Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Lucky Charms "Quirky" Woman

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LittleO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Lucky Charms "Quirky" Woman
    Posted: 18 Jan 2013 at 5:25pm

Bitch, put your elbows down. Nobody eats like that.
Sponsored Links

insanity213 View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote insanity213 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2013 at 5:47pm
Ughhh I remember this annoying twit from the McDonald's honeymoon commercial with the whiny husband where she claims to have married a 12 year old or something.  This commercial isn't much better.
LittleO View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LittleO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2013 at 5:52pm
What is so appealing about this woman that she gets cast in more than one commercial? I hate this strain of horse-faced quirkiness that's so popular in ads geared to women. 

Also, who forgets how good Lucky Charms taste? They are awesome. You'd be a fool to stop eating them just because you turned 18!
Snesgamer View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snesgamer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2013 at 6:01pm
Short and relatively painless. If someone hadn't pointed out she's the "14-year-old" woman, I wouldn't have even noticed.
insanity213 View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote insanity213 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2013 at 6:02pm
Her name is Allyn Rachel.  Take your pick of results from a youtube search on her, and you'll be hard pressed to decide which is the most annoying (though after watching the Triscuit one, I'd put money on that one)

http://www.youtube.com/results?hl=en&q=allyn%20rachel%20commercials&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&tab=w1

I'm sick of the whole "adorkable" trend in female celebrities, most notably Zooooooey Deschanel (or however many unnecessary friggin' "o"s she has in her first name).
TurdFerguson View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote TurdFerguson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2013 at 7:33pm
Originally posted by insanity213 insanity213 wrote:

I'm sick of the whole "adorkable" trend in female celebrities, most notably Zooooooey Deschanel (or however many unnecessary friggin' "o"s she has in her first name).

Tell me about it!  My wife thinks Zooooooey Deschanel is just great.  I don't get the appeal.  She strikes me as a self-absorbed celebrity with a more-annoying-than-average schtick.  Very two-dimensional, yet tries really, really , REALLY hard to look like there's something to her, which there likely isn't.  Can't wait until her popularity fades.

Now, someone who is genuinely quirky and funny is Kristen Schaal, not sure if anyone remembers her.  She's a very funny comedian who was on "Flight of the Conchords."  I found the show hit-or-miss, but have listened to a few interviews with her and watched some of her standup.  You can tell when someone's feigning "weirdness" to gain popularity.  She's not; she's found a way to make her genuine weirdness work for her, and I dig her for that.  She doesn't have to try - she just is, unlike Ms. Deschanel and the girl above.
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2013 at 7:55pm
Originally posted by LittleO LittleO wrote:

Also, who forgets how good Lucky Charms taste? They are awesome. You'd be a fool to stop eating them just because you turned 18!

I never liked Lucky Charms.  Something about those marshmallows (which they are not!Angry) made my skin crawl.

Tiz View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2013 at 9:52pm
She did that Toyota "facebook friends" commercial also.
Moochamoocha View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Moochamoocha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2013 at 11:54pm
Originally posted by TurdFerguson TurdFerguson wrote:

Tell me about it!  My wife thinks Zooooooey Deschanel is just great.  I don't get the appeal.  She strikes me as a self-absorbed celebrity with a more-annoying-than-average schtick.  Very two-dimensional, yet tries really, really , REALLY hard to look like there's something to her, which there likely isn't.  Can't wait until her popularity fades.

Now, someone who is genuinely quirky and funny is Kristen Schaal, not sure if anyone remembers her.  She's a very funny comedian who was on "Flight of the Conchords."  I found the show hit-or-miss, but have listened to a few interviews with her and watched some of her standup.  You can tell when someone's feigning "weirdness" to gain popularity.  She's not; she's found a way to make her genuine weirdness work for her, and I dig her for that.  She doesn't have to try - she just is, unlike Ms. Deschanel and the girl above.

Ugh, don't get me started on Zooey Deschanel. I can't stand that woman. And I hate the term adorkable. She's adorkable all right - a dork able to annoy.
LittleO View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LittleO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2013 at 11:59pm
Originally posted by TurdFerguson TurdFerguson wrote:

Zooey is definitely over-exposed lately. I don't hate her but I'm really tired of her.

I loved Kristen Schaal on FOTC. She was perfect in that role. Then she played a similar character on 30 Rock and I hated it. Go figure.
LittleO View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LittleO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2013 at 12:00am
Originally posted by Tiz Tiz wrote:

That was her! It makes perfect sense, since she's horrible in that one too. Maybe I should've posted this in Repeat Offenders.
LittleO View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LittleO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2013 at 12:01am
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

Originally posted by LittleO LittleO wrote:

I never liked Lucky Charms.  Something about those marshmallows (which they are not!Angry) made my skin crawl.

They're pretty much just sugar, so I love them. Pig
TurdFerguson View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TurdFerguson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2013 at 5:36am
Originally posted by Tiz Tiz wrote:

Ugh, she also used "antisocial" when she meant "asocial."  That's almost as irritating to me as when people say "literally" for emphasis or when they mean "figuratively."  There's a BIG frigging difference between the two terms.

Example:
An asocial person has few social interactions and usually prefers to keep it that way.
An antisocial person prefers that everyone else has no social interactions, as he or she wants everyone dead or maimed.
--------------
It's funny 'cause it's bigger than a normal hat.
Hezadancer View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Hezadancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2013 at 9:44pm
How does this woman keep getting work?! She's seriously one of the worst repeat offenders I've ever seen. And yet she probably goes home and gives herself a pat on the back every day for "making it" in LA as an actress. Honey, doing a lucky charms or Toyota commercial isn't the same as being the next Angelina. Get a real job.

And ad men? I am the target demographic for ads that use this woman. Please, for the love of god, use a different actress!
It's ok, I'm in marketing!
Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2013 at 9:47pm
WTF? Who keeps gettting this woman into commercials? Oh well at least she's not as annoying in the Lucky Charms ad. Oh wait she is still annoying in the Lucky Charms ad. Spoke too soon.Angry
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
ADamant View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ADamant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2013 at 4:11am
Older topic, I know...

I never noticed on TV that this commercial starts with our favorite repeat offender stumbling upon someone else's bowl of Lucky Charms in the workplace kitchenette, only to have the audacity to actually eat said cereal. I hope her boss discovers this and gives her an annoying, whiny, McRib-commercial-esque "I hired a 14-year-old".
*WARNING* This message was composed on a computer in a household where peanuts and peanut products are served.
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2013 at 2:52pm
Originally posted by ADamant ADamant wrote:

Older topic, I know...

I never noticed on TV that this commercial starts with our favorite repeat offender stumbling upon someone else's bowl of Lucky Charms in the workplace kitchenette, only to have the audacity to actually eat said cereal. I hope her boss discovers this and gives her an annoying, whiny, McRib-commercial-esque "I hired a 14-year-old".

She needs more than a scolding from her boss.  If a bowl of cereal can transport her in her head, into a forest with rainbows and leprechauns, she needs a referral to a psych hospital, a prescription for Haldol, and a few weeks' sick leave.  It also might behoove the boss to change the locks on the office doors.

ADamant View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ADamant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2013 at 3:53pm
^ Maybe she doesn't even work there. You know, just stumbled in off the streets for free food. She was probably kicked out of the house by her McRib-loving husband (though we know who really wore the pants in that relationship). Or maybe her parents kicked her out of the house for spending all her time on facebook wondering if those were real puppies. (Cue other Allyn Rachel commercial references.)
*WARNING* This message was composed on a computer in a household where peanuts and peanut products are served.
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2013 at 4:00pm
^  LOL

Autumn View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Autumn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2013 at 7:56pm

^ Maybe she doesn't even work there. You know, just stumbled in off the streets for free food. She was probably kicked out of the house by her McRib-loving husband (though we know who really wore the pants in that relationship). Or maybe her parents kicked her out of the house for spending all her time on facebook wondering if those were real puppies. (Cue other Allyn Rachel commercial references.)

haha. She was fired from her last job for throwing a tantrum and trashing an office when she found out Triscuits are just as good without any toppings.
Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2013 at 8:14pm
Originally posted by Autumn Autumn wrote:

haha. She was fired from her last job for throwing a tantrum and trashing an office when she found out Triscuits are just as good without any toppings.

LOL you guys are too much!
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
ADamant View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ADamant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2013 at 9:16pm
Until today, I had never seen that trashing tantrum Triscuit commercial. It may have already been discussed, but I wonder if dear Allyn had instructions on what to tear/trash/destroy, or if she was given the freedom to ad lib.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic