Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Mastercard Cancer Carols

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Duck Lewis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Mastercard Cancer Carols
    Posted: 06 Dec 2012 at 8:27pm
"Karen we have heard your deeds, standing up to ca-han-cer. Just for using mastercard online to buy a sweah-heah-ter." 

Cancer rhymes with sweater, evidently. I swear, if these "fight cancer" commercials get any more annoying, I'm going to put serious thought into switching sides. 
Sponsored Links

Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2012 at 8:41pm
OMG I'm sick of this caroler , he is downright ANNOYING. Can we get less stupid ways to raise awareness about cancer? Seriously WTF? Thumbs Down
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
Duck Lewis View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Duck Lewis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2012 at 9:52pm
I have an honest theory that these commercials are made by some shadowy pro-cancer lobby to get us to try and get us to care less about it. 
Tiz View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2012 at 10:17pm
Wish there were a video so the rest of us could discuss it.Confused
insanity213 View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote insanity213 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2012 at 10:20pm
I found it Tiz.  Hadn't seen it until just now:

Looks like it follows the same idea as the Ray Romano one when he surprises the 2 women at the restaurant by bringing their receipt.
Snesgamer View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snesgamer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2012 at 12:01am
They don't even mention what kind of cancer they're supporting, but I bet its breast cancer, because it seems like it's the only damn kind of cancer the media knows about.
MrTim View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrTim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2012 at 4:54am
Originally posted by Duck Lewis Duck Lewis wrote:

"Karen we have heard your deeds, standing up to ca-han-cer. Just for using mastercard online to buy a sweah-heah-ter." 

Cancer rhymes with sweater, evidently. I swear, if these "fight cancer" commercials get any more annoying, I'm going to put serious thought into switching sides. 

According to California, sweaters, credit cards, and the internet cause cancer....  LOL
orion70 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote orion70 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2012 at 3:03am
Disclaimer - I have been through cancer treatment (& according to some, the shiny awesome popular kind, breast cancer!!! Ermm)

Anyway, I hate this commercial.  It reeks of slacktivism, and while cancer charities are awesome things to support and supporters are awesome, it weirds me out how the superstar in this commercial is not a cancer patient, but someone who accidentally donated 0.000001% of a cent or something to a cancer charity. 

zippyjet View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zippyjet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2012 at 3:04am
This guy in the Dickens hat who sings obnoxious Christmas songs as well as the tuity fruity guy from the Target Black Friday Sale should have to share a cell at "Gitmo" for these commercials! Both are hurl inducers.
I approve this message.
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2012 at 3:12am
Originally posted by insanity213 insanity213 wrote:

I found it Tiz.  Hadn't seen it until just now:

Looks like it follows the same idea as the Ray Romano one when he surprises the 2 women at the restaurant by bringing their receipt.
ConfusedI'd thank ya, I123, but I really think that may have just been the very worst cancer carol ever.
Pretty sure Santa Kringle's lil'reindeer would trample the singer to save the many.
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
zippyjet View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zippyjet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2012 at 3:15am
I can't stand these Christmas carols with their original lyrics! This just is total sh*t! Take Dickens carroling guy and the tooty fruity Target Black Friday singer and put them in a cell at "Gitmo."
I approve this message.
Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2012 at 1:19am
I hate the way he holds his hands.

It pisses me off!!!!

Angry
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2012 at 2:28pm
Originally posted by Ad nauseous Ad nauseous wrote:

I hate the way he holds his hands.

It pisses me off!!!!

Angry

Yeah.  What's that all about anyway?  Is it some musical thing?

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2012 at 2:36pm
I can't stand these theater/musical groups that get all dressed up a la 1890 and go around singing Christmas carols.  Every Christmas, the building I used to work in would have bagels and muffins and coffee in the lobby, with one of these groups there serenading us.  I liked the bagels and stuff, but found the singers annoying as they tried to "hearken" us back to days of yore with that "old-timey" Christmas spirit.  Sorry---this just doesn't work in a financial district high-rise.

Hmmmm...now that I think of it, maybe the singing group was there to ensure we wouldn't be lingering there very long and that we'd get up to our offices quickly.  Now, that I get.  LOL

zippyjet View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zippyjet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2012 at 7:00pm
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

I can't stand these theater/musical groups that get all dressed up a la 1890 and go around singing Christmas carols.  Every Christmas, the building I used to work in would have bagels and muffins and coffee in the lobby, with one of these groups there serenading us.  I liked the bagels and stuff, but found the singers annoying as they tried to "hearken" us back to days of yore with that "old-timey" Christmas spirit.  Sorry---this just doesn't work in a financial district high-rise.

Hmmmm...now that I think of it, maybe the singing group was there to ensure we wouldn't be lingering there very long and that we'd get up to our offices quickly.  Now, that I get.  LOL

Very good point I think you hit the nail on the head. I just found out that at my work place BWI Airport they are going to have live Christmas music. If it goes down in my work area I'm going straight to my union representative. Throughout history my people have been imprisoned, persecuted and killed because we don't conform to the majority religion. I'll leave it at that.
I approve this message.
lahnnabell View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lahnnabell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2012 at 9:14pm
I hate her middle-aged mom giggle.  "Oh, tee hee!  You're so hilarious with your caroling and your original lyrics.  By the way, I'm wearing the sweater!  Haw haw haw!"  
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2012 at 9:22pm
Originally posted by zippyjet zippyjet wrote:

Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

Very good point I think you hit the nail on the head. I just found out that at my work place BWI Airport they are going to have live Christmas music. If it goes down in my work area I'm going straight to my union representative. Throughout history my people have been imprisoned, persecuted and killed because we don't conform to the majority religion. I'll leave it at that.

Well, I'm not against it in that way.  I just don't like the fake "old-timey" pretensions of these sorts of carolers.

My problem isn't with Christmas music; it's with the songs/singers that I, personally, don't like.  But that's just part of listening to music in general.  Some people probably like those carolers.

nyc2013 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nyc2013 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2013 at 10:22am
Yeah and got to love her reaction to it all with the screeching and little, hey look at me, ain't I something kick to the side like she actually accomplished something
WalpurgisQuill View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WalpurgisQuill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2013 at 3:23pm
Originally posted by lahnnabell lahnnabell wrote:

I hate her middle-aged mom giggle.  "Oh, tee hee!  You're so hilarious with your caroling and your original lyrics.  By the way, I'm wearing the sweater!  Haw haw haw!"  

There is, like, a 1 second frame of her buying the sweater, and its a doggie sweater, apparently. LOL
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic