Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Luvs Breastfeeding in public commercial

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote clamshell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Luvs Breastfeeding in public commercial
    Posted: 02 Mar 2013 at 3:50am
This is really pathetic and appalling.

Censored  
Sponsored Links

PrincessMorbucks View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PrincessMorbucks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2013 at 3:58am
Very pathetic...Pinch
Hezadancer View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hezadancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2013 at 1:09am
It's ok, I'm in marketing!
onegroovydude View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote onegroovydude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2013 at 1:56am
America is so fukkin nosy now, that they literally need to be up in us with a speculum to show the world just how disgusting and tastless we are. Do they think we're so dumb that we can't understand what their selling without the intense graphic visual aid? Very pathetic, and gutterminded. That's Corperate America.    
They're taking our nags Ace. Ya. And making damm good targets of themselves. Let em have it.

Everybody loves you when you hate what they hate, but nobody loves you when you hate what they love.
88scorpi0 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 88scorpi0 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2013 at 11:52pm
Hate this commercial
hump View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hump Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2013 at 12:02am
olive garden to too classy for that exhibitionist sh*t.
LittleO View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LittleO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2013 at 12:12am
There's a renewed obsession with breastfeeding lately. Some women get really scary about it and refuse to consider any other position. Too bad this company decided to step in it.
Synesthesia View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Synesthesia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2013 at 1:12am
I don't really think public breast feeding is that big a deal and I'd rather women whip it out than have to hear a crying baby. It's natural and normal.
Is this love big enough to watch over me?
Big enough to let go of me
Without hurting me,
Like the day I learned to swim?-Kate Bush The Fog
TheNilvarg View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheNilvarg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2013 at 1:02pm
People hate this commercial for the wrong reason. It deserves hate because it sickens me to see the stupidity of covering up something as natural and necessary as breastfeeding. I can't stand this new era where people are disgusted and offended by a mother feeding her child in the healthiest and most natural way possible.
LittleO View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LittleO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2013 at 4:11pm
^^^ Exactly what I was talking about.

Some people feel this way about it. Others prefer more modesty. Some use language like "healthiest and most natural" which can be really hurtful to women who want to BF but can't. I don't think either side is evil or inherently wrong, but I am sick to death of hearing the arguments. Both sides end up sounding crazy and mean.

LUVS stepped it, probably intentionally, by bringing this topic into their commercials. Their product is all about the other end of things. People need to buy it no matter what they're putting in the front end. They're just trying to cause trouble and it's obviously working.
jgood738 View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jgood738 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2013 at 4:43am
Originally posted by LittleO LittleO wrote:

Some use language like "healthiest and most natural" which can be really hurtful to women who want to BF but can't. I don't think either side is evil or inherently wrong, but I am sick to death of hearing the arguments.

Boom! Nicely put!
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2013 at 3:46pm
Originally posted by hump hump wrote:

olive garden to too classy for that exhibitionist sh*t.
LOL
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
EMCEE View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EMCEE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2013 at 5:34pm

God, this commercial p*sses me off.  This Borderline Personality Disordered b*tch needs to get off her damn high horse.  Your t*t is out in public, lady.  It's a fine thing that you are feeding your baby naturally.  That's great.  Be advised, however that if your breast is out in public, people (MEN AND WOMEN) will be naturally inclined to look at it, because it is not something often seen in our society.  This commercial makes it out to be an exhibitionist act.  Second child was two too many for this retarded, insipid c*nt. 

She reminds me of the undergrad years, where the young "women" would wear low-cut tops and douse their cleavage with glitter.  When guys would look, they'd freak out about it.  Uh, hey d*psh*ts, IT'S SPARKLY, AND YOU LIKE THE ATTENTION.  YOU CAN'T HAVE IT BOTH WAYS. 
Reader, suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress. But I repeat myself.

- Mark Twain

Tiz View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2013 at 10:52pm
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2013 at 10:56pm

^  You can just pull those things right out.  Just pretend you're about to sneeze and you need a handkerchief.  Hey, she wouldn't want you to sneeze all over her, would she?

a3b3i View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote a3b3i Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2013 at 3:27pm
It's one thing if a woman is in a public bathroom breastfeeding. It's another when she's DINING in a NICE RESTAURANT. Disgusting! There are people paying to eat! I understand that it's natural, but so is pooping! We don't POOP in public. Have some respect for the people around you. We don't want to have to witness your gross, veiny t*t popped out while we try to regain our appetite for the $18 pasta dish we just ordered.

Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Synesthesia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2013 at 5:10pm
Uh, pooping and feeding a baby isn't the same thing.
Without hurting me,
Hezadancer View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hezadancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2013 at 8:13pm
No, but I see what he was saying. We can't whine about one thing being natural (tit out breastfeeding) but then condemn another (pooping).
It's ok, I'm in marketing!
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Synesthesia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2013 at 8:17pm
One is feeding a baby, one is disposing of waste products. As long as people don't reverse those, there's a HUGE difference between feeding a baby and going to the bathroom.
Without hurting me,
themadride View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote themadride Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2013 at 3:21am
The reason I hate it is because she calls out the guy for looking down at her.

Come on.  You want to whip out your breast in public, fine whatever.  But excuse me and everyone else for being taken aback and taking a look.

No one is saying you can't do it.  Some are saying we don't appreciate it.

But for God's sake have some understanding if people around you don't 100% IGNORE what you are doing like it's not happening.

Or can I walk around with my junk stuffed out of my open fly and expect people to ignore it.  "Hey eyes up here".

It's funny, when my wife was pregnant somehow she never breastfed in public and my son also never went hungry.  Gee, I guess you can breastfeed before going to the restaurant or right after.  Who'da thunk it.
Banderboy View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Banderboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2013 at 4:29pm
If they ever make a live action Curious George movie, that waiter would be perfect for the lead.
Every day my mind grows keener- my good arm stronger--- my silly enemies more futile---
ALE515 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ALE515 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2013 at 4:44pm
Originally posted by EMCEE EMCEE wrote:

God, this commercial p*sses me off.  This Borderline Personality Disordered b*tch needs to get off her damn high horse.  Your t*t is out in public, lady.  It's a fine thing that you are feeding your baby naturally.  That's great.  Be advised, however that if your breast is out in public, people (MEN AND WOMEN) will be naturally inclined to look at it, because it is not something often seen in our society.  This commercial makes it out to be an exhibitionist act.  Second child was two too many for this retarded, insipid c*nt. 

She reminds me of the undergrad years, where the young "women" would wear low-cut tops and douse their cleavage with glitter.  When guys would look, they'd freak out about it.  Uh, hey d*psh*ts, IT'S SPARKLY, AND YOU LIKE THE ATTENTION.  YOU CAN'T HAVE IT BOTH WAYS. 

THIS! I'm a woman, and can't stand when they show so much cleavage but then get offended when people stare! I couldn't care less if you breast feed in public, but ya gotta understand somebody somewhere is going to look!
Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2013 at 6:40pm
Originally posted by Banderboy Banderboy wrote:

If they ever make a live action Curious George movie, that waiter would be perfect for the lead.

He actually looks like the part!
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2013 at 6:47pm
My Mom always told me that it isn't nice to feed in public unless one is willing to share...guess that girl should consider everyone else and get ready to feed them, too.
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
rubendodge View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rubendodge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2013 at 9:39pm
I honestly find this commercial rediculous for a multitude of reasons.
1) Theres been a growing trend for women to show off more and more of their bodies in commercials, women hate feeling like sexism is occuring and yet they go along with said social standard....
2) I disagree with men or women exposing themselves in public for any reason, my only exception is life and death such as a heart attack or a fatal wound needing pressure.
3). Women or men exposing themselves in dining situations honestly disgusts me, theres ways to cover up and they should be utilized. For a commercial to show a man being repremanded for noticing a woman is breast feeding in public, something that is very uncommon in the first place is honestly retarded. 
4) Men are trained from childhood on up to pay attention to womens tops or bottoms of their body, as such having one of those parts of the body exposed is something most men would atleast notice and glance at.
5) This commercial has NOTHING to do with diapers or Luvs products all it is a stunt to put their own beliefs out there in a way to make it look like an advertisment....
6) I disagree with ANY of the commercials such as the herbel essence commercials(with the woman moaning in the bathroom), the bra and Panty commercials, febreeze commercials(including the "And a man fresh out of the shower comment"), almost every calogne or perfume commercial, many of the "femine hygine" commercials, etc. The list goes on and on but my point is these commercials expose young children to things that they don't even know what they mean yet but when these kids hit 11-12 they start getting curious about those things they saw and wanting to experiement which leads to teenage pregencies etc. 
7) This commercial is offensive to me as I believe women AND men shouldn't reveal themselves publicly. For multiple reasons(the oversexualization in society encourages rape, sexism is a common feeling that women have when viewing said commercials, young girls try to follow the dress styles and ways they act with whats seen in commercials, shows, movies, music, and magazines.).
8) I am not against breast feeding, all I am saying is there is much more pubically descent and acceptable ways to do it. Theres things like breast feeding pumps, shirts and feeding bras, etc that all limit the actual public exposure of the mothers breast.

*Note* I find it utterly rediculous that both men and women have this "I dont care what other people think I will do what I want attitude". This happens both with public breastfeeding aswell as many other situations. As a example look at how upset people get over the preachers from churches like The Westborrow Baptist Church who come to funerals, college campuses, etc and say things like "The soldier deserved to die, their going to hell." or "If your a Jew, Gay, not a part of the Westborrow Chruch or pretty much anything else your going to hell, your a sinner and deserve to be punished". To me public breastfeeding(when your purposely not caring about exposing yourself) is comparable to cheating on your spouse/significant other or flashing people on purpose. Think about it you were clothes everyday to cover yourself up to be modest and to keep the intimate parts of your body hidden, yet its completely fine to some people to show those parts of your body off when you have ways to avoid it in the first place..... 

*PS* Just as proof of how stupid the commercials are these days and how they relate NOTHING to the products they are selling look at the sketchers commercial that just recently came out where its just a bunch of women running around stretching, dancing, etc in nothing but very low cut and tight workout tops and very short and tight shorts. With how tight the clothes are the women might aswell not be wearing anything. How does that have ANYTHING to do with the product their selling. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic