Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Dragon commercial

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote harleydeva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Dragon commercial
    Posted: 29 Nov 2012 at 6:09pm
The dragon commercial is the most annoying commercial I have ever seen.... Kill the dragon!!!!Dead
Sponsored Links

msmadz View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
8+ years on CIH

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote msmadz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2012 at 6:18pm
Welcome harleydeva.

Would you care to elaborate on which commercial youre bashing?
The artist formerly known as Madawee

A.C. Sativa View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A.C. Sativa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2012 at 8:57pm
Originally posted by Madawee Madawee wrote:

Welcome harleydeva.

Would you care to elaborate on which commercial youre bashing?

I would assume he's talking about the ad for the Dragon voice-recognition software, mostly ran on the Science and Military channels. I'd post a vid, but I don't know how to imbed videos, search for "Dragon Software Commercial" on YouTube. It's not really that bad of an ad on it's own (not really annoying, girl in it is decent looking), the problem is that it goes on for f**king FOREVER. I swear it's the longest commercial ever, has to be at least 5 minutes. If they split it up into a bunch of shorter ads it'd be OK. Like a lot of tolerable ads it's also played constantly, no matter how good an ad is once you see it enough times you're gonna start to hate it.
msmadz View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
8+ years on CIH

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote msmadz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2012 at 9:12pm
Thanks for the explanation, A.C!

(yeah, I'm slow on the uptake - I thought maybe it was some weird "Dungeons and Dragons" thing-y.)LOL
The artist formerly known as Madawee

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2012 at 10:02pm
Yep, Dragon has a new spokesperson, but it is the same old dragged out dragon ad.
Tiz View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2012 at 10:39pm

Spokesperson is easy on the eyes.
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2012 at 1:58am
I absolutely cringe when I see these - but at least they got rid of the guy who was originally pushing this stuff. This girl is annoying, but a little easier on the eyes and ears.
The DickTechtive from Fort Worth is a real 'piece of art', though; he grinds my nerves to no end - and what is odd is that neither MissyD or self knows who he is, so that makes it even more 'cringy'.
~~~
The technology has been available for well over 30 years; it is NOT new, nor anywhere near it.
I loved it, back then. We automated a number of office functions and phone functions, using a very similar (in-house architechted) product.
The 'accent' issue, if improved, WOULD make the product so very much more valuable; the original software required 'learning time' with accents - I can't see how this new product does not (but, in Dragon's defense, *I* haven't tried it).
I'm actually about to buy it just to drive it.
$75? Why not.
If it WORKS, this will have 'Scotty' blurbing "Computer On..." (the original COULD), and more.... 
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
prime directive View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote prime directive Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2012 at 5:49pm
i agree that the dragon commercial is most annoying. there is a "host" of sorts, that talks about it and demonstrates the product, but they keep having the host introduce testimonials....that do not run concurrently, but come back to the host after each one....everyone makes the same point...it does not make the commercial more effective that you have testimonials....all you have to do is say dragon types what you say...the end you stupid commercial writers....i`m still trying to decide which one is more annoying the old one with the geeky dude, or the new one with the girl....seriously dragon this commercial makes me not want to purchase your product, but rather download it from a torrent site.
prime directive View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote prime directive Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2012 at 5:50pm
it makes me happy to see so many others that hate this commercial as much as i do.
Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2012 at 7:21pm
The commercial is really long just when you think it's over....................................it's not and it keeps on going and going and going and going and going and going and going and going and going and going and going and going and going and going and going...
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
sgtrock21 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sgtrock21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2012 at 8:14pm
Originally posted by Ad nauseous Ad nauseous wrote:

The commercial is really long just when you think it's over....................................it's not and it keeps on going and going and going and going and going and going and going and going and going and going and going and going and going and going and going...
In order to time this ad I would have to pay close attention to it. I don't think I could stomach that. It plays regularly on The Military Channel which seems to be turning into 5 minute blocks of commercials interupted by 2 minutes of programing. I'm surprised that 'The Commercial Channel' has not appeared. It would consist of vintage commercials interupted by contemporary commercials 24/7/365!
EEEEts All so REEEdEEEculous
Cantstanzya View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cantstanzya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2012 at 2:49am
This was my previous #1 worst commercial, before the state farm "person come help, six callers ahead" dork and his mom on the phone. It still ticks me off and makes me switch channels out of spite because it's a mini-infomercial. It's still bad but not as bad as when they had that dork with the green shirt and hipster nerd glasses. I hated the old man talking about writing letters and the tool writing his report in the old one.

You could see they tried to tone down the annoying bad acting factor but they did nothing about shortening the length, which is the worst part of this torture. The new one does have this annoying woman with a whiny voice who says she's a writer.
dizrythmia View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dizrythmia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2012 at 3:55am
they show this a lot on chiller too. the only upside is whenever i watch chiller, it's via dvr so i've actually yet to hear the entire thing. but i've picked up on how long the damn thing is because i think it's the only ad they'll show over the break if they show that ad. yeah it's neat software but it's not that complicated to explain, it's not like this sort of thing hasn't existed before. you don't need four minutes to explain it!
Kris L. Walker View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kris L. Walker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2012 at 4:03am
I hate these ads and they act like "If you don't have Dragon this will happen."

Thanks for the offer, but no thanks. Until you make a better ad, I don't want your expensive software.
Back from an unexpected hiatus. Time to rip ads a new one all over again.
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2012 at 4:05am
It's easy to explain it in less than a minute

"This software is capable rendering speech as typed word, you talk, it types" done.

See it's that simple!
dizrythmia View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dizrythmia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2012 at 5:33am

It's easy to explain it in less than a minute

"This software is capable rendering speech as typed word, you talk, it types" done.

See it's that simple!
Clap exactly! they could even take it a step further and say "it even gets better as you use it and learns your accent the more you use it" - i think that takes a whopping ten seconds to say?

this commercial should be a thirty second spot. maybe if their commercials were shorter, the software wouldn't need to be so expensive.
Hezadancer View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hezadancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2012 at 3:39pm
Friggin hate these ads! Yes, the product can be very helpful, and I even have a free Dragon speech to text app on my phone just because, but why does everyone in the ad have to be so annoying?

I don't know if she's in the video above, but I hate the one with the young black girl "writing a novel". Seriously, I can tell just in the 4 sentences she has written no one is going to publish that sh*t. It's a solid B- in a high school creative writing class.
It's ok, I'm in marketing!
sgtrock21 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sgtrock21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2012 at 8:57pm
Originally posted by sgtrock21 sgtrock21 wrote:

In order to time this ad I would have to pay close attention to it. I don't think I could stomach that. It plays regularly on The Military Channel which seems to be turning into 5 minute blocks of commercials interupted by 2 minutes of programing. I'm surprised that 'The Commercial Channel' has not appeared. It would consist of vintage commercials interupted by contemporary commercials 24/7/365!
Today the'short' verson of the Dragon commercial was introduced. It is around 1 minute. About 1/4 the length of the original. Unfortunately it is played 5 times as often.
whitliggett View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote whitliggett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2013 at 8:34am
I could not agree more!  These commercials irritate the f**k out of me with their bad grammar and diction.  "I tend to speak fast..."  Ugh, no, you dumb bitch, you tend to speak very QUICKLY.  Please learn how to speak proper English in your annoying-as-f**k commercials aimed at retarded Americans that do not know any better.
Tiz View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2013 at 11:28pm
^^^ Wacko

See Jane run fast.

See Jane run very quickly.

Dubious ian View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dubious ian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2013 at 7:02pm
I'm glad I wasn't the only one who caught the "writer" using awful grammar. Also, is she really such a lazy person she can't do the only part or her imaginary job that requires physical activity? After trying to Google her I got zero results, so I am almost positive everyone in this ad is a paid actor, which totally makes these "testimonials" worthless.
CaptainErnie View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CaptainErnie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2013 at 7:37pm
What I hate about it is they act as if Dragon is the only software in the world that can do this. If you check out Windows (from win 7 and up) there's a voice recognition app included that works just as well.
jhiller21 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jhiller21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2013 at 8:43pm
Originally posted by CaptainErnie CaptainErnie wrote:

What I hate about it is they act as if Dragon is the only software in the world that can do this. If you check out Windows (from win 7 and up) there's a voice recognition app included that works just as well.

I remember lots of people had problems with the voice recognition in Vista, but it always worked fine for me. You had to speak very clearly though.

The newer software works great, but I don't really use it anymore. Once the novelty wears off, you're better off just using a keyboard.
sgtrock21 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sgtrock21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2013 at 6:09pm
Originally posted by lkl005 lkl005 wrote:

Yep, Dragon has a new spokesperson, but it is the same old dragged out dragon ad.

I now refer to it as "Drag-On".
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2013 at 6:09pm
Originally posted by sgtrock21 sgtrock21 wrote:

Originally posted by lkl005 lkl005 wrote:

I now refer to it as "Drag-On".

Ain't that the truth!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic