Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television Related Rants
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedMust-read article on the Honey Boo-Boo thing!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Miseryguts View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Must-read article on the Honey Boo-Boo thing!
    Posted: 30 Jul 2013 at 1:44am
Originally posted by Madawee Madawee wrote:

I'd like to know what twisted, maniacal F**K came up with the ideas for thsee shows? A pedophile's wet dream.

They'd have to be a pretty desperate pedo.
Sponsored Links

Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2013 at 3:59pm
Excellent song!
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2013 at 4:21am

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2013 at 3:53am

Oh yea - exactly, Tizzer. I was simply so amazed when I stumbled across the article that I had to post it just so ANYONE would say precisely THAT.Wink

X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Tiz View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2013 at 9:59pm
Who cares.
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2013 at 9:01pm
Shockedoh me oh my, we *can't* have this, now can we?
What will we do...what wiiiiilllll we do, should bad things happen and we lose Honey Boo Boo?

"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2013 at 11:32pm
WTF is going on in that first picture?
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
Tiz View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2013 at 11:22pm
Well, this past weekend someone squeezed a ring on Honey Boo Mom's sausage finger. I have pictures- thank me later.

^^Yes, that's blubber.

^^Honey Boo picking her nose...
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2013 at 1:34am
Confused...well, are we all up in arms about as much as we can be, oe just decided to pretend it doesn't exist? Get ready - I'm thinkin' all hell is about to break loose at the trailer park!
Actually, this is pretty sad and scary...

"Here Comes Unky HIV-HIV"
(or, "well, looks like it is time for the entire family to get tested!", 'Uncle Poodle' tells the fam.)

d4everman View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2013 at 9:48am
Decent article. All I want is for TLC to cease to exist and take the garbage it airs with it.
No Good Deed Goes Unpunished
insanity213 View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2013 at 4:06pm
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

"Marannaise does not have meat in it.  You cannot be a vegetarian of marannaise".

(at 1:41 in)

Well f**k me sideways!! Marinayse ain't got nun of them meats in it!!

tvpirate05 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2013 at 3:55pm
Originally posted by PaWolf PaWolf wrote:

Originally posted by tvpirate05 tvpirate05 wrote:

...I'll defend wrestling. I think most people know it's fake, but get wrapped up in the storylines. It's really nothing more than a male soap opera, and it works. I was a huge fan for a while, then fell off when I left for college. Maybe one of these days I'll start watching again...

ConfusedWould you learn to love Honey Boo-Boo if'n she got in the ring for a title bout with one othose WWE Gents - even if she lost (and maybe even cried)?

I know I'm 4 months late, but for some reason, I just noticed this.

No. No, I wouldn't. Tongue
The poster formerly known as producer757
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2013 at 2:34pm
"Marannaise does not have meat in it.  You cannot be a vegetarian of marannaise".

(at 1:41 in)

regulus View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2012 at 2:04pm
Originally posted by PaWolf PaWolf wrote:

[/QUOT
ConfusedWould you learn to love Honey Boo-Boo if'n she got in the ring for a title bout with one othose WWE Gents - even if she lost (and maybe even cried)?

"I want YOU, Honey Boo Boo!" 

Sheamus

[/QUOTE]

LOL
Poiuyt Power!!!
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2012 at 3:49am

...I'll defend wrestling. I think most people know it's fake, but get wrapped up in the storylines. It's really nothing more than a male soap opera, and it works. I was a huge fan for a while, then fell off when I left for college. Maybe one of these days I'll start watching again...

"I want YOU, Honey Boo Boo!" 

Sheamus

Tom Sewer View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2012 at 12:13am
I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.
"Today's Tom Sewer, you get by on him." - Tom Sawyer by Rush... sort of.
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2012 at 4:57pm

Same goes for the Kardashians, that "Love and Hip Hop" crap, or any other "reality" show. The thing about the Internet and social media is that even when you try to avoid this trash, you still stumble upon it from time to time. A good friend of mine did refer to it as escapist TV, something you know is awful, but it gives you a good laugh and helps you realize you never know just how bad you have it.

True.  I never willingly read or watched anything about the Kardashians, yet somehow, I know too much about them.  So, just recently, I decided to tune into their show (aren't there more than one?) to see what it was all about.

I wasn't mortified or disgusted or anything like that.  I watched about 15 minutes.  In those 15 minutes, they came across as fairly decent people.  But that left me wondering---Why????  There was really no reason to watch it, and I just couldn't figure out why some people do.

tvpirate05 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2012 at 4:44pm
Originally posted by sgtrock21 sgtrock21 wrote:

Originally posted by jerkylips jerkylips wrote:

in any sane society, this b!tch would be arrested for child abuse and exploitation, not given a TV show.  That kid has NO chance of a normal life.  All joking aside, when are we, as a society, going to stop rewarding deplorable behavior?

This garbage will continue to be accepted as long as over 50% of television consists of "anything but reality" reality programs. I have no idea why this crap is so popular. It only makes me sad that so much of our population is  mentally retarded. I have a choice of about 200 TV channels. I do not want to watch: Fishing, Alligator hunting, gold mining, logging, Trucks on ice, Tots in Tiaras, or any of this total CRAP!!!! The morons who watch this drivel think professtional wrestling is real (I figured that s**t out when I was 12 y/o). They religiously follow the latest celebs and think they will someday be them. So sad!

While I mostly agree with you 100%, I'll defend wrestling. I think most people know it's fake, but get wrapped up in the storylines. It's really nothing more than a male soap opera, and it works. I was a huge fan for a while, then fell off when I left for college. Maybe one of these days I'll start watching again...

As for Honey Boo Boo, I have no desire to watch, and garbage like this is the reason I don't have nor miss cable. However, I also don't want to read the Facebook or Twitter updates my friends post either. Same goes for the Kardashians, that "Love and Hip Hop" crap, or any other "reality" show. The thing about the Internet and social media is that even when you try to avoid this trash, you still stumble upon it from time to time. A good friend of mine did refer to it as escapist TV, something you know is awful, but it gives you a good laugh and helps you realize you never know just how bad you have it.

I used to watch "Jerry Springer" and "Maury" for similar reasons until the same topics (paternity tests or shemales everyday) just got old for me... Embarrassed
The poster formerly known as producer757
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2012 at 1:59pm
Originally posted by Theoted Theoted wrote:

One low-key way to combat BS of television is to visit the library, read a book, turn off the boobtoob!
WinkNice suggestion...except for one thing: unless a person is homeless, that individual must leave the library when it closes and deal with the 'idiot box' when they get back to their residence - and pulling the hand away from the remote can be very painful and make you consider a short stay at Betty Ford's place.

Theoted View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 2012 at 11:00pm
One low-key way to combat BS of television is to visit the library, read a book, turn off the boobtoob!
The past does not influence me; I influence the past!
Tiz View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2012 at 11:08pm

"Pageant people" - what does that mean?  Clearly it means parents living vicariously through their kids - putting their own WANTS ahead of their kids' NEEDS.  What do you really think the kids want?  To be paraded around & eye-humped by pedophiles judges?  Or to have a normal life where they play with their friends?  To be force-fed sugar & red bull/mountain dew, or to have parents who spend time with them one on one, with no camera and no "prize" at the end?

It IS exploitation on every level.  The parents exploit the kids.  The judges exploit the parents.  The tv networks exploit them all.  The only ones in this whole game who ultimately lose are the kids themselves. 

Those kids will some day be young ladies and sooner or later, find themselves on YouTube or whatever.
Payback is a son ole b*tch.
"Sure Mom, I'm putting you in the finest nursing home money can buyWink."
bwestfall View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2012 at 10:27pm
Has anyone else seen stories about this Mom?  I guess it's serious and in some ways I think there should be repercussions such as counseling or warnings, but the woman who dressed her daughter up as Julia Roberts in her prostitute outfit (Pretty Woman)  didn't get in any trouble.  I do think its a terrible thing to do to your kids.

Toddlers & Tiaras Justice

Pageant mom Lindsay Jackson put her daughter on TV in a Dolly Parton costume. Now she might lose custody for it.

A new study finds that people who are chipper & happy live longer. Which is surprising because people who aren't chipper & happy want to kill people who are always chipper & happy. David Letterman
jerkylips View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2012 at 6:20pm
Originally posted by jeroboam jeroboam wrote:

Sooo. is the complaint that they are fat?
or that they are hicks?
Or that they are pageant people?
I can't handle it, it bugs me, but I hate most reality television. I don't like seeing "triggered" events (where crew sets up a situation and lets the family or subject riff and react to the event and call it reality)
My wife watches a lot of these, they are her escape ironically and Honey Boo Boo is a train wreck of course. BUt I must say, they are kind to one another, they love one another and they really seem to have something of a system. The mom and daughter know they aren't pageant material and therefore tear it up in the face of the glitz and a part of me digs that, a la "Little miss sunshine"

Some think it is exploitation  and once you get on tv, whether portrayed nobly or as a fool, you are exploited. I don't know, I think it's too easy to just blast away at these people, when they are doing exactly what reality tv was designed for.
Oh and by the way, weird people like this family aren't that rare. I have run across some very colorful people over the years.

see the bolded selections above.  "Pageant people" - what does that mean?  Clearly it means parents living vicariously through their kids - putting their own WANTS ahead of their kids' NEEDS.  What do you really think the kids want?  To be paraded around & eye-humped by pedophiles judges?  Or to have a normal life where they play with their friends?  To be force-fed sugar & red bull/mountain dew, or to have parents who spend time with them one on one, with no camera and no "prize" at the end?

It IS exploitation on every level.  The parents exploit the kids.  The judges exploit the parents.  The tv networks exploit them all.  The only ones in this whole game who ultimately lose are the kids themselves. 
Thethelia thinkth my thoriathith ith thexthy
regulus View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2012 at 12:32pm
Originally posted by sgtrock21 sgtrock21 wrote:

in any sane society, this b!tch would be arrested for child abuse and exploitation, not given a TV show.  That kid has NO chance of a normal life.  All joking aside, when are we, as a society, going to stop rewarding deplorable behavior?

This garbage will continue to be accepted as long as over 50% of television consists of "anything but reality" reality programs. I have no idea why this crap is so popular. It only makes me sad that so much of our population is  mentally retarded. I have a choice of about 200 TV channels. I do not want to watch: Fishing, Alligator hunting, gold mining, logging, Trucks on ice, Tots in Tiaras, or any of this total CRAP!!!! The morons who watch this drivel think professtional wrestling is real (I figured that s**t out when I was 12 y/o). They religiously follow the latest celebs and think they will someday be them. So sad!

AMEN!
ClapClapClapClapClap
Poiuyt Power!!!
sgtrock21 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2012 at 4:50am

EEEEts All so REEEdEEEculous
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic