Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Bud Light Stupid "Here We Go!" Commercial

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TV_Casualty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Bud Light Stupid "Here We Go!" Commercial
    Posted: 30 Jun 2012 at 5:49pm

This commercial is so corny. First of all, the beer is light so you might as well be drinking water.

Second of all, when the guy says "call him" in the beginning of the commercial, nobody would say "here we go!" They would just be like "we go!" Bud Light is just trying too hard with this commercial. the hipster doofus in the beginning who says "No!" like he's so cool is annoying too. What is it with hipsters and having a false sense of accomplishment?

And I hate how Bud Light thinks everyone who drinks their beer always says "here we go" at random times. That's the dumbest thing.

What's the point of drinking beer if it's light? Why not just drink water?
Sponsored Links

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2012 at 6:20pm
ConfusedCAN'T STAND this commercial! That little excuse for a canine looks like it will do ANYTHING for dollar or a drink...
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Annoyedalot View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Annoyedalot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2012 at 3:11pm
I was hoping the "Here we go" ads had ended.  Everybody goes crazy because we got beer!!!  It's pretty obvious that all light beer commercials are targeting kids.  They are all implying wild parties or feature stupid gimmicks, like labels that change color or punching holes in the top of cans. 

Most adults settle on a brand of beer that they drink and don't usually switch.
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2012 at 3:40pm
Originally posted by Annoyedalot Annoyedalot wrote:

...Most adults settle on a brand of beer that they drink and don't usually switch.
Well, I have to disagree...if someone else is buying/supplying, o.k. then! I'll drink it (as long as it isn't Coors Light). 
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
msmadz View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
8+ years on CIH

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote msmadz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2012 at 3:48pm
Who throws a party and only supplies one kind of beer? I'd gag one down to be polite then split.
The artist formerly known as Madawee

Annoyedalot View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Annoyedalot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2012 at 4:36pm
Originally posted by PaWolf PaWolf wrote:

Originally posted by Annoyedalot Annoyedalot wrote:

...Most adults settle on a brand of beer that they drink and don't usually switch.
Well, I have to disagree...if someone else is buying/supplying, o.k. then! I'll drink it (as long as it isn't Coors Light). 
You got me there.  I didn't think of that.  I also agree on Coors Light.  They actually have a lot of nerve calling it beer.  They could sell it as bottled water.
Oppressive Heat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oppressive Heat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2012 at 11:28pm
So I should really get enthusiastic about this beer,  because some dog who gets just as enthusiastic sniffing dog sh*t likes it too. Confused
Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2012 at 11:40pm
Originally posted by Oppressive Heat Oppressive Heat wrote:

So I should really get enthusiastic about this beer,  because some dog who gets just as enthusiastic sniffing dog sh*t likes it too. Confused

LOL

What a stupid commercial!

One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
zerocool View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zerocool Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2012 at 11:00am
PROTIP: Light beer is insanely gross.
Oppressive Heat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oppressive Heat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2012 at 11:52pm
The sad thing is this isn't the first time Anheuser Busch pulled this dog sh*t on us.   They were even more annoying back in the 80's when they used Spuds McKenzie.  What's really annoying about those commercials is the dog featured in it has 3 cheerleaders following him around, who live their whole life around a beer guzzling mutt. 
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=endscreen&NR=1&v=9Fm3_kj9DL8 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=endscreen&NR=1&v=9Fm3_kj9DL8
EMCEE View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EMCEE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2012 at 8:29am
This commercial is so stupid.  The sad part is, I know a few people who find it funny.  How, is beyond me.

What is with this stupid ass "Here We Go" slogan, anyway?  It doesn't conjure up "awesomeness" in my brain.  
Reader, suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress. But I repeat myself.

- Mark Twain

calzonesays View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote calzonesays Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2012 at 9:47am
Here we go!!!!!!!

Drinking fermented horse piss like a bunch of mindless drones just because society tells us it's cool!!!!!  Yeah!! Fk yeah! Here we go!
EMCEE View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EMCEE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2012 at 2:53am
Originally posted by calzonesays calzonesays wrote:

Here we go!!!!!!!

Drinking fermented horse piss like a bunch of mindless drones just because society tells us it's cool!!!!!  Yeah!! Fk yeah! Here we go!

Here we go! = Take your pick from below:

1) puking in the back seat of a car.
2) Hitting on your wife's sister.
3) Pissing in the corner because you think it is the bathroom at your friend's house.
4) Waking up next to coyote ugly.
5) Picking a fight with the toughest looking guy in a bar.

And the list can go on forever.  These are some of the things I think of when I hear the dumb*ss catch phrase.  I also think "Here we go..." in my head when I've tried to argue with my girlfriend when she comes home plastered.  

Reader, suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress. But I repeat myself.

- Mark Twain

lancer8869 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lancer8869 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2012 at 12:42am
Eh, while I hate light beer, I can easily pound 10 of them in 5 minutes. They are tools with which I can get drunk with ease. Everything else is WHISKEY
NJtoTX View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NJtoTX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2012 at 1:41am
Originally posted by EMCEE EMCEE wrote:

Here we go! = Take your pick from below:

1) puking in the back seat of a car.
2) Hitting on your wife's sister.
3) Pissing in the corner because you think it is the bathroom at your friend's house.
4) Waking up next to coyote ugly.
5) Picking a fight with the toughest looking guy in a bar.  

6) Not remembering the two kids you killed after you convinced your buddies you were OK to drive.
Jnmcda0 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jnmcda0 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2012 at 3:46am
While I think the "Here we go..." slogan for Bud Light is nonsensical, I did think the commercial with "Wego" was a cute play on the slogan. 

As for beer, I prefer Smithwick's, Harp, or Yuengling, but like PaWolf said, if someone else is supplying it, I'll drink Bud Light.  And if I'm at a ballgame, concert, etc. and Bud Light, Miller Lite, or Coors Light is all that is available, I'll settle for that over nothing.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic