Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television Related Rants
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

More Judge Judy

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sgtrock21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: More Judge Judy
    Posted: 24 Jan 2013 at 10:18pm

Judge Judy sometimes displays her ignorance of how things work in the real world compared to New York City. I just now viewed a recent JJ episode. It concerned a cat attacking and injuring a small dog. JJ's logic was that the cat should not have been allowed outside unsupervised. She gave the example that her cat was only allowed outside while on a leash. Wow! We're talking about dogs and cats! I would guess that in NYC and maybe some parts of The People's Republic of California cats are required to be on a leash. The cat was accused of killing 2 wild birds. This made it "aggressive". Hello! Cats are solo predators! Dogs are predators but usually in packs. I think that in about 99.9% of the USA cats run free. She also has the NYC adversion to anything concerning a gun. The people of NYC and the People's Republic of California  have obviously been (over decades) "brainwashed".

EEEEts All so REEEdEEEculous
Sponsored Links

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2013 at 10:32pm
I turned that segment off.  Poodle or something---blinded in his left eye, correct?

I live in California.  In my 'hood, we have plenty of cats roaming around.  As far as I can tell, they're all owned by someone.  I'm familiar with all of them, and people are familiar with mine.  Occasionally, I see strange ones, but it's really hard to tell if it's stray, or maybe just belongs to someone in the next block.

I recently found out that my cat Mickey spends much of the day in the backyard of a guy in the next cul-de-sac, where he "woos" the guy's indoor cat through the window.  Until I got to talking with him, he had no idea it was my cat, and I had no idea where Mickey was spending sometimes 14 hours/day. 

But yeah, the city mentality is much different than suburban and rural.  They need a lot of laws and regulations in cities.  When you're surrounded by nothing but concrete and asphalt---everything man-made---you tend to think that man must maintain total control over everything.  People in cities tend to see nature as something to worship from afar. 

However, there are good reasons to keep cats indoors in cities, especially in cities like NY.

sgtrock21 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sgtrock21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2013 at 12:03am
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

I turned that segment off.  Poodle or something---blinded in his left eye, correct?

I live in California.  In my 'hood, we have plenty of cats roaming around.  As far as I can tell, they're all owned by someone.  I'm familiar with all of them, and people are familiar with mine.  Occasionally, I see strange ones, but it's really hard to tell if it's stray, or maybe just belongs to someone in the next block.

I recently found out that my cat Mickey spends much of the day in the backyard of a guy in the next cul-de-sac, where he "woos" the guy's indoor cat through the window.  Until I got to talking with him, he had no idea it was my cat, and I had no idea where Mickey was spending sometimes 14 hours/day. 

But yeah, the city mentality is much different than suburban and rural.  They need a lot of laws and regulations in cities.  When you're surrounded by nothing but concrete and asphalt---everything man-made---you tend to think that man must maintain total control over everything.  People in cities tend to see nature as something to worship from afar. 

However, there are good reasons to keep cats indoors in cities, especially in cities like NY.

Correct. Cats are cats and dogs are dogs. They sometimes get along but most times not. In some places outside the city both should be kept inside or supervised outside. A couple of years ago I slowed for a "dog" crossing the street. I then realised it was a coyote. It was going to an affluent neighborhood. What I guessed the coyote was thinking: Poodle or kitty, poodle or kitty...... A couple of weeks ago I slowed for a large dog crossing the road. It had a loping gait and I realised it was a coyote. It was probably 70 lbs. The size of an average Germain Shepherd. It must have had a regular diet of poodles and kitties.
britastar View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote britastar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2013 at 4:26am
I hate to even respond because I agree with you've said, but since I watch JJ and I am bored...I'll jump in...I really just think her thought process not only comes down to seriously good old fashioned common sense combined with a sense of personal responsibility.  If the cat is vicious and you know your cat is vicious and it had been accused before of being vicious....sorry...it is your fault for letting it out where it did indeed attack another animal.  I don't always agree with her and I like the first sentence of your post because sometimes I do wince at her comparisons....
ilikestupidadssoshutup-MrsHill   

MrTim View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrTim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2013 at 5:20am
The "aggressive" cat caught 2 birds?  All I can think of is the owner letting it loose in the courtroom, and it goes after the old bat....  LOL
britastar View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote britastar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2013 at 5:29am
^^^^^Tongue

I think he misheard her....JJ was using the example that it would be ridiculous to say that "birds provoked the cat".  

sgtrock21 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sgtrock21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2013 at 6:00am
Originally posted by britastar britastar wrote:

I hate to even respond because I agree with you've said, but since I watch JJ and I am bored...I'll jump in...I really just think her thought process not only comes down to seriously good old fashioned common sense combined with a sense of personal responsibility.  If the cat is vicious and you know your cat is vicious and it had been accused before of being vicious....sorry...it is your fault for letting it out where it did indeed attack another animal.  I don't always agree with her and I like the first sentence of your post because sometimes I do wince at her comparisons....
I don't watch Judge Judy so much for her entertainment value which I consider somewhat stale with her repeated euphanisms although I do agree with her no nonsense approach and knowlege of family law. I really watch for the "train wreck" value of the plaintive/defendent/witnesses. All pet animals (cats, dogs, or hamsters) that have never displayed a tendancy to be viscious can become vicious under the right circumstances. Nearly all creatures including humans have a "flight or fight" instinct. In this case the cat (according to the plaintive) was hiding in bushes. The poor little dog probably just wanted to sniff it. The cat with it's back against the wall and deprived of the option of flight instictively only had the option of fight. Of course if you have a dog that kills every cat it can catch or attacks small children it should not be allowed to roam free. When I first meet a dog I always extend my closed fist for it to sniff. I like my fingers.
britastar View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote britastar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2013 at 6:05am
Lol..."train wreck" value....that is funny....Also kind of funny is her outdated expressions..one time I think she asked a litigant if he was Enrique Iglesias because he was holding his hand over his heart....so funny....the guy was like 24...doubt he has even ever heard of him...lol....

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2013 at 3:05pm
I get tired of hearing her overused expressions.  "Ummm is not an answer" has gotten really old.

Also, I think she relies on her own self-importance too much when she arrives at her decisions.  She's Judge Judy and she knows everything!  I prefer Judge Marilyn Milian, "the hottest judge on television".  Milian explains her decisions much better.  Plus, she's not a bitch on wheels.

britastar View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote britastar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2013 at 3:42pm
Another one JJ  uses..."That's a lot of whoshotjohn!!"  LOL

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2013 at 3:49pm
^  Oh, yeah.  LOL

I think she spends too much time berating the plaintiffs for talking over her.  "Put on your listening ears".  She keeps saying she can cut their sound, but she never does.  I think she's bluffing.

msmadz View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
8+ years on CIH

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote msmadz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2013 at 6:57pm
"I'm smarter than you on your best day and my worst day!" (love that one!)
The artist formerly known as Madawee

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2013 at 8:55pm

"I'm Speaking"    "They don't keep me here because I'm gorgeous"    She loves New York but has to go to LA to tape the show.  I agree with Thor, The lady on Peoples court is much more reasonable,attractive But you don't want to piss off a hispanic woman either. 

insanity213 View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote insanity213 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2013 at 9:20pm
Judge Mills Lane cracked me up.  If they ever made a movie about him, Joe Pesci would be perfect for the role. (go to about 2:10 in the video, and that was a more mild-mannered Lane LOL)

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic