Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Trace Adkins Wounded Warrior ad

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jnoble Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Trace Adkins Wounded Warrior ad
    Posted: 25 Jul 2012 at 12:19am
now before you start jumping all over me for sounding like an insensitve jerk, I'M NOT AGAINST the cause of helping wounded soldiers coming home from battle, some of whom are really hurt and or suffer from PTSD.  Not at all.  It's a fine cause. 
I'm just tired of seeing this particular ad....it's run every day every commerical break and it's a long spot (at least three maybe four minutes) and to be honest, it's pretty depressing seeing those poor folks over and over again in various states of injury. And, God help me, I'd like to never hear Trace drawl "Saaaaaaay a prayer for peeeeeace" ever again. It's been on too long. Maybe change it up a bit, play a different song, something....
Sponsored Links

cjons View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cjons Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2012 at 6:29am
jnoble,

Here, at long last, is a reply to your post on the yucky ad by Trace Adkins for the wounded warrior project. It turns my stomach every time I see it. I can imagine vets are thoroughly disgusted with it. I've always disliked calling wounded soldiers wounded warriors. Warriors? What century are we talking about?

I think there may be hope that Trace will be off the airwaves soon. I saw this article about him that was just bad enough to take him off the ad. Here's the link.

Trace Adkins Confederate Flag: Country Singer's Rockefeller Center Tree Lighting Performance Features Stars-And-Bars Earpiece (VIDEO)

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/11/28/trace-adkins-confederate-flag_n_2208378.html

Here's hoping that Trace will leave us without a trace behind.

Regards to a fellow wounded TV watcher. When I see again Trace I think I'm gonna barf.
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2012 at 1:41pm
cjons...he donates proceeds from concerts and songs to the charity and raises money for it through the ad.  And you want him to be removed over an earpiece?  Sounds like you simply disapprove of the organization.

ghostonthehorizon View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ghostonthehorizon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2012 at 3:55pm
You'd be surprised how many veterans dislike Wounded Warrior, my father is a 100% disabled veteran from wounds sustained in Vietnam. He gets treated like crap because he's not OIF/OEF and despises Wounded Warrior.
d4everman View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote d4everman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2012 at 2:06pm
Originally posted by cjons cjons wrote:

jnoble,

Here, at long last, is a reply to your post on the yucky ad by Trace Adkins for the wounded warrior project. It turns my stomach every time I see it. I can imagine vets are thoroughly disgusted with it. I've always disliked calling wounded soldiers wounded warriors. Warriors? What century are we talking about?

I think there may be hope that Trace will be off the airwaves soon. I saw this article about him that was just bad enough to take him off the ad. Here's the link.

Trace Adkins Confederate Flag: Country Singer's Rockefeller Center Tree Lighting Performance Features Stars-And-Bars Earpiece (VIDEO)

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/11/28/trace-adkins-confederate-flag_n_2208378.html

Here's hoping that Trace will leave us without a trace behind.

Regards to a fellow wounded TV watcher. When I see again Trace I think I'm gonna barf.
You may have gotten your wish. The commercials I've seen recently have Fred Williamson on them now.
No Good Deed Goes Unpunished
GulDukat View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote GulDukat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2014 at 3:00pm
Why is this even needed? Why isn't the government paying for their treatment? Over one trillion dollars spent invading Iraq over a lie and the vets can't even get proper care when they come home. 

Thank you, George Bush. 
CaptainErnie View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CaptainErnie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2014 at 3:18pm
I've got to say I think the song is rather moronic. For a soldier to "say a prayer for peace" is like a farmer saying a prayer for drought.
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2014 at 3:34pm

Originally posted by GulDukat GulDukat wrote:

Why is this even needed? Why isn't the government paying for their treatment? Over one trillion dollars spent invading Iraq over a lie and the vets can't even get proper care when they come home. 

Thank you, George Bush. 

The Veteran's Administration has been a cesspool of bureaucracy and government ineptitude and poor management at least as far back as WWII.  This is nothing new.

Here's an article from 2000:

I know a guy who worked as a Physician Assistant for the VA throughout the 90s.  In the early 2000s, when he was about 55, he claimed "emotional stress" and left on disability.  Moved to Thailand.  At some point a few years later, he retired with full pension.  This sort of thing doesn't help.

d4everman View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote d4everman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2014 at 5:41pm
Originally posted by CaptainErnie CaptainErnie wrote:

I've got to say I think the song is rather moronic. For a soldier to "say a prayer for peace" is like a farmer saying a prayer for drought.

Why? I was a soldier for 23 years and any soldier with a brain wouldn't pray for war. Its not like a video game.
Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2014 at 5:49pm
Even though I'm sick of this ad and the song, I wouldn't dare suggest for him to shut up and stop donating money and time to help veterans. That's just wrong!
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
sgtrock21 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sgtrock21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2014 at 7:49pm

Thank you, George Bush. 

Veterans Administration (VA) has always been underfunded and undermanned. They are now overwhelmed by OEF/OIF. Once the soldiers have been used up and are now disabled they are typically ignored. This is nothing new it has been going on since the American revolution! Cannon fodder is still cannon fodder as far as the elites are concerned they just protect their investments. Very sad but true.   
EEEEts All so REEEdEEEculous
sgtrock21 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote sgtrock21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2014 at 7:54pm

Thank you, George Bush. 

I'm sorry. This is the responsibility of our current Commander in Chief! GWB can do nothing about it at this point.
GulDukat View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote GulDukat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2014 at 8:44pm
Originally posted by sgtrock21 sgtrock21 wrote:

Thank you, George Bush. 

I'm sorry. This is the responsibility of our current Commander in Chief! GWB can do nothing about it at this point.

It was Bush's war. It's the fault of his administration and the members of congress (both parties) who went along with it.

That said, whatever you think of the war, all veterans needs to be taken care of when they come home, whatever the price. 
catnapped View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote catnapped Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2014 at 10:41pm
His wife wants a divorce and custody of the kids.
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2014 at 12:00am

That said, whatever you think of the war, all veterans needs to be taken care of when they come home, whatever the price. 

Well, of course.  But it's more complicated than "the price".  Would you put $10,000 into repairing a 1994 Ford with 200,000 miles?  The system needs to be revamped, and money isn't necessarily the problem.  A lot of the problem is in where the money goes.

sgtrock21 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sgtrock21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2014 at 3:11pm
Originally posted by d4everman d4everman wrote:

Why? I was a soldier for 23 years and any soldier with a brain wouldn't pray for war. Its not like a video game.

I agree. On another forum I was attacked by a moron when I posted that only young officers and NCOs who prayed for war were the ones who had never been there. He countered that he was special ops and they would always embrace war. I think he was a cook or supply. No sane person wants war.   
d4everman View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote d4everman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2014 at 5:15pm

I agree. On another forum I was attacked by a moron when I posted that only young officers and NCOs who prayed for war were the ones who had never been there. He countered that he was special ops and they would always embrace war. I think he was a cook or supply. No sane person wants war.   

He's probably not even in the military. My last unit was in Special Operations Command. Do you know how many Funeral programs I had to design on the print floor for men and women too young to have died? Too many. It still depresses me to think about them, even the ones I didn't know personally. (not directed at you sarge, but rather the moron you were talking about)
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2014 at 5:34pm

Kinda supports what CaptainErnie was saying, I guess.  Confused

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2014 at 11:08pm

The ability of the VA and the services provided differ everywhere one goes, but in all cases, it seems lacking - and the vets need SO much. Worst part is VA services are available for vets that ask for them (not their families on behalf of a vet in need), although there is now a vets-for-vets foundation that families can contact. Nobody prays for war - anyone that does is a disgraceful pretender. I've had plenty of reason to find out all I can considering what came back to us from years in Afghanistan with a heathy dose of PTSD and how friggin' dangerous he is (he specialized in 'cleansing and eradication efforts') - and we've plenty with military experience in our families. In my opinion, the U.S. government abandoned their soldiers, their protectors.

X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
crainbebo View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crainbebo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2014 at 4:14am
It's sad to see the veterans who are wounded for life - in wheelchairs! But watch CBS any weekday during either Price is Right, Y&R or Bold and the Beautiful and this ad airs.

-crainbebo
Back after a long absence...still hating those commercials. Go away Limu Emu and Doug!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic