Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Jane Krakowski Tropicana Trop50

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevanbd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Jane Krakowski Tropicana Trop50
    Posted: 14 Jan 2013 at 3:22am
I know she's playing up her 30 Rock persona, but, Jesus H Christ this commercial bugs the snot out of me

Sponsored Links

Papa Lazarou View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec
Formerly Codtaro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Papa Lazarou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2013 at 7:33am
I actually found it a little clever. Mainly because of her...the other women are a bit grating...
sgtrock21 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sgtrock21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2013 at 4:54pm
Originally posted by kevanbd kevanbd wrote:

I know she's playing up her 30 Rock persona, but, Jesus H Christ this commercial bugs the snot out of me

Thanks. I wanted to comment on this one yesterday. Because of it's age I tried many CIH searches with no luck. Is vanity really the most important thing in these women's lives?
EEEEts All so REEEdEEEculous
Tiz View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2013 at 10:25pm
^^ Yes....
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2013 at 10:30pm
Hey, If OJ floats the boat of these hot women. More power to them.
Hezadancer View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hezadancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2013 at 11:08pm
Bugs me because unlike most women I don't have cackling hen fests with my friends about how good each other looks. Is this what getting older is like?

Also news flash, trop 50 is just watered down orange juice. I sh*t you not. They just dilute it with water to lower the calories. Just buy regular orange juice and water it down at home! Same goes for the Mots Tots apple juice. Just diluted apple juice.
It's ok, I'm in marketing!
sgtrock21 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sgtrock21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2013 at 12:16am
Originally posted by Hezadancer Hezadancer wrote:

Bugs me because unlike most women I don't have cackling hen fests with my friends about how good each other looks. Is this what getting older is like?

Also news flash, trop 50 is just watered down orange juice. I sh*t you not. They just dilute it with water to lower the calories. Just buy regular orange juice and water it down at home! Same goes for the Mots Tots apple juice. Just diluted apple juice.
I discovered that when I was researching just what the Hell trop50 was. I am not a cheapscate but I hate being cheated. The same thing with light beer. Also name brand coffee. A pound went to 12oz now it is 10oz. Same price or more during the Colombian crop faliure scam. Do they think we are ignorant idiots? Maybe most of us are. 
EEEEts All so REEEdEEEculous
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2013 at 2:37pm
I have an orange tree, so I get free oranges that last from December through May.  In December 2011, I picked them following a few nights of below-freezing temperatures, so the texture got kinda weird, and the oranges were mainly just good for juice.

Nevertheless, these oranges remained good for months.  They were not even refrigerated; they just sat in bags in my kitchen.  They looked gnarly by May, but the juice was still great.

Oh, I like having free orange juice, but it's really a pain in the ass.  One orange yields only a few ounces of juice, and my "juicer" is one of those really old ones from the 1940s or 1950s that you have to actually press a handle to get the juice out of the orange.

This is kinda like the one I have:

Tiz View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2013 at 10:10pm
It says "vitamin enhanced". So they're jumping on the "vitamin" water bandwagon.
Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2013 at 10:20pm

This news to me, my parents bought Trop50 beause they think it's "healthier" and "vitamin enriched" I should just tell them it's water diluted orange juice.
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
Moochamoocha View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Moochamoocha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2013 at 4:20am
I can't stand this bitch. Is she really that conceited in real life?
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2013 at 2:15pm
Originally posted by Moochamoocha Moochamoocha wrote:

I can't stand this bitch. Is she really that conceited in real life?

Per the original poster, she's just playing the character she portrays on 30 Rock---who's, apparently, very self-centered and needy.

Hezadancer View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hezadancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2013 at 2:23pm
Originally posted by Ad nauseous Ad nauseous wrote:

This news to me, my parents bought Trop50 beause they think it's "healthier" and "vitamin enriched" I should just tell them it's water diluted orange juice.

There's a lot of articles calling them out on it. Here's an example.
It's ok, I'm in marketing!
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2013 at 2:37pm
Still better than Sunny D, which is only 5% juice.

Same with Snapple beverages.  I recall seeing one that said "Contains 2% juice".

But are people really that concerned with the calories in orange juice?  How much are they drinking?

msmadz View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
8+ years on CIH

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote msmadz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2013 at 3:12pm
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

Still better than Sunny D, which is only 5% juice.

Same with Snapple beverages.  I recall seeing one that said "Contains 2% juice".

But are people really that concerned with the calories in orange juice?  How much are they drinking?

Well, between my morning screwdrivers and mimosas, quite a bit! LOL

The artist formerly known as Madawee

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic