Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Fiber One Brownies "Diner"

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChrisInMI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Fiber One Brownies "Diner"
    Posted: 03 Sep 2012 at 9:35pm
Let me begin to describe the multitude of things I find annoying about this commercial.

1.  The music.  It sounds like they tried to rip off a Patsy Cline or Johnny Mathis song from the late '50s/early '60s and failed.
2.  A single and presumably lonely woman picking at her plate of salad is observing two lovers feeding each other pieces of brownie, and all she can think about is how much she wants a brownie?  Not to mention the fact that she barely notices the hot guy who gives her the Fiber One brownies, and goes right for the brownies.  If I were in her position, I'd forget all about the brownies after seeing that handsome hunk o'manhood.  Not to mention the cinematography reminds me ever-so-slightly of those York Peppermint Pattie commercials.
3.  The orgasmic pleasure she gets after she bites into the brownie and the way it looks like her eyes are practically rolling back in her head.  No mass-produced baked product tastes THAT good.

Seriously though, who is that actor playing the Fiber One guy?  Yummy! 

Sponsored Links

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2012 at 10:29pm
She only imagined that guy being there.  Thus, the brownie is purposely being portrayed as a substitute for sex.  And thus, the orgasmic pleasure she gets from it.

sgtrock21 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sgtrock21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2012 at 1:39am
If she only imagines the guy where did the F-ing brownie come from?
EEEEts All so REEEdEEEculous
eribean View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eribean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2012 at 1:45am
I couldn't find the actor's name, but I did find that all the commentors on YouTube agree with you about the Johnny Mathis/Patsy Cline song.
"Oh, and just because I like humans, it doesn't mean that I like you personally. That's important to note."
sgtrock21 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sgtrock21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2012 at 1:53am
It sounds like a weird electronic version of "Crazy" a hit by Patsy Cline although written by Willie Nelson in 1955. Johnny Mathis may have also recorded it.
EEEEts All so REEEdEEEculous
PrincessOfTheAncient View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PrincessOfTheAncient Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2012 at 12:03pm
Didn't you know, we can't eat without creaming ourselves? Gosh! Where have you been the last twenty plus years?
+ Self-loathing, lonely, fat, and bitter since 2008! +
Tom Sewer View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tom Sewer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2012 at 8:31am
That's fairly annoying. I hate how they handle the product in a way that only characters in a commercial do. It's hard to explain, but they just hold it in a really fake way that annoys me.

Upon rewatching it, they hold the brownies at the tips of their fingers. I'm sure there's a reason, for instance not obscuring the product, but it annoys me anyway.
"Today's Tom Sewer, you get by on him." - Tom Sawyer by Rush... sort of.
bobbygale View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bobbygale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2012 at 10:48pm
I'd like to know who that hot actor is, too; plus, is that his real voice?  He's also the world traveler (who keeps entering in different outfits) in the Free Credit Report commercial.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic