Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Miscellaneous :: Recommended / Not Recommended
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Sodastream

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote regulus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Sodastream
    Posted: 04 Jan 2013 at 10:48pm
I've seen people grouse about their Ads, but on December 25 I became the owner of one of these machines. It comes with a couple of one-liter bottles, a sample pack of 12 flavors and a container of CO2. It was a cinch to set up and I find the sodas to be pretty good! You don't have to use their flavor packets, I couple of flavor packets (The kind you put in water bottles), work just as good, and you can create some unique flavors with it. I had floated an idea of carbonating wine, creating "Poor Man's Champagne" with it, but the instructions say use pure water only, so that's that. Over all i recommend this gadget, so if you got one don't exchange it, you'll miss out on some fun. Thumbs Up

One Warning, after carbonating the water, add the flavors SLOOOOOOOOOOWLY, unless you like geysers! LOL
Poiuyt Power!!!
Sponsored Links

JimAyzing View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive
Formerly powerboy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimAyzing Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2013 at 11:05pm
I love them. I don't have one, yet. But I know someone who does and he had me try a glass. It tasted better to me.
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2013 at 11:10pm
You should go to Smart and Final, and check out their Torani syrups.  Torani has all sorts of flavors.  The bottles are maybe 26oz each, and cost $5 or $6...but you only need a splash of syrup per glass of soda, so it lasts a long time.  Beverages and More has them, too---but fewer flavors and a bit more expensive.

regulus View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote regulus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2013 at 3:26am
Last Month I took a Bottle of Sodastream Soda (Ginger Ale) to a Bible Study, and forgot to bring it home. Today we had another meeting at the same place, The Bottle was still there, it was less than half full. I opened it and poured a glass, it was STILL Fizzy! If you havent gotten one of these GET ONE. Get your Mother one for her this Sunday. I have nothing but good things to say about these machines. Thumbs Up
Poiuyt Power!!!
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2013 at 4:08am
A few years ago, I had the opportunity to pick up a nice water carbonator (not a Sodastream, though. This was prior to them) for 5 bucks at a yard sale & passed on it.

One of those little things I still regret.

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
tass View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2014 at 1:09am
We've had one for 4 years now & it's still going strong. Bugs me that it's too tall to live on the kitchen counter because of standard upper cabinets - design flaw that may be remedied with newer models - but we just keep it under the sink. Has saved who knows how many plastic bottles - several hundred at least - from the recycling bin. And the biggest bonus is that my teenage kids kicked the sugary-drink habit - we just make plain seltzer.
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2014 at 11:09pm

Had some soda made from a Sodastream the other night.  I selected a mix of grape and lemon.  Excellent.  Good carbonation, too.

Not sure if you can mix in powdered flavorings, like Kool-Aid, if you run out of the stuff they offer, though.  I think you'd have to mix the powders in with some water before you add them to the Sodastream.  Otherwise, the whole thing might erupt like a volcano.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic