Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Is that Gary Bussey?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Annoyedalot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Is that Gary Bussey?
    Posted: 09 Jul 2012 at 6:38pm
There is a commercial for State Farm insurance with a black guy and a white girl standing on a city street discussing things that they can say on the internet.  Her boyfriend approaches who she says is a French model.  He clearly isn't French or a model, but is instead an unkempt, portly, older guy with a scruffy beard.

It looks like Gary Bussey to me.  Does anyone else agree?  Could it be him ?
Sponsored Links

TV_Casualty View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TV_Casualty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2012 at 6:53pm
I doubt it's him. I saw that commercial too. Gary Busey is 68 years old. The guy looks too young to be Busey.

But, the commercial is downright stupid.

State Farm will never see a dime from me.
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2012 at 7:02pm
Is this the commercial?

If so, no way.  Goofy-looking, but not Busey.

Hootman View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hootman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2012 at 7:09pm
Can't see the video here at work, but Busey has a son that acts.
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TV_Casualty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2012 at 7:09pm
Insurance is the biggest rip off. My dad had car insurance for the longest time without getting into an accident.

He probably spent 10 thousand dollars over the years to his insurance company and when he finally got into an accident last year, the damage was 2,000 dollars and his insurance company only paid 1,000. Isn't that sick? He paid them over 10 grand over the years, and they couldn't pay the whole damage for him. Talk about cheap money hogs.
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2012 at 7:16pm
Originally posted by Hootman Hootman wrote:

Shocked

insanity213 View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote insanity213 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2012 at 7:18pm
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

Shocked

He clearly inherited Pop's teeth.

But yeah, regarding the commercial, it's neither Gary nor Jake.  I do see where there might be a slight resemblance if either one were wearing a dark wig, but it's not either one.

Hootman View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hootman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2012 at 8:48pm
OK. I see now...that commercial person is not a Busey.
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2012 at 10:59pm
Nowhere near insane looking enough.

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
Annoyedalot View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Annoyedalot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2012 at 4:00pm
Originally posted by TV_Casualty TV_Casualty wrote:

Insurance is the biggest rip off. My dad had car insurance for the longest time without getting into an accident.

He probably spent 10 thousand dollars over the years to his insurance company and when he finally got into an accident last year, the damage was 2,000 dollars and his insurance company only paid 1,000. Isn't that sick? He paid them over 10 grand over the years, and they couldn't pay the whole damage for him. Talk about cheap money hogs.
In Massachusetts the claim would wipe out safe driver points and trigger a surcharge for six years.  The insurance company would charge him back about $3,000 over the course of the surcharge perioid, thereby profiting from his accident.  And guess what, there's nothing you can do about it.
JimAyzing View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive
Formerly powerboy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimAyzing Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2012 at 4:53pm

Oh I know. It is stupid, you pay them all that money for all those years and when you do get into an accident, they hardly want to pay anything
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TV_Casualty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2012 at 7:10pm
Originally posted by JimAyzing JimAyzing wrote:

Oh I know. It is stupid, you pay them all that money for all those years and when you do get into an accident, they hardly want to pay anything

Can you imagine an insurance company that gives your money back every month if you aren't in an accident? I would switch to them in a heartbeat!

You pay for January, you don't get into an accident in January and that money rolls over to February. If you don't get into an accident in February, the money rolls over into March.

That would REALLY be an honest claim of "saving you money on car insurance."

because seriously, if I don't get into an accident, then WTF do they need to hold onto my money for?
Lucian View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lucian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2013 at 4:50am
How stupid do we all have to be to believe them when they say they're saving us money, when they spend tens of millions of dollars on commercials? How many different Allstate ads along do you think you saw in 2012? 10? 15? More? Add the Geico commercials, Progressive, Esurance... They're like half of all commercials on TV. And they're saving us money? What they're doing is raping us so they can make these crappy commercials that nobody seems to like. HHHHAAAAATTTTTEEEEE!!!
Snesgamer View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snesgamer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2013 at 5:03am
Originally posted by insanity213 insanity213 wrote:

Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

Shocked

He clearly inherited Pop's teeth.

But yeah, regarding the commercial, it's neither Gary nor Jake.  I do see where there might be a slight resemblance if either one were wearing a dark wig, but it's not either one.

Holy crap, I think I just sh*t my pants! I hope that guy never breeds - 2 Busey's are way, WAY too much!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic