Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Oscar Mayer Bacon 'It's Unanimous Food' (video)
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Oscar Mayer Bacon 'It's Unanimous Food' (video)

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Oscar Mayer Bacon 'It's Unanimous Food' (video)
    Posted: 02 Feb 2013 at 8:01pm
CryI dislike this commercial SO much it makes me cry (because it is impossible to mute fast enough).
~~~
This is NOT appropriate 'talk' for ANY human bean, I swear! Makes me want to have them 'put down' right away, for the sake of future generations.
People that 'talk' like that should not be allowed to live.
Having said that, I'll add our oldest son, the AfgyWolf, will start chatting like that when he visits and thinks we are being too boring, which immediately sends my blood pressure through the ceiling, which just makes him laugh and 'go for more'. Granted, we haven't seen him since a bit after XMAS, but he has started sending me TEXTS in 'ghettoeses', doncha know - JUST to make my blodd boil and brag to his siblings & Mother....
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Sponsored Links

JasperGretsch View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote JasperGretsch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2013 at 1:26am
If this idiot isn't in the repeat offenders forum, he should be. I'm seeing him everywhere now. 

On a side note, Oscar Mayer bacon sucks. Thin, low quality crap pumped full of nitrates. 
ChrisInMI View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChrisInMI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2013 at 4:02am
"Unanimous" food?  Not if you're a vegetarian.  (I'm not.)

By the way, I'd personally fry up some more bacon for this idiot dad if it would get him to shut up.
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2013 at 4:07am
I'm sick of this whole bacon craze that suddenly seems to have appeared out of nowhere.  But at least in this commercial, they're not putting it on ice cream, or using it as a swizzle stick in a drink.

sgtrock21 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sgtrock21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2013 at 6:58pm
That was really really bad.
EEEEts All so REEEdEEEculous
A.C. Sativa View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A.C. Sativa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2013 at 7:18am
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

I'm sick of this whole bacon craze that suddenly seems to have appeared out of nowhere.  But at least in this commercial, they're not putting it on ice cream, or using it as a swizzle stick in a drink.

Or using it as lube. Seriously, there's bacon flavored lube. Because God knows, last time my GF went down on me she said "You know what would make this even better? If your penis tasted like bacon!" Though that would certainly give new meaning to "I'm porking her!", and just for comedic purposes alone I'm glad bacon lube is actually a thing that exists.

In all seriousness though, this commercial is too stupid for words. C'mon now, it's BACON, it can sell itself fine on it's own with any gimmicks or ads that the ad agencies think are creative and funny but are as far from creative and funny as it gets. Want to know how I'd make a bacon ad? Show someone making a BLT, or eating a nice breakfast of bacon, eggs, and toast. It's BACON, for f**k's sake!
tvpirate05 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tvpirate05 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2013 at 3:47pm

I'm sick of this whole bacon craze that suddenly seems to have appeared out of nowhere.  
Same here, and I LOVE bacon. But yeah, I'd love to know where this trend of obsessing over bacon came from, as if it hasn't been around for centuries.
The poster formerly known as producer757
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2013 at 4:22pm
^  It seems to be everywhere.  I wonder if it's some sort of reaction to those government types who ban things like Big Gulps (NYC) and Happy Meals (SF).

EMCEE View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EMCEE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2013 at 4:36pm

I bet they are hyping it up because all meat, even bacon (especially bacon, I should say) is so g*ddamn expensive right now. 

"Unanimous food" is about the stupidest tagline ever.  What does that even mean?  Are they saying that their bacon is really sh*tty, but everyone is in agreement that it is still food?
Reader, suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress. But I repeat myself.

- Mark Twain

Hezadancer View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hezadancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2013 at 3:34pm
I'm tired of the bacon bandwagon too. I've never been a huge fan of bacon. I'll eat it if it's in a sandwich or crumbled on cheese fries or potato skins, but I never seek it out. Best thing with bacon I ever had was this grilled chicken avocado wrap with the best bacon I ever had. Bacon sundaes and bacon lube are retarded. Bacon Salt however, gets my approval.

That said, this ad was run of the mill stupid. Who the hell made the bacon in the first place? I assume dad because who the hell lets a kid cook bacon? I hope you like playing Russian roulette letting jr spatter grease everywhere. If the kids cooked it in the microwave that still begs the question, who lets their kids snack on bacon?!
It's ok, I'm in marketing!
Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2013 at 6:31pm
Talking like a street kid is moronic and should not be encouraged in public!Angry
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2013 at 6:48pm

One of my favorite pastimes is 'makin' bacon' with MissyDWolf, doncha know - but NOBODY can ask for *MY* bacon, NO! Especially if it will be 'my last piece'.

"Go - go - go get your OWN 'bacon' and quit that uncontrollable shakin'!"  
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
msmadz View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
8+ years on CIH

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote msmadz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2013 at 7:18pm
4 boys sitting on a sofa playing games would not leave 1 slice of bacon.

Hell, you'd be lucky they didn't lick the plate!

And why does the dad look like a slimmer Tom Hanks?
The artist formerly known as Madawee

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2013 at 8:32pm
If he gets gas from the bacon, he can jump into his Gas-X ("Your son Rip is on line toot") role.

insanity213 View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote insanity213 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2013 at 8:36pm

If he gets gas from the bacon, he can jump into his Gas-X ("Your son Rip is on line toot") role.

LOL

I'm so glad that commercial is long departed, though.  I hated it.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic