Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Commercial Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

New Target Ad With Dolly Parton Song

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spicy_Meatball Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New Target Ad With Dolly Parton Song
    Posted: 09 Jul 2008 at 1:59am
I didn't pay too much attention to the  actual graphics in the commerical when I first posted this.  So I am just editing now to say that it's a cute ad. For example they show a kid sleeping on a huge "sandwich" mattress with a swiss cheese blanket over him.  Tongue  But it's got  a catchy little cajun (what do they call that style of music....zygote, zydeco or something.....Approve) tune in the background sung by the very cool Dolly Parton.   So any commercial with background music that doesn't make me want to spear my eardrums onto skewers and barbeque them is OK with me. 
"Mama Mia! That's a spicy meatball!!" ~~Alka Seltzer Ad
Sponsored Links

MysticalChicken View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MysticalChicken Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2008 at 10:50pm
Oh, I saw that last night and was wondering who was singing (I thought it might have been her but I wasn't sure).  I was kind of dancing to it *guilt*
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2008 at 4:41am
I knew it was Dolly Parton, but I don't know what the song is.  Anyone?

edit:  Never mind.  Took me all of 30 seconds to look it up (God, the internet is great!).  It's called More Where that Came From.

musicman View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Formerly 0000

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote musicman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2008 at 4:51am
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

I knew it was Dolly Parton, but I don't know what the song is.  Anyone?

edit:  Never mind.  Took me all of 30 seconds to look it up (God, the internet is great!).  It's called More Where that Came From.

Yeah, and it's so close to us.  I mean, we're practically on it.

Spicy_Meatball View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spicy_Meatball Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2008 at 4:55am

ITook me all of 30 seconds to look it up (God, the internet is great!).  It's called More Where that Came From.

30 SECONDS!!Shocked   Holy mackeral I could NEVER find anything on the internet in 30 SECONDS!! Shocked  You are AMAZING!!! I takes me...oh...I dunno.....38 SECONDS to research things!! Dayummm!  LOL 

But thanks.  What's this link you have and where does it go?  I searched on youtube and got nothing.  
"Mama Mia! That's a spicy meatball!!" ~~Alka Seltzer Ad
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2008 at 5:45am
Originally posted by Spicy_Meatball Spicy_Meatball wrote:

But thanks.  What's this link you have and where does it go?  I searched on youtube and got nothing.  

Are you asking where I found the name of the song?  If so, I googled "dolly parton target" and came up with this:

Then I checked the iTunes store to verify.

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2008 at 3:41pm
We're getting a new Super Target near where I live. Usually I'm against these big box stores popping up & chewing up huge tracts of land, but this one is part of an inner-city type mixed-use development that is being built where an old run down shopping center used to be anyway.

I am very excited about it because if Super Target is comparable in price & selection to Super Wal Mart, then I am going to have a whole new place to grocery shop & it's gonna be very close to my house.

It's nearing completion.

I can't wait.

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2008 at 4:46pm
I'll go to Target when I'm feeling especially classy and sophisticated.  I usually go to WalMart.  LOL

All the WalMarts (and I imagine, Targets, as well) are supersized these days to accomodate all the super-sized people that shop there.  I've never seen so many 350 lb people (many in their twenties) all hunched over their shopping carts---as if standing on their own is just waaaay too much effort---in my life.

FaithSF View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FaithSF Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2008 at 1:15am
I hate to say it, but that song pierces my eardrums.  I usually like Dolly, but not this song.  I know, I'm probably alone on this.  So
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2008 at 2:57am

I've never seen so many 350 lb people (many in their twenties) all hunched over their shopping carts---as if standing on their own is just waaaay too much effort...

HEYYYYYYY...... watch it with the fatty jokes, bub!!!!!  Angry

I weigh around 350 myself......

Of course I'm also about 6'- 4", so it's sorta stretched out a little more.... Tongue

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
jeterlv View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jeterlv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2008 at 4:38am
I am fairly sure this Dolly song is from one of her movies, either Rhinestone or the one where she's a talk radio host.  Anyone know for sure?
Big Momma View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
I donated.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Big Momma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2008 at 11:55am
Originally posted by Jimbo Jimbo wrote:

I've never seen so many 350 lb people (many in their twenties) all hunched over their shopping carts---as if standing on their own is just waaaay too much effort...

HEYYYYYYY...... watch it with the fatty jokes, bub!!!!!  Angry

I weigh around 350 myself......

Of course I'm also about 6'- 4", so it's sorta stretched out a little more....
It's all muscle!!!!!ApproveCool

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic