Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television Related Rants
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Interesting Article on Lousy Oscars Host!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2013 at 2:42pm
Originally posted by onegroovydude onegroovydude wrote:

Ho do you grow upon Steve Martin & Conan O'Brian at the same time? D'you have a time machine to jump parallels or something? That's like saying you grew up on Frankie Laine & Nelly. The funniest part is all their humor is basically the same. I watched almost all old Saturday Night Live's growing up. Every saturday..!! Then the apollo came on right afterwards, but I would switch over to The Three Stooges and watch them until I fell asleep. Are you going to say that they didn't rip on people in the same way (If so, you're completely talking out of your a$$)? Because Conan was a writer for Saturday Night Live. Family Guy has also been compared on many occasions to The Simpsons, and Conan was a writer for them as well. Seth was on Conan, and they were laughing their a$$es off at each other, and their humor was exactly the same. Saying that you don't like this guys shtick is saying that you don't like any of the other people mentioned in that same sentence. Unless that's what you're saying. If so, that's the only reason that line would make sense.

You need to learn how to not interpret everything you read so literally, onegoofydude. When I said "raised on", I was not necessarily referring to my childhood & teens alone. It was a figurative reference to the period of time between back then & the present.

I am well aware of Conan O'Brien's resume & which shows he wrote for & IDGAS because it has nothing to do with anything, nor does his yucking it up with SM on his show.

The kind of comedy C O'B did on his old "Late Night" show on NBC in the 90's after DL left was nothing like SM's stand up shtick or Family Guy.

Conan's old show (I don't know about his current one as I haven't seen it) was pure comedy genius. Possibly the funniest late night show in the history of television. Even while pushing the boundaries of good & bad taste, it still had a cerebral edge to it. SM's stuff (Family Guy etc.) is just made to appeal to teenagers & younger adults with the same simplistic, unrefined, juvenile sense of humor as them.

That is my (more educated & insightful than yours) opinion.

Disagree? Fine.

Don't like it? Tough sh*t.
...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
Sponsored Links

onegroovydude View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote onegroovydude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2013 at 2:54pm
It had a cerebral edge to it, because he was forced to have a cerebral edge to it. He was on live television trying to follow the footsteps of Johnny Carson. That's what late night live television viewers tuned into for 20 years before that. Did he have a cerebral edge as a writer for The Simpsons? No. Did he have a cerebral edge as writer for SNL? No. When princible Skinner told that squirrel to chew through his ball sack to free him from the kickball bag he was tied up in, where was the cerebral edge in that? Uh... Nowhere. That was before his show, so did you not like him then, but once his show started, but not now? 
They're taking our nags Ace. Ya. And making damm good targets of themselves. Let em have it.

Everybody loves you when you hate what they hate, but nobody loves you when you hate what they love.
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote onegroovydude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2013 at 3:05pm
When Homer mistook one of the Edgar Winter Group brothers for a zombie, and called him a chalk faced goon, then ran him over, was there a cerebral edge in that? No... When the lady showed up at their house and said:  "Your baby is dead...!" Homor screams "That's what you could hear if you don't buy our protection system". Was there a cerebral edge in that? No.... You obviously only hold about 20% of the knowledge you claim to have, which must be why you can't follow Family Guy. Next time try watching it at half the frame rate. I bet then you can follow it.  
They're taking our nags Ace. Ya. And making damm good targets of themselves. Let em have it.

Everybody loves you when you hate what they hate, but nobody loves you when you hate what they love.
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2013 at 3:13pm

It had a cerebral edge to it, because he was forced to have a cerebral edge to it. He was on live television trying to follow the footsteps of Johhny Carson. That's what late night live television viewers tuned into for 20 years before that. Did he have a cerebral edge as a writer for The Simpsons? No. Did he have a cerebral edge as writer for SNL? No. When princible Skinner told that squirrel to chew through his ball sack to free him from the kickball bag he was tied up in, where was the cerebral edge in that? Uh... Nowhere. That was before his show, so did you not like him then, but once his show started, but not now?       

Conan's NBC show was not live TV, genius. It was pre-taped at 5pm just like the rest of them, then broadcast at 12:30 am after JAY LENO.

And as for The Simpsons, at least in the earlier days, yes it did have a "cerebral edge" to it, though you probably never noticed it because you were stuck on the words "ball sack".

One of the biggest appeals of The Simpsons has (or had) always been the wickedly sharp, social satire aspect of the show.

I don't watch it anymore as it's gotten kind of wimpy, but it used to have the kind of underlying intellect that Conan's old show displayed beneath the crude exterior.

Of course, one needs to possess a bit of intellect to recognize subtle hints of it elsewhere, hence the root of our disagreement.

I am now over this topic.

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender

C'mon, man!
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote onegroovydude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2013 at 3:23pm
Originally posted by Jimbo Jimbo wrote:

It had a cerebral edge to it, because he was forced to have a cerebral edge to it. He was on live television trying to follow the footsteps of Johhny Carson. That's what late night live television viewers tuned into for 20 years before that. Did he have a cerebral edge as a writer for The Simpsons? No. Did he have a cerebral edge as writer for SNL? No. When princible Skinner told that squirrel to chew through his ball sack to free him from the kickball bag he was tied up in, where was the cerebral edge in that? Uh... Nowhere. That was before his show, so did you not like him then, but once his show started, but not now?       

Conan's NBC show was not live TV, genius. It was pre-taped at 5pm just like the rest of them, then broadcast at 12:30 am after JAY LENO.

** Uhh. It was meant to appear live Genius.**

And as for The Simpsons, at least in the earlier days, yes it did have a "cerebral edge" to it, though you probably never noticed it because you were stuck on the words "ball sack". 

**As were they.**

One of the biggest appeals of The Simpsons has (or had) always been the wickedly sharp, social satire aspect of the show.

***Hmm. Sounds like a show I've watched before. Could it be..... Family Guy?***

I don't watch it anymore as it's gotten kind of wimpy, but it used to have the kind of underlying intellect that Conan's old show displayed beneath the crude exterior.

*** Ya. No fun when they're not ripping on people, and have crude humor. But I thought you didn't like that?***

Of course, one needs to possess a bit of intellect to recognize subtle hints of it elsewhere, hence the root of our disagreement.

*** I'm sorry you don't have any.***

I am now over this topic.

***I'm now over you***
Oh yeah.. I just said all that.. Damn this boy's on fire..! Better watch out..!

Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote onegroovydude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2013 at 3:37pm

onegoofydude
I won't disagree there. I am pretty damm goofy .

Hootman View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hootman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2013 at 4:40pm
The "masterbating bear" was definitely cerebral.  LOL
Papa Lazarou View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec
Formerly Codtaro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Papa Lazarou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2013 at 5:06pm
Eh, I have always found and stood by the belief that Family Guy is an intelligent boundary-pushing show that coats itself in a layer of dumb sh*t. It can appeal to intellectual people and it can appeal to the dumb fratboy set.

Thing is, it's a scattered thing, so some episodes are more dumbcentric, while others can be more thought provoking.

But, I don't think I'd get into a several-page argument over why someone elses opinion of the show is wrong.
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2013 at 5:10pm
Originally posted by Hootman Hootman wrote:

In it's own way, yes it was!!!!

I personally liked "NASCAR drivin, shotgun totin' Jesus"

And the ghost of the 1930's radio crooner who sounded like Bing Crosby singing absurdly racist, sexist lyrics.

Funny stuff.

C'mon, man!
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2013 at 5:12pm
Originally posted by Codtaro Codtaro wrote:

Eh, I have always found and stood by the belief that Family Guy is an intelligent boundary-pushing show that coats itself in a layer of dumb sh*t. It can appeal to intellectual people and it can appeal to the dumb fratboy set.

Thing is, it's a scattered thing, so some episodes are more dumbcentric, while others can be more thought provoking.

But, I don't think I'd get into a several-page argument over why someone elses opinion of the show is wrong.

That's cool.

As long as you understand that my opinion on the subject is the only truly valid one.

C'mon, man!
Papa Lazarou View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec
Formerly Codtaro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Papa Lazarou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2013 at 5:14pm
Oh, I know Jimbo. You're stubborn as a.....as a....

Llama with a lower-back complaint.
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote onegroovydude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2013 at 5:15pm
Originally posted by Codtaro Codtaro wrote:

Eh, I have always found and stood by the belief that Family Guy is an intelligent boundary-pushing show that coats itself in a layer of dumb sh*t.

Ya. The layer of dumb sh!t is us. And it's making sure we know it.  

Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote onegroovydude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2013 at 5:18pm

As long as you understand that my opinion on the subject is the only truly valid one.

I know. No one else's on this website, or any other. Only yours. That's why you hosted the Oscars.

Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote onegroovydude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2013 at 5:27pm

Originally posted by Hootman Hootman wrote:

In it's own way, yes it was!!!!

I personally liked "NASCAR drivin, shotgun totin' Jesus"

And the ghost of the 1930's radio crooner who sounded like Bing Crosby singing absurdly racist, sexist lyrics.

Funny stuff.

See. It's all the saaame sh!t.  Just deliverd by different people.

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2013 at 5:37pm

I know. No one else's on this website, or any other. Only yours. That's why you hosted the Oscars.

Fill out this form & mail it to someone who cares.

C'mon, man!
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote onegroovydude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2013 at 6:21pm

Your butt hurts so much you keep a form around for it? I thought you were done commenting anyway, buttboy. 

PrincessMorbucks View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PrincessMorbucks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2013 at 6:29pm
"Is everyone done with their diaper-baby tantrums, now?"
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote onegroovydude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2013 at 7:13pm
Originally posted by PrincessMorbucks PrincessMorbucks wrote:

"Is everyone done with their diaper-baby tantrums, now?"
If not the verbal chastising will continue. 

Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PrincessMorbucks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2013 at 7:18pm
Yep. And I guess the best thing to do is just ignore it.
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote onegroovydude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2013 at 7:39pm

Yep. And I guess the best thing to do is just ignore it.
That's right. That's why I'm not gonna answer this post. Damm it, I just did. Oh well.... 

Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PrincessMorbucks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2013 at 7:50pm
I knew it. Tongue
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote onegroovydude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2013 at 8:03pm

I knew it. Tongue
Damm you Subaru...! Why wasn't I in you during this post. We would never have argued...

Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PrincessMorbucks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2013 at 8:07pm
Okay, enough of the Subaru jokes...you're turning into a Subaru zombie...LOL
Snesgamer View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snesgamer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2013 at 8:58pm
Want me to tell a Seth McFarlane joke?

*falls down*

Sssst Oww! Ssst Oww! Ssst Oww! Ssst Oww!Sssst Oww! Ssst Oww! Ssst Oww! Ssst Oww!Sssst Oww! Ssst Oww! Ssst Oww! Ssst Oww!Sssst Oww! Ssst Oww! Ssst Oww! Ssst Oww!Sssst Oww! Ssst Oww! Ssst Oww! Ssst Oww!Sssst Oww! Ssst Oww! Ssst Oww! Ssst Oww!Sssst Oww! Ssst Oww! Ssst Oww! Ssst Oww!Sssst Oww! Ssst Oww! Ssst Oww! Ssst Oww!Sssst Oww! Ssst Oww! Ssst Oww! Ssst Oww!Sssst Oww! Ssst Oww! Ssst Oww! Ssst Oww!Sssst Oww! Ssst Oww! Ssst Oww! Ssst Oww!Sssst Oww! Ssst Oww! Ssst Oww! Ssst Oww!Sssst Oww! Ssst Oww! Ssst Oww! Ssst Oww!Sssst Oww! Ssst Oww! Ssst Oww! Ssst Oww!Sssst Oww! Ssst Oww! Ssst Oww! Ssst Oww!Sssst Oww! Ssst Oww! Ssst Oww! Ssst Oww!Sssst Oww! Ssst Oww! Ssst Oww! Ssst Oww!Sssst Oww! Ssst Oww! Ssst Oww! Ssst Oww!Sssst Oww! Ssst Oww! Ssst Oww! Ssst Oww!Sssst Oww! Ssst Oww! Ssst Oww! Ssst Oww!Sssst Oww! Ssst Oww! Ssst Oww! Ssst Oww!Sssst Oww! Ssst Oww! Ssst Oww! Ssst Oww!Sssst Oww! Ssst Oww! Ssst Oww! Ssst Oww!Sssst Oww! Ssst Oww! Ssst Oww! Ssst Oww!Sssst Oww! Ssst Oww! Ssst Oww! Ssst Oww!Sssst Oww! Ssst Oww! Ssst Oww! Ssst Oww!Sssst Oww! Ssst Oww! Ssst Oww! Ssst Oww!Sssst Oww! Ssst Oww! Ssst Oww! Ssst Oww!Sssst Oww! Ssst Oww! Ssst Oww! Ssst Oww!Sssst Oww! Ssst Oww! Ssst Oww! Ssst Oww!Sssst Oww! Ssst Oww! Ssst Oww! Ssst Oww!Sssst Oww! Ssst Oww! Ssst Oww! Ssst Oww!Sssst Oww! Ssst Oww! Ssst Oww! Ssst Oww!Sssst Oww! Ssst Oww! Ssst Oww! Ssst Oww!

What's wrong? LAUGH AT ME PEOPLE! lol.
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote onegroovydude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2013 at 9:16pm
Originally posted by Snesgamer Snesgamer wrote:

Want me to tell a Seth McFarlane joke?

*falls down*

Sssst Oww! Ssst Oww! Ssst Oww! Ssst Oww!Sssst Oww! Ssst Oww! Ssst Oww! Ssst Oww!Sssst Oww! Ssst Oww! Ssst Oww! Ssst Oww!Sssst Oww! Ssst Oww! Ssst Oww! Ssst Oww!Sssst Oww! Ssst Oww! Ssst Oww! Ssst Oww!Sssst Oww! Ssst Oww! Ssst Oww! Ssst Oww!Sssst Oww! Ssst Oww! Ssst Oww! Ssst Oww!Sssst Oww! Ssst Oww! Ssst Oww! Ssst Oww!Sssst Oww! Ssst Oww! Ssst Oww! Ssst Oww!Sssst Oww! Ssst Oww! Ssst Oww! Ssst Oww!Sssst Oww! Ssst Oww! Ssst Oww! Ssst Oww!Sssst Oww! Ssst Oww! Ssst Oww! Ssst Oww!Sssst Oww! Ssst Oww! Ssst Oww! Ssst Oww!Sssst Oww! Ssst Oww! Ssst Oww! Ssst Oww!Sssst Oww! Ssst Oww! Ssst Oww! Ssst Oww!Sssst Oww! Ssst Oww! Ssst Oww! Ssst Oww!Sssst Oww! Ssst Oww! Ssst Oww! Ssst Oww!Sssst Oww! Ssst Oww! Ssst Oww! Ssst Oww!Sssst Oww! Ssst Oww! Ssst Oww! Ssst Oww!Sssst Oww! Ssst Oww! Ssst Oww! Ssst Oww!Sssst Oww! Ssst Oww! Ssst Oww! Ssst Oww!Sssst Oww! Ssst Oww! Ssst Oww! Ssst Oww!Sssst Oww! Ssst Oww! Ssst Oww! Ssst Oww!Sssst Oww! Ssst Oww! Ssst Oww! Ssst Oww!Sssst Oww! Ssst Oww! Ssst Oww! Ssst Oww!Sssst Oww! Ssst Oww! Ssst Oww! Ssst Oww!Sssst Oww! Ssst Oww! Ssst Oww! Ssst Oww!Sssst Oww! Ssst Oww! Ssst Oww! Ssst Oww!Sssst Oww! Ssst Oww! Ssst Oww! Ssst Oww!Sssst Oww! Ssst Oww! Ssst Oww! Ssst Oww!Sssst Oww! Ssst Oww! Ssst Oww! Ssst Oww!Sssst Oww! Ssst Oww! Ssst Oww! Ssst Oww!Sssst Oww! Ssst Oww! Ssst Oww! Ssst Oww!Sssst Oww! Ssst Oww! Ssst Oww! Ssst Oww!

What's wrong? LAUGH AT ME PEOPLE! lol.
OMG dude... That was freakin hilarious... That joke never get's old.... Whew... Good stuff man.... That was rich...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic