Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

State Farm 'Road Trip' (video)

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: State Farm 'Road Trip' (video)
    Posted: 23 Nov 2012 at 5:25pm
DeadAfter about a million 'forced-feeds' of the most unlikely fender-bender EVER (IN THE DESERT?!), it is time complain.
There are just so many things wrong with this commercial.
Dumb Dad.
Young male child certain to grow up to be a dumb dad.
Grammy magically shows up to help 'Jimmy', fresh from her 'Black Friday Shopping Spree' at T.J. Maxx (what a 'looker', eh?)
~~~
Hey State Farm! My stomach is currently doing 'Day After Turkey Day'-Flippy Flops! You're not helping.
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Sponsored Links

Timberedclub View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Timberedclub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2012 at 5:53pm
1) The SF agent has gotta full set of curves...hubba!

2) I really hate how the douche dad yells "YOU'RE NOT HELPING!" at grandma who's just trying to help. What an ingrate!
"Just do it. Is it in you? I'M LOVING IT!"
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2012 at 6:45pm

The young dad is still on mom's policy?   Grow some nads!!  and also,  Thanks Melinda, I payed the bill. I know I'm covered. The question is: How soon will you pay?

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2012 at 7:22pm
Isn't dumb dad also the guy in that V8 "lab test" commercial?  Kinda looks like him.

Hezadancer View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hezadancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2012 at 8:55pm
I feel like something has been cut out of this ad because the dad is overly squinty like he lost his glasses, while both grandma and his son are wearing huge glasses. And the line "dad look who it is". WTF is going on?

If I'm just over analyzing then maybe that dude needs to open his f**king eyes, only French Stuart can get away with that squinty sh*t.
It's ok, I'm in marketing!
Tiz View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2012 at 10:00pm
This commercial is riddled with holes. An accident in the middle of nowhere? No apparent damage on white guy's vehicle while a lot on black(SF) guy's. If white dude ran into or caused the accident, SF guy doesn't need to worry about being covered.

No insurance agent will be traveling out there to bum f*ck Egypt for that fender bender, call the cops.  
Matt M View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Matt M Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Dec 2012 at 5:03pm
Originally posted by Hezadancer Hezadancer wrote:

I feel like something has been cut out of this ad because the dad is overly squinty like he lost his glasses, while both grandma and his son are wearing huge glasses. And the line "dad look who it is". WTF is going on?

If I'm just over analyzing then maybe that dude needs to open his f**king eyes, only French Stuart can get away with that squinty sh*t.

Matt M View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Matt M Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Dec 2012 at 5:06pm
The little kids excitement about seeing his grandma is disturbing.
zgrillo2004 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zgrillo2004 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec 2012 at 4:14am
I consider this racist since the black guy gets saved. but we whit folk get problems Dead
PrincessMorbucks View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PrincessMorbucks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2013 at 3:52pm
I hate this commercial, primarily because dumb dad commercials, when done extremely wrong, can turn out annoying.
insanity213 View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote insanity213 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2013 at 3:54pm
Originally posted by PrincessMorbucks PrincessMorbucks wrote:

I hate this commercial, primarily because dumb dad commercials, when done extremely wrong, can turn out annoying.

And those are a dime a dozen these days.
PrincessMorbucks View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PrincessMorbucks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2013 at 4:06pm
Yup. There are some good dumb dad ones, right? I've been living under a rock...
Praetorian View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Praetorian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2013 at 6:21pm
Originally posted by Timberedclub Timberedclub wrote:

2) I really hate how the douche dad yells "YOU'RE NOT HELPING!" at grandma who's just trying to help. What an ingrate!

I know. What a douche, right?
mrjim View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mrjim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2013 at 7:30pm
This is another commercial that has been played to death.  It's not funny anymore guys.  Time for a new idea.
Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2013 at 7:38pm
Agreed, I get the boys excitement over grandma. Heck I was excited to see grandma when she came to our house or we came over to hers. (RIP) What I don't get is the sons pissy attitude to his own mother just because he doesn't have Statefarm.

I f**king hate Statefarm ads there are none that I actually like. They're all pieces of crap. Thumbs Down
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2013 at 8:14pm
I dunno.
*I* think that the adults should tell 'Little Johnny' to go play in the desert and look for things that wiggle and make 'baby rattle' noises, while they address the car accident, find out where 'Granny' got that nifty green rotary phone, and discuss the hazards of being over-dressed. especially in dark colors in the desert at high noon, with Melanie.
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2013 at 9:25pm
Melinda, Is a fat slob and all I want from her is vicious litigation against the stupid white dad. She is sure to grow a yeast infection in that desert heat. Get back to the office there girl.
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2013 at 9:54pm
I was just picturing her sweating profusely and eventually passing out from heat exhaustion...everyone else is dressed for the climate.
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2014 at 2:22pm
ShockedCryThere are few commercials I dislike more than this one...and it is making a 'comeback'
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2014 at 3:10am
CryWhy won't State Farm let this commercial DIE (please?)???!! They're playing the heck out of it, again.
There are few commercials I've disliked more than this one for a LONG time.
It's the kid's dad - I don't like him. Never did, never will. Can't help he made a few bucks as an actor in this commercial, if I ran into him, I'd still kick his ass for being such an insolent bastard.

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2015 at 2:46pm
Angry2 1/2 years ago, the bitching commenced regarding this commercial...and here we are today, just experienced the full version once again. The pains remain the same. I still want to beat the ever-loving sh*t out of the 'Dad' ("...sorry kid - I just don't like your 'dad' and he really needs to know it..."). Granny is still all dressed up in cheap window drapes, the State Farm agent *still* needs a sweater since it is so cold in the desert at mid-day, and where'd 'Kevin' come from, anyway? was he, well...parked in the middle of the road? 
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic