Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television Related Rants
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Brickleberry

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote regulus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Brickleberry
    Posted: 06 Oct 2012 at 10:14pm
Comedy Central has a new show that that has the Parent's Television Council up in arms. It's an animated series called Brickleberry. Reading the description from PTC's own website about this show, IMHO this is one SICK, Perverted TV Show, and I'm glad I'm not supporting it by paying any subscription fee.

Post away, my friends.
Poiuyt Power!!!
Sponsored Links

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2012 at 10:16pm
You oughta copy/paste the description here.

Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2012 at 10:38pm
I saw a video posted here a few weeks back about the show Brickleberry, it was inappropriate and stupid.

I see no appeal in this show.  
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
Synesthesia View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Synesthesia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2012 at 11:17pm
The commercial gets on my last nerves, but this probably isn't the sort of show you should let your kids watch anyway. Like South Park and all of those shows. Just because they have animation, doesn't mean you let your kids watch them.

Hentai comes to mind.
Is this love big enough to watch over me?
Big enough to let go of me
Without hurting me,
Like the day I learned to swim?-Kate Bush The Fog
eribean View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eribean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2012 at 11:23pm
euuuuuuughhhhh I know lots of kids who watch/look at hentai.

really, really f**ked up.

probably more f**ked up than watching this, but by the video posted a month ago, maybe not by much.
"Oh, and just because I like humans, it doesn't mean that I like you personally. That's important to note."
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Synesthesia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2012 at 11:45pm
That's why parents have to go, no you cannot watch this show. It looks stupid, but there's no reason to take it off. I would be annoyed if Metalacapolyse was taken off because of parents who can't say, no, this show is too scary for you.

Actually, it gets a bit too scary for me, but i do have a soft spot for death metal.
Without hurting me,
Snesgamer View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snesgamer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2012 at 3:33am
I get a bad vibe that this is Comedy Central's desperate attempt to copy Family Guy. Saw a clip on youtube that featured the same stupid flashbacks FG does. Really hope this show dies a horrible death by the end of the 1st season.
jeroboam View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jeroboam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2012 at 7:50am
Beside, who wants to be on the Parent TV council's side?? Eesh
tvpirate05 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tvpirate05 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2012 at 7:07pm
It comes on at 10:30 pm, when most kids should be in bed. The PTC has no leg to stand on, as usual. 
The poster formerly known as producer757
regulus View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote regulus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2012 at 10:22pm
Originally posted by tvpirate05 tvpirate05 wrote:

It comes on at 10:30 pm, when most kids should be in bed. The PTC has no leg to stand on, as usual. 

That's one saving grace, it's on late in the evening. PTC's beef is that even if you decided not to watch this show, you are still forced to pay for it with your subscription fee. (PTC is in favor of a-la-carte television, where you would only pick (and pay for) the channels you watch).

There is a lawsuit going through our courts that if the plaintiff wins Pay-TV providers would be forced to provide their channels a-la-carte. I don't know it this has a chance of winning, but one can hope! LOL
Poiuyt Power!!!
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Synesthesia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2012 at 1:46am
I would love a-la-carte service. There's all kinds of stations I want and don't want. But yeah, block cartoon network or comedy network, wherever this show is on at night.
Without hurting me,
jeroboam View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jeroboam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2012 at 9:00pm
PTC hides behind the pay for it argument to push their puritanical pearl clutching ideals. We as humans inadvertantly
'Pay' for a LOT of atrocious things in our day to day lives.

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2012 at 9:22pm
I'm not a fan of the PTC and I'm not a fan of censorship, but it's good that at least there's someone forcing us to think about the crap we view (or let kids view) on TV.  Otherwise, it just flies under the radar, just like the next trashy thing and the even-worse thing after that.  In fact, this might be how we got to the current state of TV---by tacitly approving everything that came down the pike, to the exclusion of the more quality stuff.

I just noticed another teen pregnancy reality show coming on one of the Discovery channels.  There must be 8 of these shows by now.

Hezadancer View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hezadancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2012 at 11:37pm
Ehh, IMHO it's just a vehicle for Daniel Tosh. The show itself is pretty generic trashy humor. It's not even laugh out loud funny, it's just boring. Comedy Central always tries to get a new animated show going every year or so and they never take off. Besides South Park, what other animated shows have had success? Crank Yankers was good but technically that's puppets. I liked Shorties watchin' Shorties but that was canceled after like 9 episodes.
It's ok, I'm in marketing!
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tvpirate05 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2012 at 3:10pm
Originally posted by Hezadancer Hezadancer wrote:

Besides South Park, what other animated shows have had success? Crank Yankers was good but technically that's puppets. I liked Shorties watchin' Shorties but that was canceled after like 9 episodes.

Drawn Together lasted a few seasons...I found that one pretty funny. But for some reason, Viacom has a weird throw-stuff-at-the-wall-and-see-what-sticks approach to their cable programming. As a result, you get fairly generic, cookie-cutter content that is usually gone within two months, and immediately becomes an obscure memory. MTV does the same thing, and it's actually a little annoying. It's like they don't care about shelf life, just get the show on the air. Honestly, that's become the approach to a few networks over the last decade or so, both "Big 4-1/2" and cable, although FX, TNT, AMC, and the premiums take a much better approach.

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2012 at 3:18pm
Originally posted by tvpirate05 tvpirate05 wrote:

Drawn Together lasted a few seasons...I found that one pretty funny.

I liked that one, too.  I even got the first two seasons on DVD.

Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hezadancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2012 at 10:26pm
Forgot about Drawn Together, that one was good too.
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2012 at 10:54pm

Clever concept, that Drawn Together.  A cartoon parody of MTV's The Real World using slightly off-kilter/twisted versions of well-known cartoon characters, from Betty Boop to SpongeBob.

Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Synesthesia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2012 at 12:12am
Drawn Together was hilarious. It's tricky to make a cartoon that is vulgar and good at the same time. It's just not enough to throw a bunch of dirty jokes out there.
Without hurting me,
Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2012 at 12:34am
Drawn Together was hilarious! I don't why Comedy Central cancelled it without mention of it at all. 
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote tvpirate05 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2012 at 7:13pm
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

Clever concept, that Drawn Together.  A cartoon parody of MTV's The Real World using slightly off-kilter/twisted versions of well-known cartoon characters, from Betty Boop to SpongeBob.

In all the vulgarity and crude humor, the show was also brilliant for the reason you described, as well as the reality show (and honestly societal) archetypes it used (the b***h, the flamboyantly gay guy, the macho idiot).
Yutolia View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Yutolia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2012 at 8:17pm
Originally posted by Ad nauseous Ad nauseous wrote:

Drawn Together was hilarious! I don't why Comedy Central cancelled it without mention of it at all. 

Because that's what Comedy Central does to most of its shows that are good. MST3K - probably my favorite series of all time - went that way too. Luckily, unlike drawn together, it at least went to Sci-Fi (I refuse to spell it the new way) where it lasted for several more years.
"Xbox Live is an online homophobia club for pre-teen Tourette’s sufferers." - Brockway, Cracked.com
Timberedclub View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Timberedclub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2012 at 7:26am
Haven't seen the show itself, but my only thought from the commercials is "lowest common denominator of humor".
timdubya View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timdubya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2012 at 10:32pm
I think they replaced Drawn Together with Ugly Americans, and now they replace Ugly Americans with Key & Peele
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hezadancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2012 at 4:24am
I liked Ugly Americans. It didn't look like something I would like but it has a certain humor about it that works.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic