Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Vonage 'Unlimited Calling to Mexico' (video)

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Vonage 'Unlimited Calling to Mexico' (video)
    Posted: 14 Nov 2012 at 5:01pm
ConfusedThis commercial is the perfect example of why 'The Big Guy Above' created 'Bullies'.
"I'm a Momma's Boy..."
Well, O.K. then! These things need to be dealt with rapidly, doncha know!
Why start out a commercial at a disadvantage? Tell me crap like that LATER...'cause all I wanna do now is pick on you (and I'm the farthest thing from being a 'Bully'), just a little bit. We'll wait for the obligatory Vonage 'Mariachi Muzak', before we get started, doncha know...

X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Sponsored Links

TheNilvarg View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheNilvarg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2012 at 7:41pm
Correct. The last three Vonage commercials they've come out with (this one, the one with the Indian woman singing, and the one with the ethnically diverse angry customers crumpling up their phone bills) have just been terrible.
Hezadancer View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Hezadancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2012 at 11:00pm
Call me racist but this guys accent is soooo grooossss. My beel....switched to wonage, my mahdur.

Ugh, barf.Dead
It's ok, I'm in marketing!
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2012 at 11:32pm

He really ought to decide if he wants to grow a gotee or simply friggin' shave, too.

Kinda 'reads' "Insert Sausage Here"

Really.

"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
DirtyD79 View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DirtyD79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2012 at 1:35am
Originally posted by PaWolf PaWolf wrote:

He really ought to decide if he wants to grow a gotee or simply friggin' shave, too.

Kinda 'reads' "Insert Sausage Here"

Really.

John Wayne: Say Pilgrim, is that goatee comin' or goin'? LOL
Mind on My Money, Money on My Beer
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2012 at 1:58am
Originally posted by Hezadancer Hezadancer wrote:

Call me racist but this guys accent is soooo grooossss. My beel....switched to wonage, my mahdur.

Ugh, barf.Dead

The Indian one has the daughter saying "Wonage", too. 

sgtrock21 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sgtrock21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2012 at 3:52am

Ugh, barf.Dead
I agree. His accent does not sound Spanish. WTF!
EEEEts All so REEEdEEEculous
Timberedclub View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Timberedclub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2012 at 6:32am
Oh wow...I thought you were just joking about the mariachi music....LMAO!!!!

May as well have put a serape' and a sombrero on him with some bullet straps across his chest. Oh, and a big gold tooth right up front.

"Just do it. Is it in you? I'M LOVING IT!"
Hezadancer View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hezadancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2012 at 11:53pm
Originally posted by sgtrock21 sgtrock21 wrote:

Ugh, barf.Dead

The first few times I saw this ad I was actually confused on his ethnicity. The Mexican sounding music at the end tipped me off to the fact that he is Mexican or Spanish. I thought he could also have been Italian or something.
It's ok, I'm in marketing!
Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2012 at 12:13am
Originally posted by Timberedclub Timberedclub wrote:

Oh wow...I thought you were just joking about the mariachi music....LMAO!!!!

May as well have put a serape' and a sombrero on him with some bullet straps across his chest. Oh, and a big gold tooth right up front.

LOLLOL

So far the new Vonage commercials suck even though they did get rid of the "Wahoo hoo hoo hoo" music.Thumbs Down
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
Pervis View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pervis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2012 at 2:34am
Originally posted by sgtrock21 sgtrock21 wrote:

Ugh, barf.Dead
Because he's not from Spain, he's from Mexico.... Ermm
EMCEE View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EMCEE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2012 at 3:35am
His accent does sound off to me for some reason.  It is awful, regardless.
Reader, suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress. But I repeat myself.

- Mark Twain

nelnikson View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nelnikson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2012 at 2:14am
OMG I hate this commercial so much, the dude is pathetic as a "mama's boy"!  I'm so happy for you now STFU and same thing with the woman who calls INDIA!  Annoying!!  OMG HATE!AngryAngryAngry
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2012 at 3:41am
Actually, some folk are saying this fella does NOT sound 'Hispanic'; I'd beg to differ - he certainly does - especially more from the 'Southern Mexico' perspectictive, if not South America,
SPANISH? Nope.
Brazilian 'Portugese'? Yeaaaa...maybe.
meecepeece View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote meecepeece Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2012 at 3:44am
I could not tell whether the accent was being faked and that is why it sounded so odd, or if he might be a man from the Southern America region, or very Southern Mexico for real. He off and on Sounds Italian. However he in and of himself is being quite the stereotype, which gives it a racial undertone in spite of its diversity
If you could see the you that I see when I see you seeing me, you'd see yourself so differently, believe me-
meecepeece View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote meecepeece Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2012 at 3:45am
I am my mothers favorite son! well aren't WE the arrogant one
If you could see the you that I see when I see you seeing me, you'd see yourself so differently, believe me-
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic