Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television Related Rants
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

FOX News

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 9>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
TheBoomMan View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheBoomMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: FOX News
    Posted: 18 Jul 2012 at 6:34am
Once Fox news even made a report about a gory video game online. It was called the torture game, they were also racist enough to say the game was made by a kid in Africa. The only reason why they were against the game is because it had blood, I seen games more gorier then this game. The only reason I watch Fox News is because I like laughing at their stupidity and propaganda. Fox is not news, its a joke. It should be called Mox News or Faux News.
I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work.
Sponsored Links

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2012 at 1:33am
Originally posted by sgtrock21 sgtrock21 wrote:

.....if the republicans somehow achieved world peace, an end to famine, and the cure for cancer they would still be f**king a**hole republicans! I tend to vote with my head, not my party and will not watch or listen to 100% biased s**t.

But of course the idea that the Republicans would ever be responsible for any of that stuff is so far beyond absurd it can't even be suggested with a straight face.

If it doesn't involve cutting taxes for rich people or some other way of putting money in their pockets, the Republicans would never have anything to do with it to begin with.

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
Theoted View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Theoted Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2012 at 12:59am
Fox News is why I encourage everyone to get a good education -- and develop a basic intellect that will enable you to tell the difference between typically bad television news and really badly biased television news. Fox News is below the bottom of the bucket.

sgtrock21 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sgtrock21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2012 at 2:32am
Now that we are on our third "idiot" President (talking about Hillory, not so much Bill). How do you think things are going? The "messiha" wants to sell us down the provibial river. I don't think I have ever watched FOX News. I was cured of totally biased opinions when a co-worker listened to Air America all day long. According to AA if the republicans somehow achieved world peace, an end to famine, and the cure for cancer they would still be f**king a**hole republicans! I tend to vote with my head, not my party and will not watch or listen to 100% biased s**t.
EEEEts All so REEEdEEEculous
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 2009 at 12:28am

I was *really* waiting for someone to catch...oh...say - this:

Is it more than the number of women attending college?
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 2009 at 12:00am
Yeah.  I think I'm going to go back and edit my reply down to size.  LOL

Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2009 at 11:55pm
oh let me try that...

quite annoying is it not?Ermm
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2009 at 11:39pm
Originally posted by N-Dizzle N-Dizzle wrote:

huh?

N-Dizzle View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote N-Dizzle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2009 at 11:36pm

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2009 at 10:23pm
I think they used silly comparisons in the headline there in order to put the number into perspective (I didn't even know Lost was still on), because further on into the article, they compared that number to the populations of several states.

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2009 at 8:52pm
(I fully understand this is in 'Television Related Rants')
I just didn't want to start another thread about FOX NEWS...but this is from their WEBSITE, moments ago...this is plain and straight STUPID.

12.5 million are unemployed in the U.S. — is that more than the number of people watching 'Lost' this season? Is it more than the number of women attending college?
Obama Vows to Break Cycle of Job Losses
Dow's Decline Fastest for New President in 90 Years
You Wanna See a Trillion Dollars? | YOU DECIDE
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2008 at 5:28pm
I like O'Reilly (except when he pushes his books too much).  I don't like Hannity at all.  Sometimes I'll watch Hannity and Colmes just for the guests.

But I agree that Hume and guests (especially Krauthamer) are very good.

ThreadKiller View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThreadKiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2008 at 4:54pm

Sorry, all, but I'm interrupting this thread to post about the topic. I will probably live up to my name.

I'm unabashedly conservative, but I don't drink the FNC kool-aid. Personally I find both Hannity and O'Reilly to be rude and boorish when "interviewing" anyone, but especially those they disagree with. I can't listen to either one of these fools for two minutes before I'm yelling "SHUT UP AND LET THEM ANSWER THE QUESTION!!!" at the TV screen.

I don't need Hannity or O'Reilly constantly interrupting an interviewee before they've gotten five words out of their mouth, telling me what's inconsistent, disingenuous, or just plain wrong with the answer. Newsflash, Sean and Bill: I'M SMART ENOUGH TO FIGURE THAT OUT MYSELF, THANK YOU!!!!" JUST SHUT UP!!!

I'm sorry for the caps, but that's how I feel when I watch these fools.

On the bright side, I don't think you can get much better and unbiased political talk than Brit Hume and his panel. I love Krauthammer. He points out the foolishness on both sides of aisle. I'm going to miss Hume when he retires.
Hundreds of threads killed.
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2008 at 4:52pm
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

Originally posted by Jimbo Jimbo wrote:

You'll never get rid of gangs until you get rid of human hostility, violent tendencies & the need to belong. And those characteristics have been around as long as humans have been around.

Maybe someday we will reach a point where there is very little poverty & lack of hope in  urban & suburban areas & the gang activity will at least drop significantly. But it's doubtful that it will ever end completely.   

I'd like to think that, but I've seen too many rappers and pro athletes---with plenty o' bucks, lots of hope, and every reason to abandon criminal behavior---continue on in a violent lifestyle.  Instead of a gang, they now have an entourage. 

I couldn't agree more with you both - and, personally, it rips my guts out every stinking time I get to meet another YOUNG child; one who has yet to even experience 'have versus have not' effect and start to wonder 'what if...?', 'why can't I...?' and 'how can I...?' - they are the innocents.
Hope for humanity's future starts there.
From our perspective, we both so love the smile, the lack of anything short of wonder the very young still have...whenever either of us get a chance to experience it, even if it the smile from a kid who just crapped his diaper,  we'll make EVERY attempt to make the experience around us one they want to repeat; one they might even wish to model.
Once in a blue moon, we get lucky...too often, we don't.
And for so many, things go downhill from there.
Unfortunately, that is OUR (as a civilaization) fault.
'Dream and Desire' is all good, but as long as kids still are challenged and not properly educated in 'Want versus Need' and 'Self versus Selfless', much less ingrained with a working set of morals, scruples, and values, we'll continue to live this ugly little 'Gangsta' (today's description) B.S.
Yes, it certainly has been with us, maybe in a different 'flavor', forever. 
And just because kids got older and more self-sufficient doesn't mean they ever got the 'real message'.  
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2008 at 3:46pm
Originally posted by Jimbo Jimbo wrote:

You'll never get rid of gangs until you get rid of human hostility, violent tendencies & the need to belong. And those characteristics have been around as long as humans have been around.

Maybe someday we will reach a point where there is very little poverty & lack of hope in  urban & suburban areas & the gang activity will at least drop significantly. But it's doubtful that it will ever end completely.   

I'd like to think that, but I've seen too many rappers and pro athletes---with plenty o' bucks, lots of hope, and every reason to abandon criminal behavior---continue on in a violent lifestyle.  Instead of a gang, they now have an entourage.

HollyRock View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Illustrious Video Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HollyRock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2008 at 2:42pm
OK now this is just silly.
Let's try not to be boring, mkay?
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2008 at 2:32am

But these guys who want to live the thug life know what they're getting into & if they want to go around murdering each other, why should law enforcement expend valuable resources trying to catch who did it while taking those resources away from bringing to justice the killers of law abiding citizens?

Solve the killings of decent people first, then if you have time work on finding out who killed some gangsta.

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender

C'mon, man!
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2008 at 2:11am
...and maybe direct efforts into getting rid of gangs in general.  While I'd like to think that eventually, all gangsters will kill each other off, it just doesn't work out that way.  Still, getting rid of gangs is probably a futile effort itself.

But, yeah...backburner investigations into gang-on-gang killings.  Those aren't terribly important.

And...more midnight basketball!  LOL

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2008 at 1:20am

And gang killings are nothing to smile about.

Well, OK.  They are.   

But only when it's each other.

Which is, fortunately what most of them seem to be.

If I were the head of a local law enforcement agency, everytime a known gangster got killed I would "back burner" any investigation into it as long as there were other open murder cases where non-known criminals were the victims.

C'mon, man!
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2008 at 12:45am
I don't know if your local FOX affiliate is anything like mine, but here, it's the go-to news show not so much for politics, but for the latest local crime and gang killings.  And gang killings are nothing to smile about.

Well, OK.  They are. 

gagejennifer View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gagejennifer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2008 at 4:35pm
One thing that I noticed, esp. when they are doing a political story on our local Fox affiliate here where I live, is this :

The reporter here on our local affiliate will do the story, and then they'll say something like "As Fox's reporter (insert name here) tells us........." etc. , and then as the Fox reporter is doing their story, they are NEVER smiling, they just sit there, stonefaced. What's up with that ?.
Wild Starchild View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wild Starchild Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2008 at 4:45am
Dude, don't mess with the oranges!! I'm a real sumbitch without my OJ!!!! LOL
AW DAMN!!!! Wild Shot the friggin TV again!!!
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2008 at 11:58pm
Well, now I'm starting to wonder.  I've been trying to move this thread over to our section for weeks now, but it's like pulling teeth.  Tom gets a pass on this.  But you??!!  I don't think so.  LOL

Anyway, I'm done being nice about it (see how well being nice works out?).  I've been the UN four times here, and now I'm going to say:

Move your goddamned post over to the FOX News thread in the Jungle/Hammer section or I'm going to have to bomb Baghdad!! 

Or Citrus County, Florida!!

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2008 at 11:33pm

Hey, TomAnderson!!

I'm in agreement with most of what you say (I don't think Jimbo's stupid). 

Well thank you. And I you neither.

Just wrong all the time. LOL

C'mon, man!
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2008 at 11:32pm
Originally posted by TomAnderson TomAnderson wrote:

Jimbo, geez Louise, do you have a freaking life man?  I haven't visited this thread in quite a while, and you are STILL foaming at the mouth about FOX and that the media is NOT biased?

Let's see, over just the past few weeks since I have been in this discussion--

The liberal media FAWNING over every move Obama makes.  Even when he goes to another country and bitches about all the mistakes the US has made and how  "imperfect" we are.  Yeah, that's presidential material alright.  Chris Mathews getting a boner over 0bamas speech.  Wall to wall Democratic convention coverage on all the alphabet networks, but for the Republican, 1/2 the coverage, easy.

Anchors falling all over themselves over every word of the Messiah.  Even when there is no content.  Following him around overseas and  sending the BIGGEST anchors they have to cover it.

No, nope, uh uh, no bias there.  No favoritism there. 

Shall I go on?  Here is Sarah Palin, a feminist's dream!  Whether you agree with her politically or not, she is exactly what feminists claim they are all about--a self made woman who worked her way up to a governor position, WITH a loving family.  Dismantled the good old boys club, even went after corrupt Republicans! She did it all.  What feminists have been squawking about for years.  But oh, wait a minute, she's not pro-abortion, so screw her.

What does the media have to say about her?  Oh, how can she govern with kids!  We don't like her hairstyle! Her husband had a DUI 22 years ago.  She has a special needs child, she should be at home!  All this from major media--not just blogs but anchors, major electronic and print media.  But, if she  was a democrat, she would surely get a pass on this.  Hell, Obama has terrorist friends and a Church that hates America, but you wouldn't know about that save for the evil Fox and-shudder-talk radio.

And all the BS of her lack of experience, when Obama has 0 experience besides being in the Senate, mostly absent while running for office.  But the glassy-eyed liberal media doesn't question that.  They will question how Alaska is "not that big", and diminish her experience.  But where there is REAL lack of experience in the Messiah, well, not a peep.

But no, no bias there.

Where is the liberal media in asking Obama how can he be a president with two little kids at home?  You didn't get the left talking about how good a mom Hillary might or might not be.

How much more do you want "Jimbo"?

I was thinking at the beginning that you weren't stupid, just ignorant.  Now I am questioning that assertion.

Reply deleted & moved to the Jungle Hammer.

C'mon, man!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 9>
  Share Topic