Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Super Bowl Commercials :: 2013 Super Bowl Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedWorld War Z: Trailer

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EMCEE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2013 at 5:51pm
Agreed with all of it.  Honestly, I still can't believe how long he fed into Shane's BS.  Dude needed a bullet to the head LONG BEFORE it actually happened (SPOILER: In the graphic novels  he wastes him pretty damn quickly).  I guess I always hope for the protagonists in these shows to be like the main survivor in the original Night of the Living Dead: No bullcrap, no nonsense.  Do what has to be done.  You only get one strike to screw up and endanger everyone else.  The next time, you're dead.
Reader, suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress. But I repeat myself.

- Mark Twain

Sponsored Links

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2013 at 6:07pm
It might be OK to do that with the weaker members of the group, but if everyone only got that one chance, we might only be left with Carol, Carl and Herschel's 17 y/o daughter, led by Maggie.

I read an interview with the guy who plays Shane (Jon Bernthal, I think).  He said that he wanted Shane to die sooner and that's how he played the character from the start, but for the sake of the show, the producers kept him going.  I think he said that he wanted Shane to die in the beginning of season 2.

EMCEE View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EMCEE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2013 at 6:56pm
^^ Huh, interesting.  Did not know that.  Also, yeah the weaker members would've had to go a long time ago.
Reader, suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress. But I repeat myself.

- Mark Twain

LittleO View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LittleO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2013 at 7:46pm
Interesting that even Bernthal knew Shane needed to go. What a despicable character. I never bought into the "we need some ruthlessness to get by" -- but then again, I liked Dale so cum grano salis.
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2013 at 10:17pm
Originally posted by LittleO LittleO wrote:

Interesting that even Bernthal knew Shane needed to go. What a despicable character. I never bought into the "we need some ruthlessness to get by" -- but then again, I liked Dale so cum grano salis.

Bernthal saw Shane as as much a sad character as a bad character---motivated by fear, and jealous of Rick's life with Lori and Carl.

LittleO View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LittleO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2013 at 11:48pm
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

Originally posted by LittleO LittleO wrote:

Bernthal saw Shane as as much a sad character as a bad character---motivated by fear, and jealous of Rick's life with Lori and Carl.

Like a scared dog who bites a chunk out of your leg. Either way, I'll pass! Good riddance to Shane, but kudos to Bernthal for the performance.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic