Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Radio Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Total Transformation

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrTim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Total Transformation
    Posted: 19 Aug 2012 at 4:42am
"I'm Dr. Janet Lehman, and I was shocked when my son said he hated me, and locked himself in his room.  So being a psychologist, I came up with a way to brainwash your rebellious children to make them love you again, all without drugs, cattle prods, or beating them and leaving a mark.  And it's FREE if it doesn't work."

(CD plays of Dr. Lehman talking on & on & on....)
Kid:  "Make it stop!  Make it stop, please!  I love you!  I'll be good, I promise!  Pleeeease...!"

Apparently she looks like Dustin Hoffman (as "Tootsie"), too.  (Somebody did a photo comparison.)

And they play this ad on the radio 4 or 5 times in an hour, sometimes....  Dead
Sponsored Links

mst3k4evr View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mst3k4evr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2012 at 9:40am
There's another one I hear where a mother is talking to her son and telling him that she ordered the Total Transformation system and that they're going to start doing things her way (her dialogue starts with "I love you son, but it hurts when you tell me you hate me.")
DirtyD79 View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DirtyD79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2012 at 12:14am
Doubt it's very effective advice on parenting but I'll bet it makes a damn fine beer coaster.
Mind on My Money, Money on My Beer
MrTim View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrTim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2012 at 5:08am
OMG, it's so funny listening to the ad now, because the tone of her voice strays into Valspeak (Valley Girl) in spots.... LOL

"Like, We can help you stop it! fer shur." 
LittleO View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LittleO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2012 at 5:01pm
I've been lurking here a while, but this is the one that finally got me to post!

Every time I hear this commercial (which is often) I think I don't really blame the son for hating her and slamming the door in her face. She annoys the hell out of me in 30 seconds; imagine what it must be like living with her! That condescending, nagging voice... You know that kid was out the door the day he turned 18!
Theoted View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Theoted Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2012 at 12:14am
TT does not work. It's a sham, ripoff!
The past does not influence me; I influence the past!
MrTim View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrTim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2012 at 4:29am
Got any specifics of why not?  We could make even more fun of it.... Wink
raynjuls View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote raynjuls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2012 at 9:48pm
What I noticed was the switch from Dr. James to his wife... His NY accent was so thick and unintelligible it was impossible to take him seriously.
MrTim View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrTim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2012 at 4:46am

"Son, you behave or I'll make your father talk to you!"

LOL

bandit View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bandit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2013 at 11:05pm
"my son said he hated me."

As does the listener!  Plus their phone # is repeated at least 4 times- aaarrrgh!
AdAnalyzer View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AdAnalyzer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2013 at 11:57pm
Ahh, this annoying and boring ad. I usually just space out when it comes on, it's so boring it doesn't even register with me.
EMCEE View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EMCEE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2013 at 3:04pm
So tired of this one.  Hey Janet, don't you think you should know how to raise your own children before trying to help others raise theirs?  If your son is telling you he hates you and slamming doors in your face, maybe you are not the expert you claim to be on the subject.
Reader, suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress. But I repeat myself.

- Mark Twain

joeybrib View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote joeybrib Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2014 at 7:55pm
Janet --- Anybody who repeats the phone number four times in the same commercial has chronic behavioral problems. It shows disrespect for people and shows that your product is a desperate fake.  It's no wonder Jeremy hates you with your eccentric behavioral issues. Wacko
Wankel View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wankel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2014 at 1:35am
Her dorky husband also used to do the ads, so that's a DOUBLE WHAMMY on any poor kids they had...
dskyyksd View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dskyyksd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2014 at 12:30am
Not hard to predict this doesn't work.  Between kids spending seven hours a day at school and the rest of their waking time buried in their smart phones, it's over.  Pray they have enough ambition to learn to support themselves and get out of your hair before they're 35.
FaithSF View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FaithSF Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2014 at 6:24pm
What bothers me the most about this ad is that she names her son. That's not being a good mother!
dskyyksd View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dskyyksd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2014 at 10:45am
The strategy behind this is to keep you gainfully employed and shelling out for your fair share of interest on the debt as long as possible before the monster you once called your miracle baby from heaven drives you insane or otherwise incapacitates or kills you.  Death by a thousand paper cuts instead of one shot to the head.

My son set my hair on fire.  I told him I wasn't going to stand for it.  Then he punched me in the face so hard I can't recall anything for a month afterward.  I told him if he did it again, I was going to be very angry.  Then he chopped off my right arm with an ax.  I held my breath and counted to ten.  Then he chopped my leg off.  I told him I was putting my foot down.  I sort of had to.  Then he shot his sister.  I told him he was a bad egg.

DarkRealmStar View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DarkRealmStar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2014 at 10:14pm
Originally posted by Wankel Wankel wrote:

Her dorky husband also used to do the ads, so that's a DOUBLE WHAMMY on any poor kids they had...
Apparently James Lehman died in 2010.
DarkRealmStar View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DarkRealmStar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2014 at 10:17pm
I passionately hate this radio ad.  I try to turn it off or change channels when she comes on.  I also think it's terrible that she ID'ed her son Jeremy by name!  What I don't understand is why does she spend money on advertising when she's giving the program away for free?  "Just tell us if it works for you" or something like that.  Who wastes their money on advertising if you don't get any money back?  It's not like it's a PSA.
MrTim View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrTim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2015 at 4:31am
Was in a thrift store today and ran across not one, but TWO sets of TT CDs.  4 CDs/set, and each ran about 48 minutes.  I quickly flipped past them, thankful to not self-inflict harm on myself by purchasing them, and instead went on to happily root through a box of phone/calculator chargers that had attracted my curiosity...
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2015 at 6:28am

You know what the first thoughtlessness was that crossed my mind when I saw 'Total Transformation'? Figured it was a class Bruce Jenner failed at miserably.

X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic