Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Velveeta: Eat Liquid Gold

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2012 at 8:37pm
They make it sound like those mall zeroes are all a tight-knit little "gang" of hipsters that hang out & socialize together when they're not at their dead end loser jobs.

In the world of reality, they would never even speak to each other.

Probably wouldn't even be working at those places longer than two months before they each found something better & hauled ass.

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
Sponsored Links

EMCEE View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EMCEE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2012 at 9:58pm
Originally posted by Jimbo Jimbo wrote:

I always called it "Smell-Feet-a".

Got any clever segues for that?

I always thought this crap smelled like catfish stink bait.  Not the best smell for a product.  Yet people eat it.  Dead
Reader, suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress. But I repeat myself.

- Mark Twain

Adznem View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adznem Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2012 at 10:22pm
Yukkkkk!!!!!!!!.Dead
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2012 at 10:25pm
I actually kind of like the stuff, although I haven't bought it in years, mainly because it's too expensive.

One of my college roomates used to melt it over hot popcorn & stir it in.

Made these nice, gooey, cheesy popcorn balls.

I liked to eat it with Ruffles potato chips.

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender

C'mon, man!
EMCEE View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EMCEE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2012 at 10:29pm

I actually kind of like the stuff, although I haven't bought it in years, mainly because it's too expensive.

One of my college roomates used to melt it over hot popcorn & stir it in.

Made these nice, gooey, cheesy popcorn balls.

I liked to eat it with Ruffles potato chips.

I guess it's like how certain people can eat the stinky cheeses, like limburger.  Yuck.  I can't get past the reek.
Reader, suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress. But I repeat myself.

- Mark Twain

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2012 at 11:25pm
Naaaahhhhh.... Velveeta doesn't stink.

It's just yellow American cheese that's a little softer than other block cheeses, like cheddar.

Maybe a little too salty tasting, but other than that, it tastes just like the cheese you get on your burger at McDonald's or Wendy's etc.

C'mon, man!
DKS View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DKS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2012 at 11:31pm

It's just yellow American cheese that's a little softer than other block cheeses, like cheddar.

I can eat Velveeta(I only do very rarely) and I can definitely tell the difference between it and American cheese...
"I see the sadness in their eyes
Melancholy in their cries
Devoid of all the passion
The human spirit cannot die"
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2012 at 12:05am
Originally posted by DKS DKS wrote:

I can eat Velveeta(I only do very rarely) and I can definitely tell the difference between it and American cheese...

There's a few kinds of American Cheese.  There's the stuff that's kinda rubbery (like Kraft slices and Velveeta) and there's the stuff that's more like other cheeses.  The latter can be sliced paper thin, while the rubbery stuff can't.

I think Land o' Lakes makes the non-rubbery kind.  I've only gotten it at deli counters.  It's really good.

We talked about this a few years ago.

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2012 at 1:08am
Confused...well...if one just isn't up to 'eating liquid gold', maybe they can bathe in it.

X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
zerocool View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zerocool Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2012 at 1:17am
Velveeta tastes like plastic... 'nuff said.
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2012 at 1:18am
Originally posted by DKS DKS wrote:

I think Velveeta tastes a bit saltier than other American cheese.

C'mon, man!
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2012 at 2:40am
Velveeta ingredients:

milk, water, milkfat, whey, whey protein concentrate, sodium phosphate, milk protein concentrate, alginate, sodium citrate, apocarotenal (color), annatto (color), enzymes, benzoate, cheese culture

Velveeta has 410 mg sodium/oz and 6 grams of fat.

American cheese (Land o' Lakes) ingredients:

Cultured Pasteurized Milk And Skim Milk, Buttermilk, Milkfat, Salt, Contains Less Than 2% of Sodium Phosphate, Tricalcium Phosphate, Lactic Acid, Milk Protein Concentrate, Artificial Color, Enzymes.

American cheese has 400 mg sodium/oz and 9 grams of fat.

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2012 at 3:08am
http://nikkyhall.files.wordpress.com/2008/04/funny-pictures-cat-asks-who-throws-cheese1.jpg
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2012 at 3:18am

Cheese making

Although not a common practice, the addition of urine to cheese-making has been known to make a richer, more piquant cheese, highly sought after by those who've tasted it.

Cry...being a cheese lover and having sampled many kinds from all over the earth, finding out about this now makes me sort of want to go crawl into a corner and make like a frog and croak.

~~~

TheBoomMan View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheBoomMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2012 at 1:53am
At least the dominant black guy is praising him and the girl is dating him.

No more white guy being deceived, no more white girl being cool, and no more dominant black guy dissing the white guy.
I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work.
TheBoomMan View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheBoomMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2012 at 2:44pm
I can't stand Kraft products. Their "American" cheese tastes nasty. Are people too poor to go buy REAL cheese slices at the Deli?
I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work.
DKS View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DKS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2012 at 3:58pm
Originally posted by TheBoomMan TheBoomMan wrote:

I can't stand Kraft products. Their "American" cheese tastes nasty. Are people too poor to go buy REAL cheese slices at the Deli?

When the "real" cheese costs around 50% more, and considering the average person isn't going to be just buying cheese, I'd say yeah, a lot of them are not willing to spend the extra money on Deli cheese.

I prefer deli, but when it comes down to $5(and generally an extra wait) for a pound of deli cheese or $2.50 for the same amount of Borden(which I prefer to Kraft), I'm usually gonna get the Borden.
"I see the sadness in their eyes
Melancholy in their cries
Devoid of all the passion
The human spirit cannot die"
Hezadancer View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hezadancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2012 at 10:31pm
Does velveeta really NEED to advertise? Seems like the demographic they're pandering to is already a core velveeta eater. I haven't met a college kid who DIDN'T have a box on hand. Stop trying to make it something cooler than it really is. It's f**king simple mac and cheese. It's not cool at all, it's convenient.

Also no one grows up wanting to be an annoying ass mall kiosk barker. Let's not romanticize it.
It's ok, I'm in marketing!
Hootman View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hootman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2012 at 11:39pm
This may be the 1950's kid in me, but....a Velveeta, mayo, mustard, and white bread sandwich is one of my ultimate comfort foods.  
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2012 at 12:14am
Originally posted by Hootman Hootman wrote:

This may be the 1950's kid in me, but....a Velveeta, mayo, mustard, and white bread sandwich is one of my ultimate comfort foods.  
Wink...oh yea - found this photo of you back then...weren't you just supposed to wash your hands before lunch? 
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2012 at 1:46am

On Fridays in Catholic school 1960s, my mother made me either a tuna sandwich on white or a cheese with mayo on white sandwich.  Those were the days when Catholics couldn't eat meat on Fridays.

Now I'm wondering what Sister Domitian would've done had I brought in a liverwurst sandwich on a Friday.  Perhaps a good beating would've been in store.  LOL

MrTim View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrTim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2012 at 4:36am
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

On Fridays in Catholic school 1960s, my mother made me either a tuna sandwich on white or a cheese with mayo on white sandwich.  Those were the days when Catholics couldn't eat meat on Fridays.

Now I'm wondering what Sister Domitian would've done had I brought in a liverwurst sandwich on a Friday.  Perhaps a good beating would've been in store.  LOL

I can imagine you screaming in your defense "It's not liverwurst, it's Vegemite!"  LOL

(You'd probably have gotten away with it until she took a bite....  LOL )
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2012 at 2:49pm
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

DeadCryThanks for the nightmares...yea - I remember the 'Tuna Fridays', too.
What made it worse was I went to a poor Catholic school that didn't have any AC or fans and they got really hot and stuffy at either the end of the school year, or the  beginning of the next.
This made those Tuna-on-Wonderbread smeared with mayo sammies pretty disgusting by lunch. Didn't go together very well with those stinkin' room-temperature cartons of expired milk they used hand out and MAKE us drink. If you didn't have to get a hall pass from a penguin to go puke by 2, you ended up with the 'charley tuna belches' for the rest of the afternoon.

insanity213 View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote insanity213 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2012 at 5:00pm
I was about to make a thread on this.  How many Censoreding times a day do they have to air this piece of sh*t???

Not to mention, the product looks flat out disgusting.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic