryMcPisseron

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Angry McPisseron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2013 at 4:48am
"Does it bother anyone that the mime is talking?"

No, but that blabbering baby just pisses me the phuck off!!! DeadAngryAngryDead

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2013 at 5:32am
Originally posted by dallas75216 dallas75216 wrote:

The white dude trying to imitate a black baby voice  is embarassing > wish they would list actors so I would know who to flame.
They should edit it out

ConfusedWHICH 'white dude' - is there one in there I forgot to notice, or are you thinking the mime is also a ventriloquist? A white-faced white mime ventriloquist working with a lil'black baby? That sounds almost improper, but only if he did it in 'blackface'. And that brings up another question - how come mimes are always 'whitefaced'? I want to see a 'blackfaced' mime. I want to see a black 'blackfaced' female ventriloquist mime speaking ghetto to a white daddy with a lil'white baby girl who has a southern drawl. 

Yea, that's the ticket! 

Leaves only one question: Will 'Daddy' buy the insurance, or will the mime do time at county, for propositioning him?

X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2013 at 4:57pm
Originally posted by Tampon Submarine Tampon Submarine wrote:

<font size="4" color="#ff0000">No, but that blabbering baby just pisses me the phuck off!!! DeadAngryAngryDead

Agreed, the talking baby shtick, must be eradicated
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
Jimmy View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimmy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2013 at 10:22pm
Is it acceptable to assume that a cute little baby like that would have a nasty, stereo typical negative attitude that was given? Not all black people sound like they're from the heart of the ghetto, so why must it be assumed as such?
This ad is racist and bigoted, and should be removed.
And the "talking baby" gimmick is long over!
One man gathers what another man spills
Snesgamer View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snesgamer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2013 at 2:27am
Maybe the mime talking isn't "freeekaay" (hate it when people raise their voice when they use that word) because they're actual humans with souls that just have a job where silence is a key aspect? You know, as compared to a talking baby which would totally not happen unless it were demon-possessed or something?

I hear ya, Jimmy. Media tends to use only 1 or 2 different set accents for black voiceovers, and anyone going into this ad knowing the baby was going to talk probably could've guessed what the baby would've sounded like with at least 90% accuracy.
Papa Lazarou View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec
Formerly Codtaro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Papa Lazarou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2013 at 2:33am
I'd be willing to believe babies don't have souls. I mean, it'd be weird if they did, only for the soul to vanish once puberty starts...
Banana!
BANANA!!
BANANA!!!
BANANA!!
Banana!
!Tommy View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote !Tommy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2013 at 5:26am
I wish this commercial would just go to hell and then burn in it!! The one part that really takes the cake is when that baby says "Freakyyyyy!!!" A talking mime is freaky? How about a smartass, arrogant, talking baby? FREAKYYYY!!!! D:< Sick

Originally posted by Tampon Submarine Tampon Submarine wrote:

No, but that blabbering baby just pisses me the phuck off!!! DeadAngryAngryDead

ClapLOLParty
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic