Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Luvs - First Kid vs Second Kid

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hezadancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Luvs - First Kid vs Second Kid
    Posted: 04 Feb 2013 at 12:50am
(Deleted)
It's ok, I'm in marketing!
Sponsored Links

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2013 at 1:35am

Here's the breastfeeding one.

Chet Desmond View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chet Desmond Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2013 at 5:02am
I had to laugh when I saw this commercial.  "Eye's up here?" - hey if you are out there in public.... sorry it's fair game.  No harm no foul. 
britastar View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote britastar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2013 at 5:15am
Same here...funny.
ilikestupidadssoshutup-MrsHill   

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2013 at 3:02pm
It's really hard to not look at a woman breastfeeding.  It's like trying to not look at a woman's cleavage. 

Come to think of it, it's pretty much the same thing---'cept more.

Hezadancer View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hezadancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2013 at 3:21pm
(Deleted)
insanity213 View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote insanity213 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2013 at 3:31pm
What a delusional bitch.  "Eyes up here!"   Sorry lady, but he's not trying to get a cheap thrill because your shirt is opened ... EVERYONE is gonna look down involuntarily when you have an infant attached to your bosom, just like everyone would look involuntarily if some guy's pants fell down and his fat hairy ass was exposed.
mst3k4evr View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mst3k4evr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2013 at 3:16am
Originally posted by Hezadancer Hezadancer wrote:

There are 2 ads in this series that I have seen. One involves a first time mom packing the kid up in a stroller grabbing anything and everything to take with them in a diaper bag all neat and tidy. Then we get a caption that says "second child" and we see her just walk past a bowl of something, looks like cereal, grab a handful and keep walking out the door.

There's also two more in this series:

Temperature: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D8wwfsCBZVg

And here's the one mentioned above:

MrTim View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrTim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2013 at 4:51am
Well, that's a relief! (ie Luv's breastfeeding, etc.)

For a moment there I thought Luv's had released Luv's Hand-Me-Down Diapers, "the diaper you can save and reuse for your next kid"....  LOL
sgtrock21 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sgtrock21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2013 at 12:19am
Originally posted by insanity213 insanity213 wrote:

What a delusional bitch.  "Eyes up here!"   Sorry lady, but he's not trying to get a cheap thrill because your shirt is opened ... EVERYONE is gonna look down involuntarily when you have an infant attached to your bosom, just like everyone would look involuntarily if some guy's pants fell down and his fat hairy ass was exposed.
Of course he is not oogling her (sp). He is just having a WTF moment. I would love to wipe that smirk off of her face with the back of a red hot shovel!
EEEEts All so REEEdEEEculous
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2013 at 12:33am
Originally posted by sgtrock21 sgtrock21 wrote:

Of course he is not oogling her (sp). He is just having a WTF moment. I would love to wipe that smirk off of her face with the back of a red hot shovel!

I think that when he noticed the baby, he should've said "Oh, what a cute little baby..." and started oohing and ahhing about what a great little baby he is, rub his head, ask what his name is, etc.  Mom wouldn't know what to do.  Hell, if public breastfeeding is supposed to go unnoticed, and the guy's simply admiring a cute baby, what can Mom say?

sgtrock21 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sgtrock21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2013 at 1:05am
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

Originally posted by sgtrock21 sgtrock21 wrote:

I think that when he noticed the baby, he should've said "Oh, what a cute little baby..." and started oohing and ahhing about what a great little baby he is, rub his head, ask what his name is, etc.  Mom wouldn't know what to do.  Hell, if public breastfeeding is supposed to go unnoticed, and the guy's simply admiring a cute baby, what can Mom say?

I don't think that was the reaction she was after. She was probably looking for a reason to get the innocent waiter fired to excert her control over others. Remember the smirk.
EEEEts All so REEEdEEEculous
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2013 at 2:27am

^  Exactly.  On the one hand, she doesn't want you to look.  But on the other hand, she demands you notice what she's doing.  So the waiter's damned if he does, damned if he doesn't.

MrTim View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrTim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2013 at 4:22am
And she'll most likely complain that whatever she ordered "tasted funny" after the waiter brought it to her....  LOL
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2013 at 5:57am
Originally posted by MrTim MrTim wrote:

And she'll most likely complain that whatever she ordered "tasted funny" after the waiter brought it to her....  LOL

I wonder if she ordered milk with her meal.

Naaah.  Probably just asked for an empty glass.  And then complained her milk was sour.

Autumn View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Autumn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2013 at 9:19pm
Oh how I hate this commercial. Her smug smile after her whole "Eyes up here" line, I really want to smack her. 
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2013 at 11:10pm
By the third child, she's using store-bought milk.  The fourth kid gets soda.

Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2013 at 11:19pm

By the third child, she's using store-bought milk.  The fourth kid gets soda.

LOL

One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
Matt View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Matt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2013 at 2:38am
Originally posted by mst3k4evr mst3k4evr wrote:

As an IT guy, this one is a special kind of bad.

Don't let your infant play with your cellphone.  Seriously.  Don't do it.
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2013 at 3:29am
*I* don't see all the hooplah over this commercial.
We've had *5* pups an'a 'gran'spit'; the whole concept of 'passing it on down' really applies, kiddos - there's a permanent 'bonding effect' that naturally occurs as you pass on down the belongings - clothes, toys, and whatnot. Suggest you skip the diapers, though (that's just 'baaaad bonding', doncha know! Kinda like 'cement bonding') - and, well, when it comes to 'breastfeeding', if DAD wants in, everyone else loses. Got it? Get it. 

X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
TeamEdward1976 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TeamEdward1976 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2013 at 4:38am

Here's the breastfeeding one.

I don't care for this one,either.
Julie
TheNilvarg View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheNilvarg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2013 at 1:09pm
People hate this commercial for the wrong reason. It deserves hate because it's sickening to see the stupidity of covering up something as natural and necessary as breastfeeding. I can't stand this new culture where people are disgusted and offended by a mother feeding her child in the healthiest and most natural way possible. All mothers did it publicly before this idiotic modern era; Nobody made a big deal about it until you modern pop-parenting nuts did.

I guess I should be happy that 'covering it up' was portrayed as something that'd be done by a stupid new mother, who probably read a dozen pop-parenting books telling her not to cut the cord until the kid is 18, and showed us that the behavior would stop with some real experience and education.
LittleO View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LittleO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2013 at 4:17pm
You're not going to win any converts by calling people who disagree with you idiotic and stupid, and implying that they're unnatural for disagreeing with you. This is a topic on which reasonable people can disagree. There are a range of viewpoints on the appropriateness of a woman baring her breasts in public, even if it's for the ever so noble and unimpeachable purpose of feeding a child. These debates are better hashed out in Mommeee Forums and Jezebel.com. As you hopefully noticed, people here had a number of issues with this ad, and the woman's smugness is #1.
Hezadancer View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hezadancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2013 at 5:59pm
(Deleted)
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2013 at 7:32pm
Originally posted by Hezadancer Hezadancer wrote:

I have no idea how they did it "back in the day"...
WinkWelllllll, let me tell you a little bit of this about that, HD.
Waaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyy back when MissyDWolf was 'feedin' da'younguns', she was coy and reserved about this activity. She'd excuse herself and the little blabbering bag o'flesh and feed it in a private setting.
I agree - no need to be all 'Mother Nature', in public - too many opportunities to either offend someone, maybe yourself, or bait an 'unsavory individual', as much as I hate to say it.
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic