Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Repeat Offenders
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

"Brad" is now a chef for Applebee's... ???

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Triple J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: "Brad" is now a chef for Applebee's... ???
    Posted: 15 Mar 2013 at 1:21am
So... remember this clown? A guy named "Brad" who keeps referring to himself in the 3rd person from this timeless gem (not) from Progressive:

Well... he's now changed his name to "Alan" and moved to New Orleans, becoming a chef and pitching for Applebee's.  .... bwaaaa-haha. Confused

Ad execs really think we have short-term memories. Wink
Sponsored Links

Snesgamer View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snesgamer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2013 at 6:31am
Buy questionable weiners from Brad on the street corner.

Stop ****ing interrupting Brad when he fantasizes about breaking the 4th wall.
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2013 at 2:37pm

I know I've seen him in another commercial, too, but I can't find it at the moment.

By the way, his name's Scott Beehner, and he's been in a lot of stuff (including another thread here at CIH). 

insanity213 View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote insanity213 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2013 at 2:40pm
Originally posted by Triple J Triple J wrote:

So... remember this clown? A guy named "Brad" who keeps referring to himself in the 3rd person from this timeless gem (not) from Progressive:

Well... he's now changed his name to "Alan" and moved to New Orleans, becoming a chef and pitching for Applebee's.  .... bwaaaa-haha. Confused

Sounds like he went into witness protection after receiving numerous death threats in response to his unbridled douchebaggery in the Progressive commercial.

Triple J View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Triple J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2013 at 8:43pm
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

I know I've seen him in another commercial, too, but I can't find it at the moment.

By the way, his name's Scott Beehner...

I remember this AT&T one from last year... that redhead (brunette?) making retard faces always irks me. LOL

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2013 at 9:10pm

^  Yes!  That's the one.  All I remembered was that "Brad" was sitting at a table.  Didn't remember the product.

Theoted View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Theoted Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2013 at 10:55pm
Brad is a loser!
The past does not influence me; I influence the past!
Brad View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2013 at 9:55pm
Originally posted by Theoted Theoted wrote:

Brad is a loser!

Don't be hatin'.... LOL

But I have to wonder, other than me (of course) does the name Brad ever belong to someone cool?

....actually, after considering the name of this place, hatin' is OK.  Never mind!
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2013 at 2:28am
Originally posted by Brad Brad wrote:

But I have to wonder, other than me (of course) does the name Brad ever belong to someone cool?

Aren't Brads usually blonde-haired high school jocks who end up having their girlfriends taken away from them by nerds?  I'm thinkin' the prom king in the Audi commercial.

Theoted View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Theoted Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2013 at 5:05pm
The horror flick Night of the Creeps featured a Brad frat guy who was blonde, college blowhard -- hmmmm, fits your description to a T!
The past does not influence me; I influence the past!
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2013 at 8:40pm

Ha!  Yes, and this sort of character continues on well into adulthood.  You can see him in chick flicks as the wealthy hard-driving businessman/politician with the big house and Mercedes who the girlfriend eventually dumps for the poorer-but-more-soulful artist/writer/architect who, as poor as he's supposed to be, always seems to have some cool old car from the 60s, a small but cool old house by the ocean and lots of money-making potential.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic