Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Hurrycane cane

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wankel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The Hurrycane cane
    Posted: 19 Jul 2012 at 6:08pm
Yes folks, its offered at a HISTORIC PRICE which, oddly enough, they don't tell you in the commercial.

I can imagine the hard sell once they get some easily befuddled senior citizen on the line...

"For just $15.99 extra, we'll throw in a years supply of Ageless Male!"
Sponsored Links

Tiz View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2012 at 9:55pm
Just from seeing the commercial, not a bad idea. I'd wait until it is stores before I'd buy any As Seen On TV product.

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2012 at 10:22pm
39 seconds in...

"A lot of people stop and ask 'Oh my gosh, where do you get a cane like that?' "

I don't think those guys care about the cane, lady.  I think they're just trying to get in your pants.

Papa Lazarou View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec
Formerly Codtaro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Papa Lazarou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2012 at 12:35am
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

39 seconds in...

"A lot of people stop and ask 'Oh my gosh, where do you get a cane like that?' "

I don't think those guys care about the cane, lady.  I think they're just trying to get in your pants.

if the 'ergonomicly' designed handle is any clue, I'd imagine her cane has been in her pants a few times...
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2012 at 12:51am
Originally posted by Codtaro Codtaro wrote:

39 seconds in...

if the 'ergonomicly' designed handle is any clue, I'd imagine her cane has been in her pants a few times...

Long, thick and black.

Papa Lazarou View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec
Formerly Codtaro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Papa Lazarou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2012 at 1:04am
I had something like that in a Truck stop bathroom a few days ago.

Best Toblerone ever.
Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2012 at 1:05am

I had something like that in a Truck stop bathroom a few days ago.

Best Toblerone ever.

LOLSick

One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2012 at 5:58am
ConfusedOuch...was stumbling through a few threads when the idiot box was busy trying to raid my wallet - just can't lose your spot in line, eh? That IS the "fastest selling cane on national television", so it probably would be best to forget that i(diot)Phone5, or 'Size Sassy' jeans....you certainly can't be the only kid on the block who doesn't have their own HurryCane, doncha know.
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
EMCEE View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EMCEE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2012 at 10:13am

39 seconds in...

It sounds like a euphemism.  It would've been funnier if it were a man saying it (maybe they thought about this beforehand? LOL).

Reader, suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress. But I repeat myself.

- Mark Twain

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2012 at 12:50pm
When they show how the cane swivels, all I can think about is an old drunk having those suction cups sticking to a store floor right before the cane swivels and drops him (or her) on his (or her) face. Hope they also have 'Life Alert' for that embarrassing moment.
"Help! I've fallen and I can't reach my beer!"  
Hope the unlucky individual is also wearing a fresh pair of brown 'Depends'.
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
EMCEE View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EMCEE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2012 at 5:12pm
Originally posted by PaWolf PaWolf wrote:

When they show how the cane swivels, all I can think about is an old drunk having those suction cups sticking to a store floor right before the cane swivels and drops him (or her) on his (or her) face. Hope they also have 'Life Alert' for that embarrassing moment.

You painted a helluva picture in my head and I couldn't stop laughing.  LOL
Reader, suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress. But I repeat myself.

- Mark Twain

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2012 at 9:15pm
LOL

39 seconds in...

LOL
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2012 at 11:15pm
Originally posted by EMCEE EMCEE wrote:

LOLI'd say "No sh*t!", ol'buddy Em...HOWEVER - ya want a REAL terrifying 'mental pic'
The HurryCane actually scares the hell out of me.
Some years back, I went throuh a terrible back injury - the Feds wanted to permanently disable me - I couldn't walk more than a city block for almost 3 years. I had a cane - and HATED IT. SWORE I would lose it (and DID!). 'Pain' is relative, of course - and I walk and goof as if nothing ever happend - 95% of the time - these days. MissyDWolf knows I'll NEVER do that again; I couldn't lift 10 pounds, back then - was told it would never happen again. Bullsh*t proven; I'm 100% now.
If *I* ended up on a HurryCane, *I'd* probably get drunk, trip, and and up having it stick outta my ass, doncha know. AIN'T HAPPENIN'! -I got enough enimies that if it didn't happen by accident, someone would make it real an'I'd have to 'put 'em down', doncha know!
All I've ever wanted since those days was a 'Teeter Hangup' - walking and biking brought me back and keep me young...

EMCEE View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EMCEE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2012 at 12:54am

Originally posted by EMCEE EMCEE wrote:

LOLI'd say "No sh*t!", ol'buddy Em...HOWEVER - ya want a REAL terrifying 'mental pic'
The HurryCane actually scares the hell out of me.
Some years back, I went throuh a terrible back injury - the Feds wanted to permanently disable me - I couldn't walk more than a city block for almost 3 years. I had a cane - and HATED IT. SWORE I would lose it (and DID!). 'Pain' is relative, of course - and I walk and goof as if nothing ever happend - 95% of the time - these days. MissyDWolf knows I'll NEVER do that again; I couldn't lift 10 pounds, back then - was told it would never happen again. Bullsh*t proven; I'm 100% now.
If *I* ended up on a HurryCane, *I'd* probably get drunk, trip, and and up having it stick outta my ass, doncha know. AIN'T HAPPENIN'! -I got enough enimies that if it didn't happen by accident, someone would make it real an'I'd have to 'put 'em down', doncha know!
All I've ever wanted since those days was a 'Teeter Hangup' - walking and biking brought me back and keep me young...

Good for you, Pa!  Never surrender. Smile 

- Mark Twain

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2013 at 3:45pm

This commercial is back...the last 5 seconds have been replaced though, which is why I resurrect the dead, here.

"The HurryCane is available at a HISTORIC PRICE!"

What, pray tell, is a 'Historic Price'?
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2013 at 3:58pm

This commercial is back...the last 5 seconds have been replaced though, which is why I resurrect the dead, here.

That means if you buy it, your money will be history.

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2013 at 4:05pm

$24 for Manhattan??  30 pieces of silver for Jesus??  5 cents for a candy bar?

Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2013 at 5:45pm
Originally posted by Jimbo Jimbo wrote:

That means if you buy it, your money will be history.

One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
DKS View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DKS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2013 at 9:17pm
I like how they bag about it being the "fastest selling cane on national television!". Well no sh*t, I should hope so, seeing as how it's the ONLY goddamn cane being sold on television!

"I see the sadness in their eyes
Melancholy in their cries
Devoid of all the passion
The human spirit cannot die"
Tiz View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2013 at 9:30pm

Send some Confederate money...
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic