Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

GEICO 'Witch in a Broom Factory' (video)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: GEICO 'Witch in a Broom Factory' (video)
    Posted: 10 Oct 2012 at 12:51am

DeadNOW I know why those basic, standard brooms smell like they do..

X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Sponsored Links

Hootman View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hootman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2012 at 12:53am
Just saw that while watching the game...I have to admit I chuckled.
Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2012 at 12:55am
NOT funny Geico.

STUPID is more like it

I cannot find any of these "Happier than" ads that I've liked!

I hate the Happy Hipster Douchebag Duo.
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
Annoyedalot View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Annoyedalot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2012 at 3:04pm
I've always kind of liked the Gecko, but this series, with Gallagher et al, is really just dumb.
Papa Lazarou View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec
Formerly Codtaro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Papa Lazarou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2012 at 3:47pm
The saddest thing, is that almost all of these would have worked better with the 40's-ish gangster guy who compares saving money with Gieco to random things.

At least then, we didn't get the joke AFTER the punchline.
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2012 at 4:38pm
I dunno, I kinda like it.

Kinda fits in with the Halloween season.

BTW......  Topic: GEICO 'Witch in a Broom Factory' (vodeo)

What exactly is a "vodeo"?

I was expecting to see video of a rodeo.

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2012 at 7:46pm
I meant to spell "voodeoo" - kinda like for 'Halloween'
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
msmadz View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
8+ years on CIH

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote msmadz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2012 at 8:05pm
This one was a bit annoying, but I have to say, the one with Eddie Money makes me chuckle.
The artist formerly known as Madawee

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2012 at 8:39pm
Originally posted by PaWolf PaWolf wrote:

You folks who type 500 words a minute are bound to make a little mistake here and there.
bwestfall View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bwestfall Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2012 at 10:26pm
I actually got a laugh out of this one.  The Eddie Money one is absolutely awful IMO.
A new study finds that people who are chipper & happy live longer. Which is surprising because people who aren't chipper & happy want to kill people who are always chipper & happy. David Letterman
Hezadancer View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hezadancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2012 at 1:09am
Originally posted by Codtaro Codtaro wrote:

The saddest thing, is that almost all of these would have worked better with the 40's-ish gangster guy who compares saving money with Gieco to random things.

At least then, we didn't get the joke AFTER the punchline.

That's another problem with these ads, they're just a retooling of that series! God the admen at Geico must really be hung up on stupid, one note comparisons.
It's ok, I'm in marketing!
regulus View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote regulus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2012 at 2:06am
Originally posted by lkl005 lkl005 wrote:

Originally posted by PaWolf PaWolf wrote:

You folks who type 500 words a minute are bound to make a little mistake here and there.

"Fat Finger" mistakes SUCK. AngryOuch
Poiuyt Power!!!
Triple J View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Triple J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2012 at 8:04pm
These two assclowns with the "Smothers Brothers" shtick have GOT. TO. GO.

I keep wishing John Belushi would come in and smash their instruments, or Quick-Draw McGraw would show up and give 'em the old "El Kabong" upside the head... KA-BONNNNNG!
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2012 at 1:06am
Originally posted by Triple J Triple J wrote:

I keep wishing John Belushi would come in and smash their instruments, or Quick-Draw McGraw would show up and give 'em the old "El Kabong" upside the head... KA-BONNNNNG!

LOL Agreed they need to be gone NOW!!!!!
sgtrock21 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sgtrock21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2012 at 3:00am
Originally posted by Ad nauseous Ad nauseous wrote:

Originally posted by Triple J Triple J wrote:

LOL Agreed they need to be gone NOW!!!!!
How about yesterday!!!! Even though I was in the correct age group and demographic for the Smothers Brothers I never really liked them. I like the "assclowns" about 1,000 times less!
EEEEts All so REEEdEEEculous
jnoble View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jnoble Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2012 at 3:17am
The part in this ad where the one worker says something like "I'm going to take a stand!" and the other one says "no you're not" cracks me up. 
EMCEE View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EMCEE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2012 at 6:03am
Switching to GEICO might "make some people happier than blah blah blah....," but nothing would make me happier than seeing the brains of those two peckerweasels splattered on that hokey Vaudevillian backdrop.  
Reader, suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress. But I repeat myself.

- Mark Twain

Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2012 at 1:53am
I found myself laughing at the exclamations the witch yelled, now if only they get rid of the douchenozzles with the guitar and mandolin.

If it didn't include those dunderheads it would make the commercial much more tolerable, heck I wouldn't mind a reappearance of the "Could Geico save you 15 percent or more on car insurance" guy.
NJtoTX View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NJtoTX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2012 at 12:22pm
They should just do "Happier than a pig in sh*t" and get it over with.
Adznem View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adznem Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2012 at 3:41pm
Hey, I like THIS commercial better than the other more Communist-inspired trash they throw on these days.......Smile
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2012 at 6:52pm
Originally posted by Adznem Adznem wrote:

Hey, I like THIS commercial better than the other more Communist-inspired trash they throw on these days.......Smile
Got a point there.LOL
Pretty sure Gallagher is a communist.
The body-builder HAS to be.
And Eddie Money?
say no more...LOL
Scrapple View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scrapple Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2012 at 3:57am
I'm guessing these two dbags on everyone of these ads call themselves "Pomplareindeer"...you know, since "Pomplamoose" was already taken.  Eh, what's another large, hooved, herbivore to these f*&ktoids.  I guarantee you they don't know squat unless they can look it up on their smartphones.  Classic American mailto:dumb@sses - dumb@sses.  Seriously though, these guys incite some real deep rage in me. 
Oldiesmann View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oldiesmann Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2012 at 5:49am
I love the original ad in this series (yuppies getting splattered with watermelon), but I have not enjoyed any of them since then. The "slinky on an escalator" thing is by far the worst in the series in my opinion.
Michael "Oldiesmann" Eshom
Cincinnati, Ohio
dutchman063 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dutchman063 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2012 at 5:31pm
I like this commercial...  you got to hand it to Geico at least they have some creativity and humor in their commercials as opposed to other insurance companies garbage campaigns..  ie: Flo from pregressive, any allstate  etc...
Hezadancer View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hezadancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2012 at 7:00pm
It's not creative, a 5 year old could come up with better comparisons. Plus recycling the same hackneyed ideas and having a "throw it at the wall and see what sticks" approach to advertising is just wrong.
It's ok, I'm in marketing!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic