Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Velveeta: Eat Liquid Gold

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oldiesmann Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Velveeta: Eat Liquid Gold
    Posted: 25 Aug 2012 at 5:26pm
I've seen this ad several times over the past couple of hours and it's getting old real fast.

Michael "Oldiesmann" Eshom
Cincinnati, Ohio
Sponsored Links

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2012 at 5:55pm
So from this ad I'm supposed to come away with the idea that.....

Only losers with crappy dead end jobs eat Velveeta Shells & Cheese.

Gotcha. Thumbs Up

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2012 at 5:58pm
The best store bought macaroni & cheese is Stouffer's.

Good stuff.

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender

C'mon, man!
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2012 at 6:23pm
Make your own.  Use real cheese.  It's easy enough and just as quick as this Velveeta stuff.
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2012 at 6:36pm
I sometimes make pretty good, quick mac & cheese just by tossing a couple of sandwich slices of cheese & a little milk into a pot of still hot, drained pasta.
Cover, let the cheese slices melt, stir, add some grated cheese on top & enjoy.

Works good with flat egg noodles, spaghetti or linguini too.

Even ramens.

C'mon, man!
sgtrock21 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sgtrock21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2012 at 7:17pm
As usual. Before I could type the first letter this pos commercial came on! I have not tasted velveeta for decades. At least that I know of. I remember the "flavor" as being similar if not exactly like the nasty "cheese like substance" Mcdonalds uses. In the 70s for some reason a popular color was called Harvest Gold for appliances/something? Gold for vehicles. My friends and I refered to this color as "Baby S**t". Velveeta! Eat Liquid Baby S**t Gold!
EEEEts All so REEEdEEEculous
Yutolia View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yutolia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2012 at 8:36pm
Either that, or any time you see this commercial, you are reminded of the not-quite-glorious death of Marcus Licinius Crassus:

Originally posted by Wikipedia Wikipedia wrote:

Subsequently Crassus' men, being near mutiny, demanded he parley with the Parthians, who had offered to meet with him. Crassus, despondent at the death of his son Publius in the battle, finally agreed to meet the Parthian general; however, when Crassus mounted a horse to ride to the Parthian camp for a peace negotiation, his junior officer Octavius suspected a Parthian trap and grabbed Crassus' horse by the bridle, instigating a sudden fight with the Parthians that left the Roman party dead, including Crassus.[14] A story later emerged that, after Crassus' death, the Parthians poured molten gold into his mouth as a symbol of his thirst for wealth.
"Xbox Live is an online homophobia club for pre-teen Tourette’s sufferers." - Brockway, Cracked.com
Pervis View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pervis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2012 at 11:54pm
I just saw it for the first time.  First off, those little helicopters are really cheaply made and trying to control them really sucks.  Secondly, he works at the mall in a kiosk...yeah, I'm real jealous of him. Ermm
Big Momma View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
I donated.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Big Momma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2012 at 2:23am
I've always thought it smelled like vomit!Dead
Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2012 at 4:50am
A guy who sells helicopters TOY ones yep that'll be great on a resume...NOT!

What does flying TOY helicopters have to do with (I assume) stinky cheese.

Why the Censored would I want Velveeta cheese from a guy who flies toy helicopters???

This commercial is stupid. Thumbs Down

One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
Moochamoocha View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Moochamoocha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2012 at 7:45am
Liquid gold? Looks more like liquid sh*t to me.
eribean View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eribean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2012 at 3:24pm
This stuff is why half the girls I know gained 20 pounds freshman year. It's like 600 calories, ay.
"Oh, and just because I like humans, it doesn't mean that I like you personally. That's important to note."
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2012 at 3:49pm
And that's without the crumbled bacon, sausage or hamgurger added in!!!! Tongue

C'mon, man!
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2012 at 4:05pm
Originally posted by eribean eribean wrote:

This stuff is why half the girls I know gained 20 pounds freshman year. It's like 600 calories, ay.

While their boyfriends ate the Vulveeta.

sgtrock21 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sgtrock21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2012 at 4:12pm
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

LOL
EEEEts All so REEEdEEEculous
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2012 at 4:17pm

But only until the girls got too fat.

Then they droppd them for the slender girls who ddn't eat the VELveeta & started eating their Vulveeta.

C'mon, man!
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2012 at 4:18pm
Thanks for the "LOL", Sarge.  I'd been wanting to get the word "Vulveeta" in here since the thread started, and I just got tired of waiting.

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2012 at 4:31pm
I always called it "Smell-Feet-a".

Got any clever segues for that?

C'mon, man!
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2012 at 4:34pm
Originally posted by Jimbo Jimbo wrote:

I always called it "Smell-Feet-a".

Got any clever segues for that?

Your feet might smell like Velveeta.  But mine smell like a fine Brie.

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2012 at 4:36pm

Your feet might smell like Velveeta.  But mine smell like a fine Brie.

Limberger is prolly more like it.

C'mon, man!
eribean View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eribean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2012 at 4:51pm

Thanks for the "LOL", Sarge.  I'd been wanting to get the word "Vulveeta" in here since the thread started, and I just got tired of waiting.

Well played, my friend.
"Oh, and just because I like humans, it doesn't mean that I like you personally. That's important to note."
Oldiesmann View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oldiesmann Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2012 at 9:17pm
Now the hardworking businessman who sells tropical fish and aquariums is eating Velveeta as well:

Surely anyone with the knowledge, patience, etc. to raise tropical fish has more sense than this. I also hope this doesn't convince people that they can just go out and buy a tropical fish without any research or knowledge on how to raise them.
Michael "Oldiesmann" Eshom
Cincinnati, Ohio
jerkylips View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jerkylips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2012 at 9:28pm
what's funny about this commercial is that up here in the land of dairy farms, most of the large operations have these huge blue tanks that look like short fat silos - that hold liquid manure used for fertilizer.  The name on the side (assuming it's the brand name for the tanks) is "Liquid Gold".  I tried to find a picture online but didnt' see one. 

Also, definitely funny to model yourself after a loser who works at the mall.   "After you get done flying your helicopter & eating velveeta, you can go smoke pot with your friends then back home to your mom's basement"
Thethelia thinkth my thoriathith ith thexthy
Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2012 at 9:48pm
Originally posted by jerkylips jerkylips wrote:

what's funny about this commercial is that up here in the land of dairy farms, most of the large operations have these huge blue tanks that look like short fat silos - that hold liquid manure used for fertilizer.  The name on the side (assuming it's the brand name for the tanks) is "Liquid Gold".  I tried to find a picture online but didnt' see one. 

Also, definitely funny to model yourself after a loser who works at the mall.   "After you get done flying your helicopter & eating velveeta, you can go smoke pot with your friends then back home to your mom's basement"

WOW just wow Stern SmileLOL
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
Dirtdog View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dirtdog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2012 at 8:20pm
The first few things I notice about this dumbass commercial is how unrealistic it is.

First-who eats crappy macaroni and cheese in a bowl walking around at a mall?

Second-This annoying douchebag loser making $6.25 an hour selling RC Helicopters at the mall isn't dating a hottie like "Kayla the lotion girl" No f**king way...sorry dude ain't happening.

Third-Where and why is his buddy "Marco" boiling hot water on a stove at the mall for this douche's mac and cheese?

I hate this f**king commercial, and velveeta is processed liguid sh*t!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic