Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

StateFarm Like A Good Neighbor

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mannysimmons Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: StateFarm Like A Good Neighbor
    Posted: 04 Dec 2012 at 10:53pm
this is so played out and old, appauling and annoying, we do not need to hear this 100 times a day on each network

im never buying statefarm insurance
Sponsored Links

Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2012 at 11:03pm
I'm getting sick of the-tone-deaf-yelling-"like-a-good-neighbor-State-Farm-is-there" making-an-agent-appear commercial.

It was  maybe funny the first time but after repeating it got old real quick!

One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2012 at 11:26pm
I don't think I'd ever base my decision to buy a product upon the commercial---whether I liked the commercial or not.  Commercials don't have that effect on me.  That said, my car insurance doesn't advertise.  But that had nothing to do with my decision to get it.
Adznem View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adznem Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2012 at 4:08am
I ALSO can't stand that hipster loser who billed himself as a "French model", On that State Farm ad.AngryThumbs Down Tongue
MrTim View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrTim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2012 at 4:59am
Definitely shop around.  I dropped State Farm (2 cars, $850 for 6 mos.) for Infinity (2 cars, $700 for 1 year).  I sure wasn't going to get house insurance with them....
sgtrock21 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sgtrock21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2012 at 5:53am
Originally posted by Adznem Adznem wrote:

I ALSO can't stand that hipster loser who billed himself as a "French model", On that State Farm ad.AngryThumbs Down Tongue
More like an Oger loser. Beyond ridiculous. I know the adtards are attempting to exagerate everything so that us simple minded consumers will get their point. Try again.
EEEEts All so REEEdEEEculous
KrissyBean View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KrissyBean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2012 at 1:07pm
There is one version of this commercial that makes me laugh, as annoying as the entire ad campaign is. It's the one with the two women shopping for a handbag. Of course, one can afford the bag because she saved so much with State Farm. The other one summons her insurance guy and it's a dude that looks JUST like Gary Busey, dressed in fishing gear - dangling a dollar bill on a fishing pole just out of the girl's reach. It makes me laugh every time. Smile
Bears. Beets. Battlestar Gallactica.
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2012 at 2:47pm
Here in Florida, those so-called "good neighbors" at State Farm did the same thing their "good hands" pals over at Allstate did... they just up & dropped thousands of policy holders who lived in older homes & had been loyal customers for years, because they didn't feel it was worth the risk.

Some "good neighbor".

Being in the "good hands" of such "good neighbors" isn't as wonderful as they make it out to be.

In fact, it sucks.
...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2012 at 3:02pm
We are not 'State Farm' fans, either.
MissyDWolf's previous Blackillac (actually, a Buick) was totalled by a State Farm policy holder.
State Farm made a valient attempt at underpayment for the accident.
When we complained, they responded, "Just TRY and make us pay!" - with a laugh - no joke.
We *immediately* sued them - didn't even listen to 'settlement offers' - and won in record time. They paid like good little whipped puppies (and did not laugh in court).
Whole process took about 60 days.
I've NO respect for them.
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2012 at 3:10pm
Originally posted by PaWolf PaWolf wrote:

We are not 'State Farm' fans, either.
MissyDWolf's previous Blackillac (actually, a Buick) was totalled by a State Farm policy holder.
State Farm made a valient attempt at underpayment for the accident.
When we complained, they responded, "Just TRY and make us pay!" - with a laugh - no joke.
We *immediately* sued them - didn't even listen to 'settlement offers' - and won in record time. They paid like good little whipped puppies (and did not laugh in court).
Whole process took about 60 days.
I've NO respect for them.

My bro who settles auto damage claims says that Kelley Blue Book and NADA are not used much by insurance companies.  Generally, they determine the value of a vehicle based on what that vehicle is selling for within a 25-mile radius, and take mileage into consideration.  This method can work in your favor or not, depending...but most likely not.

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2012 at 3:16pm
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

My bro who settles auto damage claims says that Kelley Blue Book and NADA are not used much by insurance companies.  Generally, they determine the value of a vehicle based on what that vehicle is selling for within a 25-mile radius, and take mileage into consideration.  This method can work in your favor or not, depending...but most likely not.

You make it sound like State Farm was founded by P. T. Barnum; "Don't worry about that - there's a sucker born every minute"
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
insanity213 View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote insanity213 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2012 at 3:37pm
My car insurance is a CIH "celebrity," but I got with them back in 2000 which was long before the torturous Flo era began.

d4everman View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote d4everman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2012 at 9:26pm
Originally posted by Ad nauseous Ad nauseous wrote:

I'm getting sick of the-tone-deaf-yelling-"like-a-good-neighbor-State-Farm-is-there" making-an-agent-appear commercial.

It was funny the first time but after repeating it got old real quick!

Nah...it wasn't funny the first time.
No Good Deed Goes Unpunished
Angry McPisseron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
Formerly AngryMcPisseron

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angry McPisseron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2012 at 2:12pm
What I dislike most about these ads are the segments where other people (INCLUDING WOMEN & CHILDREN!!!) talk in the voice of that black guy (Eddie Mastos?) who does most of the speaking in these commercials. AngryDeadOuchDeadAngry

WTF IS UP WITH THAT?!? AngryDeadOuchDeadAngry
IT'S THE EXACT REVERSE OF THE SUBWAY COMMERCIALS!!! AngryDeadOuchDeadAngry
It's annoying as f*ck and I wish that these commercials would quietly vanish!!! AngryDeadOuchDeadAngry

insanity213 View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote insanity213 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2012 at 3:20pm
Originally posted by Tampon Submarine Tampon Submarine wrote:

What I dislike most about these ads are the segments where other people (INCLUDING WOMEN & CHILDREN!!!) talk in the voice of that black guy (Eddie Mastos?) who does most of the speaking in these commercials. AngryDeadOuchDeadAngry

It's annoying as f*ck and I wish that these commercials would quietly vanish!!! AngryDeadOuchDeadAngry

Dennis Haysbert.  Great actor, I wish he wouldn't have chosen the State Farm path, especially the "voice-over" ones.

"I say f*** you Jobu, I do it myself."

LOL
Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2012 at 8:25pm

Uuh that was the Allstate ads we're talking about State Farm. BIG difference there.
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
d4everman View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote d4everman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2012 at 9:47pm
Originally posted by Ad nauseous Ad nauseous wrote:

Uuh that was the Allstate ads we're talking about State Farm. BIG difference there.
True. But I hate those voice over commercials too.
dizrythmia View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dizrythmia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2012 at 7:38am
my parents have also been dropped by state farm. my mom was with state farm before she even knew my dad, she was with them that long. then my dad started having seizures while driving and had some minor fender benders. and i do mean minor - the most damage he did was hit one of those orange construction cones filled with water once, jump a curb another time, another time was more serious and actually did damage to the car. i was there that time...brace yourself for this damage. i mean...wow. we lost....Cry the driver's side mirror and one hubcap!!!! Cry amazingly that was the only damage he ever did to the car ever. and he never hit another car, just jumping curbs or whatever, that last time he drove against concrete barriers for construction (again with freaking construction zones), never hitting people or anything.

anyway, state farm claimed my dad was now a high risk person and as such, my parents (plural) were being dropped. even if my mom was on there as a single person, as at this point it was clear my dad was no longer able to operate a vehicle safely anyway so driving was out of the question anyway (and he's never driven since), they still said no because he could still technically drive. well uh yeah...i was 14 at the time, i could've technically stolen their car and driven too. faulty logic, much? so my mom dropped them - we were fully insured with them for home owner's insurance and i think something else too. we'd been with them for over 25 years, and that was over 15 years ago. plus i'll never sign with them, so i just hope whoever their agent was is still kicking himself over being so short-sighted.
Hezadancer View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hezadancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2012 at 2:38pm
Technically if he is having seizures while driving....that sounds like a risk to me. Just because the accidents have been minor so far doesn't mean there won't be another that's worse. They assess risk, not people. It sucks when it's something minor, but they tend to look at claims and accidents regardless of big or small.

When my husband and I got married I was on State Farm and he was on something else. We decided to get a policy through State Farm together. Because he had 1....ONE accident on his record they refused to give him a policy. Like you, it was not a "bad" accident. They ended up losing me to Geico. Now we're with Allstate.
It's ok, I'm in marketing!
d4everman View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote d4everman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2012 at 6:07pm
State Farm is one of the companies that some folks in my subdivision had issues with after the tornado in Fayetteville in '11 flattened the place.  There are homes that were never rebuilt because insurance companies didn't want to pay up. (I have USAA and they really came through for me, no nickle and diming, they just paid up)
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic