Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

USAA I Got Mine

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote NJtoTX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: USAA I Got Mine
    Posted: 05 Jul 2012 at 1:06am
I hate this ad, and especially the kid whose face takes up the whole TV screen when she says "I got mine in Iraq in 2003." She's telling us when she got her auto  insurance, and she's not even going to be a legal driver for another 10 years. Then there's the woman who somehow got her auto insurance over the South Pacific in 1943, in the middle of World War II.

Sponsored Links

TV_Casualty View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TV_Casualty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2012 at 1:45am
Click this link:

http://cheezburger.com/4844461568

I wonder who made that. LOL
sgtrock21 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sgtrock21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2012 at 2:40am
USAA insurance is only available to military personnel and their dependants. That's why the dependants are saying they aquired it at these times. It was originally only available to military officers. Some years ago it was made available to all military and dependents. It is similar to the GIECO scam. They lead you to believe that they are a formerly (military and Government employees) exclusive "low rate" insurance company when their rates are the same or more than their competitors. I had USAA renter's insurance at  $15 per month for $20,000 coverage. after 2 months they raised the premium to $30 per month. I cancelled and purchased $40,000 coverage from State Farm for $12.00 per month. Two years later, same price. I feel sorry for these dependents who are being taken advantage of by these a**holes.
EEEEts All so REEEdEEEculous
flychinook View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flychinook Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2012 at 8:57am
I don't know if usaa ever claimed to be low-rate (they aren't always the cheapest), but their customer service is top-notch.
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TV_Casualty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2012 at 6:38pm
Originally posted by flychinook flychinook wrote:

I don't know if usaa ever claimed to be low-rate (they aren't always the cheapest), but their customer service is top-notch.

But they discriminate against non-military people. Unhappy
msmadz View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
8+ years on CIH

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote msmadz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2012 at 7:01pm
The kid with the helmet - jeez - it llooks like it could snap his neck in half.
The artist formerly known as Madawee

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2012 at 3:25am

USAA, being an association rather than a corporation, can "discriminate" all it wants.  It operates sort of like a club.  If you're a club owner, you get to decide who can join.

I think that's how it works.

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2012 at 3:43am
Still, it's just an annoying as all f**k commercial.
...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2012 at 5:03am
Originally posted by Lysdexic Lysdexic wrote:

It's just a commercial....

Well, DUH!!!! Stern Smile

They're ALL "just commercials".

Did you really go thru all the trouble to join a forum dedicated to HATING COMMERCIALS just to comment "It's just a commercial...."?????? 

Ooooooooookay. Wacko

What - everrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!!!!!!

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender

C'mon, man!
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TV_Casualty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2012 at 5:36am

I don't mind exclusivities for patriots who SERVE their country - as opposed to those lazy, pathetic, entitlement minded jackass losers who only suck on America's teats and then complain about what a horrible country this is because something isn't given to them!
(not saying you're that type)

I was being tongue-in-cheek.

but technically, when they pass down the insurance to family members, their family members could be "lazy, pathetic, entitlement minded jackass losers." Big smile
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2012 at 1:49pm
Originally posted by Jimbo Jimbo wrote:

Did you really go thru all the trouble to join a forum dedicated to HATING COMMERCIALS just to comment "It's just a commercial...."?????? 

Ooooooooookay. Wacko

Actually, if you look back, you'll see that Lysdexic joined CIH to let us know that he "never heard of" the product being discussed in a particular thread.  LOL

First comment:

never heard of it

NJtoTX View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NJtoTX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2012 at 1:56pm

Yeah, and sometimes it plays 5 or 6 times in an hour.
msmadz View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
8+ years on CIH

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote msmadz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2012 at 2:46pm

Amen, Jimbo!

I just can't comprehend - if this is strictly for military personnel and family, why the need to advertise? Couldn't they just hand them a pamphlet or send them an email? Why would I care where they got their insurance if I can't get it, too?
The artist formerly known as Madawee

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2012 at 3:07pm
Originally posted by Madawee Madawee wrote:

Amen, Jimbo!
I just can't comprehend - if this is strictly for military personnel and family, why the need to advertise? Couldn't they just hand them a pamphlet or send them an email? Why would I care where they got their insurance if I can't get it, too?

I think what's really the worst thing about this ad, & which hasn't been brought up yet, is the first thing I sensed the first time I saw it, but never took the time to think about, because I'd either switch the channel or just ignore it like any other irritating noise, & that thing is how it blatantly uses & panders to the current pervasive level of admiration & respect for military personel & veterans in this country.

We all know that those who have served in Iraq & Afghanistan as well as the foreign conflicts of the past, have gone thru hell. Many have died, many have lost blood, organs & limbs. We all apprecuite their sacrifice.

What these low-lifes are doing IMO, is trying to cash in on the respect & admiration society has for those who've sacrifced in service to their country not to mention, the sacrifices themselves. They are basically using the human tragedy of war to sell a product.

A blatant case of pandering for $$$$$

C'mon, man!
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2012 at 3:20pm

What these low-lifes are doing IMO, is trying to cash in on the respect & admiration society has for those who've sacrifced in service to their country not to mention, the sacrifices themselves. They are basically using the human tragedy of war to sell a product.

A blatant case of pandering for $$$$$

Except, those $$$$$ are returned to the insured rather than to any shareholders.

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2012 at 3:23pm
There's gotta be a profit in there somewhere.

C'mon, man!
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2012 at 3:42pm
There's something called unassigned profits---profits kept in some sort of common fund.  In the case of USAA, such profits are maintained in anticipation of some future catastrophe. 

There was a class-action lawsuit against USAA regarding these funds.  Someone named James True said that the unassigned profits held by USAA were excessive.  The case was dismissed.

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2012 at 4:03pm
Whatever. I've read a lot of less than complimentary things about them & for the most part, they seem like just another big corporation, out grubbing for money & not being too concerned about stooping to whatever depths it takes to get it.

C'mon, man!
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2012 at 6:25pm
Brooding??  Does the " LOL " I used make it seem like I'm brooding?

Just seems that most of your posts here have been snarky and sarcastic towards other members here and what they choose to post about.

Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2012 at 6:30pm
Hey Lysdexic let me put it in perspective you're on a site called

COMMERCIALS I HATE

KAPEESH?Angry

One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
LARDLOGO View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LARDLOGO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2012 at 8:59pm
Could not agree more on how much I hate this piece of Censored, also due to the fact that this has been ran into every commercial break.
Proactiv, GET OFF THE AIR
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TV_Casualty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2012 at 1:46am

Ooooooooookay. Wacko

I thought it was pretty simple actually. Was it a complex and troblesome task for you?
Look this forum is not much more than a carnival sideshow to me - to see people with a bizarre sense of perspective and priority rant incessantly like lunatics (in a serious manner, no less!) over the most petty, trivial and insignificant things all the while there are so many "big boy" and "big girl" things happening in the world that are far more significant and consequential than commercials that compel you to act out like a 3rd grader and obsess over them in a silly forum. The comment still stands, "It's just a commercial". It might do you some good to reflect on the stark reality of that (in earnest), and then try to get over it, whatever your "it" is. Try to have a nice day.    

Did you know that on Star Wars message boards people talk about Star Wars?

Isn't that nuts?!?!?!??!
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2012 at 2:09pm

Look this forum is not much more than a carnival sideshow to me - to see people with a bizarre sense of perspective and priority rant incessantly like lunatics (in a serious manner, no less!) over the most petty, trivial and insignificant things all the while there are so many "big boy" and "big girl" things happening in the world that are far more significant and consequential than commercials that compel you to act out like a 3rd grader and obsess over them in a silly forum. The comment still stands, "It's just a commercial". It might do you some good to reflect on the stark reality of that (in earnest), and then try to get over it, whatever your "it" is. Try to have a nice day.    

Many threads here start out about the commercial, but evolve into other things.  Look at this thread.  The commercial was the starting point, but it was only mentioned once or twice.  Granted, the manner in which USAA conducts its business is not the Bilderberg Conference or Campaign 2012, but neither is it "petty". 

And if you want "significant" topics, there's a political forum here.  Also, even the "petty" commercial talk sometimes evolves into political/social discussions.  That's something that anyone here can make happen.  Demanding it, however, is not the way to do so.  I'm guessing that when you get into such discussions, however, you're the first one to yell "idiot".

Besides, what's wrong with "trivial" sometimes?

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2012 at 2:15pm

Ooooooooookay. Wacko

I thought it was pretty simple actually. Was it a complex and troblesome task for you?

Oh geeeeezzz.... not another self-serious shit-bag troll. Ermm

Hey Debbie Downer.... in case it's too "complex & troublesome" of a task for you, we come here for FUN. Something you've apparently never experienced in your sad, pathetic little "big boy" life.

We fully understand that the subject of TV commercials is a trivial matter in the grand scope of things, but in case it never occurred to you, normal people like to take the occasional break from all the "far more significant and consequential" matters in life & just blow off some steam over life's little annoyances.

Like stupid, annoying, obnoxious TV commercials.

But you just go ahead & continue being a mindless tool of the assholes who fill the airwaves up with their intelligence-insulting slop. I doubt you'd even know when your intelligence is being insulted anyway, given your obvious complete lack of it.

Now go back to Trollville & drool on your shirt.

C'mon, man!
KrissyBean View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KrissyBean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2012 at 3:00am
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

Many threads here start out about the commercial, but evolve into other things.  Look at this thread.  The commercial was the starting point, but it was only mentioned once or twice.  Granted, the manner in which USAA conducts its business is not the Bilderberg Conference or Campaign 2012, but neither is it "petty". 

And if you want "significant" topics, there's a political forum here.  Also, even the "petty" commercial talk sometimes evolves into political/social discussions.  That's something that anyone here can make happen.  Demanding it, however, is not the way to do so.  I'm guessing that when you get into such discussions, however, you're the first one to yell "idiot".

Besides, what's wrong with "trivial" sometimes?

Agree Thor. What exactly is wrong with "trivial"? Yep - sh*tty things are happening in the world right now while I am typing this. People are probably getting blown up in Iraq, dismembered in Somalia and are starving in Darfur at this very moment. Does that mean that I can't go out to get ice cream, because it's "trivial"? My point is - there are a lot of "big boy" and "big girl" things that we COULD talk about --- but I have to see that sh*t every day in the paper and see it on the news, why can I not try to escape it with something "petty" and "trivial"? I assume that you, Lysdexic, must sit in your bedroom with a single, bare light bulb hanging overhead, incessantly crying about all of the evils in the earth. You probably never go to the movies, laugh with friends, go on vacation, take a walk or play fetch with your dog.... because that's all "petty" and "trivial" in your big picture, right? Here's a thought - why don't you go overseas and lend a hand - hell, we can even use your help here at home..... you know, instead of wasting time bitching to a bunch of people on a message board about how we spend our time doing "trivial" things. Pot, meet kettle.

What a tool......Ermm
Bears. Beets. Battlestar Gallactica.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic