Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Super Bowl Commercials :: 2013 Super Bowl Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedWorld War Z: Trailer

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Admin Group
Admin Group
Forum Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ForumAdmin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: World War Z: Trailer
    Posted: 02 Feb 2013 at 7:22pm
Sponsored Links

Cross Traffic View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cross Traffic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2013 at 11:30pm
CGI infested crap, should have spent the money on better effects shots.
Hawkeye721 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hawkeye721 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2013 at 11:41pm
Wow, that was rather vague. I didn't even know what was going on.
Big Momma View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
I donated.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Big Momma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2013 at 1:23am
really crappy to make a movie like this. Like there isn't enough dreadful true crap in the world!
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2013 at 1:25am
Zombie apocalypse?  Maybe the Z stands for zombie? 

Big Momma View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
I donated.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Big Momma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2013 at 1:37am
I think it's meant to be world war three.
Big Momma View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
I donated.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Big Momma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2013 at 1:38am
Ang must have let Brad borrow his balls back.
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2013 at 1:45am
Yep.  Wikipedia says "zombies".  It's based on a book by the same name.

The Walking Dead returns next week for the start of the mid-season.  I've been jonesin' for it.

ShinyGreenApple View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShinyGreenApple Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2013 at 3:18pm
Yep, it's another Z-Poc movie. I might see it. 
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2013 at 3:22pm
Originally posted by ShinyGreenApple ShinyGreenApple wrote:

Yep, it's another Z-Poc movie. I might see it. 

Yeah, I might see it at some point, too.  While I prefer slow-moving zombies, the fast-moving ones can be fun, too.

EMCEE View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote EMCEE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2013 at 4:07pm
I never thought I'd say this, but I'm getting tired of zombies.  We are inundated with crap related to zombies.  ZOMBIES, ZOMBIES EVERYWHERE! 

It's still better than sparkly vampires, I guess.
Reader, suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress. But I repeat myself.

- Mark Twain

ShinyGreenApple View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShinyGreenApple Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2013 at 6:54pm
Originally posted by EMCEE EMCEE wrote:

I was about to say Wink I mean, at least you won't get scoffed by teenaged girls, sex-starved soccer moms, and gay men with poor taste in entertainment if you say you want to shred a zombie to bloody bits. 

Although I do wish someone would bring back the proper vampire. None of this "I'm too good to drink humans" nonsense. 
EMCEE View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EMCEE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2013 at 9:14pm
Originally posted by ShinyGreenApple ShinyGreenApple wrote:

I was about to say Wink I mean, at least you won't get scoffed by teenaged girls, sex-starved soccer moms, and gay men with poor taste in entertainment if you say you want to shred a zombie to bloody bits. 

Although I do wish someone would bring back the proper vampire. None of this "I'm too good to drink humans" nonsense. 
Yes!  Wouldn't that be refreshing?  No more "sparkling in the sunlight," "chasing after angsty teenage tail," "procreating with the living EVEN THOUGH DEAD," etc.  
Reader, suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress. But I repeat myself.

- Mark Twain

insanity213 View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote insanity213 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2013 at 9:46pm
^^ The Lost Boys (the original) should be the only direction for subject matter to take that involves the teenagers/vampires combination.  I loved that movie.

LittleO View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LittleO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2013 at 1:00am
I'm excited about the Walking Dead returning too! 

I haven't read World War Z but I got it for my mom for Christmas. (She's the biggest zombie junkie in the family!) Hopefully this movie will be good despite Brad.
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2013 at 1:44am
Originally posted by LittleO LittleO wrote:

I'm excited about the Walking Dead returning too! 

AMC is prepping people for it.  There were a buncha reruns this weekend.  I was up till 3am watching some.  I imagine they'll have a marathon of all the episodes, like they did last year.  That's how I got into it.  I watched 17 or 18 hours worth in one weekend.  All I wanted to do was see one episode, figuring that'd be enough.  Ten minutes into episode #1, and I was hooked.

LittleO View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LittleO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2013 at 2:54am
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

AMC is prepping people for it.  There were a buncha reruns this weekend.  I was up till 3am watching some.  I imagine they'll have a marathon of all the episodes, like they did last year.  That's how I got into it.  I watched 17 or 18 hours worth in one weekend.  All I wanted to do was see one episode, figuring that'd be enough.  Ten minutes into episode #1, and I was hooked.

I caught a little of Season 1 last night. It's so interesting now that I actually know who the characters are and what happens to some of them. It took me until halfway through Season 2 to get their names straight! Dale Daryl Carol Carl Merle Hershel / Lori, [actress] Laurie, [actress] Lauren... 

I watched Season 1 in real time but got bored with it for some reason, so didn't catch up on 2 until several people told me I should. We knocked that season out in two or three weeknight binges and then caught up to now. I'm definitely hooked!

Did you see the TWC/Walking Dead commercial with Daryl (Norman Reedus)? I can't remember if it's in this forum or not, but I enjoyed it!
Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2013 at 6:00pm

I never thought I'd say this, but I'm getting tired of zombies.  We are inundated with crap related to zombies.  ZOMBIES, ZOMBIES EVERYWHERE! 

Agreed, enough with the zombie overload. Thumbs Down
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
Triple J View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Triple J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2013 at 1:17am
So tired of zombies. Ermm
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2013 at 1:38am
Originally posted by LittleO LittleO wrote:

I caught a little of Season 1 last night. It's so interesting now that I actually know who the characters are and what happens to some of them. It took me until halfway through Season 2 to get their names straight! Dale Daryl Carol Carl Merle Hershel / Lori, [actress] Laurie, [actress] Lauren... 

I watched Season 1 in real time but got bored with it for some reason, so didn't catch up on 2 until several people told me I should. We knocked that season out in two or three weeknight binges and then caught up to now. I'm definitely hooked!

Did you see the TWC/Walking Dead commercial with Daryl (Norman Reedus)? I can't remember if it's in this forum or not, but I enjoyed it!

I had problems with the names for awhile.  Some of those ceased to be problems when those particular characters died.  I tend to get involved in the story, and forget to make mental notes on the names.  Part of the problem is that I knew nothing about the show until last February when, on a rainy Saturday, I decided to just check it out.  Turned into a 2-day marathon.  That was a lotta story to absorb in such a short time.  So, I was glad to catch a few in reruns this weekend. 

As hooked as I am on this show, I don't want it to go on for too much longer.  Maybe one more season.  I want things to resolve (that means Rick has to reunite with the black guy and son who originally saved his life), and I don't want the show to jump any sharks. 

Haven't seen the Daryl commercial.  I'll look for it.  I like him.  He's turned into one of my favorite characters.  He and Carol.  'Cuz, really, many of them are just not that likeable.

I forget who said this (maybe it was someone on The Talking Dead)---"You used to fear the dead.  Now you fear the living".

Have you seen the "webisodes" called Torn Apart?  It's the story of the bicycle girl---that carcass zombie that Rick encountered in the first episode.

LittleO View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LittleO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2013 at 4:19am

As hooked as I am on this show, I don't want it to go on for too much longer.  Maybe one more season.  I want things to resolve (that means Rick has to reunite with the black guy and son who originally saved his life), and I don't want the show to jump any sharks. 

Haven't seen the Daryl commercial.  I'll look for it.  I like him.  He's turned into one of my favorite characters.  He and Carol.  'Cuz, really, many of them are just not that likeable.

I forget who said this (maybe it was someone on The Talking Dead)---"You used to fear the dead.  Now you fear the living".

Have you seen the "webisodes" called Torn Apart?  It's the story of the bicycle girl---that carcass zombie that Rick encountered in the first episode.

Agreed -- it's great and it should go out on top. I'd like to see a glimpse into the future, maybe something semi-hopeful.

Haven't seen the webisodes, but maybe I'll do that during the week when I can't wait for the next episode! I thought the new one was a little disappointing but hopefully it will pick up again soon.
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2013 at 2:10pm
^  I wasn't disappointed at all.  It raised a lot of questions about the future, especially Rick's role in the group.  He's really losing it.  I think he may need to be put in one of those prison cells for awhile.  For his own safety and that of the group, he needs one helluva "time out".
EMCEE View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EMCEE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2013 at 3:59pm
^^ I understand it's for the sake of drama, but Rick's starting to make some seriously dumbazz decisions again lately. 

- Mark Twain

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2013 at 4:35pm

^^ I understand it's for the sake of drama, but Rick's starting to make some seriously dumbazz decisions again lately. 

I think that with Shane dead, he's taken on too much responsibility for the group.  Shane might've needed to die, but nevertheless, that left Rick almost solely responsible for his people's safety.  I think he's simultaneously coming to the realization that he's going off the deep end, and still wants to maintain total control.  That's why he's gotten rid of Shane and let Daryl go and wants to get rid of Michonne.  Notice these are all the really strong people?  They're a threat to his power.  So are the new people, which is why he wants them to take a hike, too.

I think Glen is going to have to start taking on more responsibilty for the group. 

LittleO View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LittleO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2013 at 4:59pm

I think that with Shane dead, he's taken on too much responsibility for the group.  Shane might've needed to die, but nevertheless, that left Rick almost solely responsible for his people's safety.  I think he's simultaneously coming to the realization that he's going off the deep end, and still wants to maintain total control.  That's why he's gotten rid of Shane and let Daryl go and wants to get rid of Michonne.  Notice these are all the really strong people?  They're a threat to his power.  So are the new people, which is why he wants them to take a hike, too.

I think Glen is going to have to start taking on more responsibilty for the group. 

All good points. I'm just a little worn out with the pacing -- spending too much time on obvious things, then rushing past situations that could use more explanation. (Like, ten minutes of expository dialogue between people like Carol and Carl ["The world used to be loud!"], then glossing over Hershel's surviving a bite when Tyreese and co. probably would've appreciated the back story on that.)

I know we'll see Daryl again (they'd be stupid to get rid of such a popular character) but I'm already bored with how that's going to come about. Blah blah angst blood thicker than water blah blah he's back all is forgiven. And I think they owe the world an apology for the chain of "interchangeable" dead black men. Someone posted an image on Tumblr of the Lori apparition, but with T-Dog's face. Now THAT would've been good TV. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic