Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Radio Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Progressive - Flo Sings!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Moochamoocha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Progressive - Flo Sings!
    Posted: 04 Mar 2013 at 7:05pm
Coming to a music store near you - Flo's Greatest Hits!

There are these new radio ads that have our resident insurance shiller "singing" songs about insurance. I can't stand these ads because the bitch can't sing! She sounds horrible and the lyrics are stupid but what else can you expect from Flo Ho?

Sponsored Links

AdAnalyzer View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AdAnalyzer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 2013 at 12:11am
Oh yes, she sounds horrible. Blech.
The Mad Gasser View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Mad Gasser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2013 at 7:54pm
If you listen to Live 365, you're bound to hear these commercials as well.
Wankel View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wankel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2013 at 1:17pm
I despise the bitch but at least we don't have to see her pasty white face and that lamprey-mouth of hers...
Big Momma View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
I donated.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Big Momma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2013 at 3:55am
Don't forget her big yellow horse teeth!
TurdFerguson View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TurdFerguson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2013 at 5:24am
Oooooh, those intentionally horrible songs.  I often listen to Cleveland Indians games on the old AM radio in the garage wile I'm tinkering with my arcade machines in the evenings, and since what used to be Jacob's Field is now Progressive Field, the ads are largely Progressive spots, and so they play these horrible "Singing Flo" ads every single break.  The two worst ones that stand out to me are the faux-folksy "Mayor of Savingsville" and the one about gaining more self-confidence by switching to Progressive and wearing corduroy pants.  Because when I think of confidence and corduroy, I think insurance.  DIE!  (Flo, not Stephanie Courtney.)

There's even (I think) a non-singing ad of hers where she says something like  "Don't change the channel... I'm on all of them."  So Progressive knows very well how much she grates on many peoples' nerves and they STILL subject everyone to her horrible "personality."  Ugh.  
--------------
It's funny 'cause it's bigger than a normal hat.
AdAnalyzer View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AdAnalyzer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2013 at 7:41pm
I just heard that self-confidence ad for the first time this morning and all I could think about was coming here to snark on it.

A bit OT, but still regarding Flo commercials, remember that series where it would show Flo doing really annoying things, and then the tagline went, "Having Progressive is like having Flo on the road with you? or something like that. I'd love to know what the person who came up with that concept was smoking. Uhm, newsflash guys, I don't think anyone wants to go on a road trip with Flo. She's generally thought of as one of the most annoying mascots in commercial land. Equating your service with having to take a long car trip with her will make most potential customers run for the hills.
Commercials are awesome, except the annoying ones.
TurdFerguson View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TurdFerguson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2013 at 5:13am
A bit OT, but still regarding Flo commercials, remember that series where it would show Flo doing really annoying things, and then the tagline went, "Having Progressive is like having Flo on the road with you? or something like that. I'd love to know what the person who came up with that concept was smoking.

Oh yes, almost forgot about those!  I think that was also around the time they introduced the Flo bobblehead (way to stay topical, Progressive!)  

Uhm, newsflash guys, I don't think anyone wants to go on a road trip with Flo. She's generally thought of as one of the most annoying mascots in commercial land. Equating your service with having to take a long car trip with her will make most potential customers run for the hills.

That's exactly what I was thinking when I caught those ads!
--------------
It's funny 'cause it's bigger than a normal hat.
MrCleveland View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrCleveland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2013 at 8:43pm
Originally posted by TurdFerguson TurdFerguson wrote:

Oooooh, those intentionally horrible songs.  I often listen to Cleveland Indians games on the old AM radio in the garage wile I'm tinkering with my arcade machines in the evenings, and since what used to be Jacob's Field is now Progressive Field, the ads are largely Progressive spots, and so they play these horrible "Singing Flo" ads every single break.  The two worst ones that stand out to me are the faux-folksy "Mayor of Savingsville" and the one about gaining more self-confidence by switching to Progressive and wearing corduroy pants.  Because when I think of confidence and corduroy, I think insurance.  DIE!  (Flo, not Stephanie Courtney.)

There's even (I think) a non-singing ad of hers where she says something like  "Don't change the channel... I'm on all of them."  So Progressive knows very well how much she grates on many peoples' nerves and they STILL subject everyone to her horrible "personality."  Ugh.  

My parents HATE those radio commercials! Since The Cleveland Indians were okay this year, my dad was hearing their games. But when these Progressive Commercials came on...he'd rather change the dial....

PS-I like the name and avatar...as well as the "Celebrity Jeopardy" sketches...mine is Sean Connery!
Thank God for kids who love Obscure Things.

Lee Hazelwood (1929-2007)
ColonelSteve View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ColonelSteve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2013 at 3:27am
I'LL STAND BY YOU...I'LL STAAAAAAAAAAAND BY YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU   YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHH

Excuse me, my ears are bleeding again just thinking about it  BRB
PrinceJ View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PrinceJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2013 at 10:31pm
Her agent must be amazing!
"Even an old fart was once a breath of fresh air"
crainbebo View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crainbebo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2013 at 6:01am
These ads air, it seems like, on EVERY webstream. Either it's the Corduroy Pants one, or the Name Your Price off-key one. Why don't they just leave it alone for a while!!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic