Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Chobani Champions Yogurt: "Win The Day!"

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TV_Casualty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Chobani Champions Yogurt: "Win The Day!"
    Posted: 28 Jun 2012 at 12:45am

This commercial is so corny.

While it is nice of Chobani to help raise money for families, I just think having a yogurt brand called "champions" is corny. They should've come up with something better.
Sponsored Links

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2012 at 12:52am

I do not recall the last time I saw a kid get excited about getting some nice yogurt after working up a sweat outside on a hot day. In fact, I do not recall the last time I saw a kid getting excited about yougurt. 

X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
HatyMcHater View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HatyMcHater Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2012 at 2:34am
I love Chobani yogurt - I think the kid could get pretty excited over the blueberry version if his parents never gave him/her ice cream.
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2012 at 2:36am
The kids should be getting ice pops if they win the game, yogurt if they lose.

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2012 at 3:04am
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

The kids should be getting ice pops if they win the game, yogurt if they lose.

LOLLOLLOL!
Make 'em sit in a nice puddle of any leftovers they refuse tot swallow, too. 
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2012 at 3:09am
Originally posted by HatyMcHater HatyMcHater wrote:

I love Chobani yogurt - I think the kid could get pretty excited over the blueberry version if his parents never gave him/her ice cream.
WinkThumbs UpIndeed.
We stock up on it every weekend. We head out to the discount grocer (Price Rite) and pick it up for 90 cents a container. The blueberry is great, the mango is also great - MissyDWolf will not share. I get the lemon and honey ones.
sgtrock21 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sgtrock21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2012 at 3:37am
My 3 y/o grandson will take a frozen yogurt pop but would prefer a "popsicle". I would prefer he have the yogurt. It seems more healthy than frozen sugar. Although either one is not going to really harm a 3 y/o. I grew up on cool aid. and I am still alive at 60 y/o.
EEEEts All so REEEdEEEculous
PrincessOfTheAncient View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PrincessOfTheAncient Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2012 at 11:50am
I like yogurt a lot. It's a great snack.

However, if my team (regardless of sports/extracurricular activity) won and I was provided the option to celebrate between a pizza party or freaking yogurt...you betcha I'd choose the pizza party. It doesn't feel that rewarding if you get something you can have everyday.

+ Self-loathing, lonely, fat, and bitter since 2008! +
PrincessOfTheAncient View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PrincessOfTheAncient Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2012 at 11:54am
Originally posted by sgtrock21 sgtrock21 wrote:

My 3 y/o grandson will take a frozen yogurt pop but would prefer a "popsicle". I would prefer he have the yogurt. It seems more healthy than frozen sugar. Although either one is not going to really harm a 3 y/o. I grew up on cool aid. and I am still alive at 60 y/o.

I feel as though a lot of commercials depicting people getting all excited over "light snacks" is part of the food nannies' agenda.

Granted, I enjoy some of it, but they really seem to exhaust the sentiment of "See? Yogurt/fiber cereal bars/rice cakes/whatever can taste good too, and if you eat enough of them, you'll never want to eat junk food again!". I feel as though this commercial serves a good example of that.
+ Self-loathing, lonely, fat, and bitter since 2008! +
Hezadancer View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hezadancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2012 at 9:19pm
It's common knowledge that the team moms have to take turns bringing a cooler of drinks for the team after the game. That was in the 90s, have they really switched to food items now? Yogurt of all things? Who the hell brings a cooler of yogurt to give them after a game? Those kids are still at the ages where there's a good chance some of them will out right refuse yogurt because it's icky. Come on lady, stick to hugs barrel drinks or capri suns or something.

Also something really f**king bothers me about her face, like her lips are flesh colored. It just looks odd.
It's ok, I'm in marketing!
Tiz View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2012 at 10:12pm
The winning team got yogurt(hope they all grow up to be straight).
Wonder what the losing team got...
Papa Lazarou View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec
Formerly Codtaro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Papa Lazarou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2012 at 10:15pm
Originally posted by Tiz Tiz wrote:

er.......what?

Remember that McDonald's commercial where the kids lose whatever silly game they were playing, but one insists they're the winners because they get happy meals? Maybe they were playing the same game!
TV_Casualty View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TV_Casualty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2012 at 10:22pm

Actually, I wish more guys were gay.

That's more women for me to pick from. Big smile
Ad Exec
Ad Exec
Formerly Codtaro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Papa Lazarou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2012 at 10:25pm
^Except there's the gay guys who're actually gay, and the ones who pretend to be gay because girls like them, and then they can trick the girls into 'converting' them :P
HatyMcHater View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HatyMcHater Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2012 at 1:16am
Originally posted by PaWolf PaWolf wrote:

Originally posted by HatyMcHater HatyMcHater wrote:

WinkThumbs UpIndeed.
We stock up on it every weekend. We head out to the discount grocer (Price Rite) and pick it up for 90 cents a container. The blueberry is great, the mango is also great - MissyDWolf will not share. I get the lemon and honey ones.

Woo--that's a great price!

Be sure to take your vitamin D pills with it--they don't fortify it and the calcium is useless without it. I became addicted to Chobani when told by the doc to eat more of it for the ol' bones, and my grocery stopped carrying Breyer's --would rather eat yogurt that tastes good (a lot of it doesn't) than drink milk.
Ad Exec
Ad Exec
Formerly Codtaro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Papa Lazarou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2012 at 2:27am
Yohgurt is my go-to. Haven't tried Chobani yet, I just buy a small unflavoured brand name. Typical sour flavour, but I toss it in a blender, switch it on the lowest setting (enough that the yohgurt blends, not so high it turns to liquid), add some flavoured whey and creatine powder, maybe a banana and some other fruit if it's on hand, pour it in a bowl and add some cereal, and it's delicious.

Takes about 5 minutes. When I do it in the shaker cup, I typically add some milk, just for the sake of it blending easier.
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2012 at 1:41pm
Coconut extract mixed into lemon yogurt is pretty good.
EventHorizon View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EventHorizon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2012 at 2:35am
All I want to know about this unfathomably annoying commercial is when did Jennie Finch go from being super hot to super creepy looking?
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2012 at 3:11am
She's still hot.  She's just donned her "Mom mode" clothing for this commercial.
JasperGretsch View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JasperGretsch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2012 at 3:39am
"I'm a typical mom"

I hate hate hate mothers in commercials, real life or otherwise who have to talk about the fact that they're a mom like it's "no big deal" when in fact they're doing it because they DO think it's a big deal. 
Hezadancer View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hezadancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2012 at 2:22pm
Originally posted by JasperGretsch JasperGretsch wrote:

"I'm a typical mom"

I hate hate hate mothers in commercials, real life or otherwise who have to talk about the fact that they're a mom like it's "no big deal" when in fact they're doing it because they DO think it's a big deal. 

I hate it too. There seems to be an influx of "mommy" ads lately and it's getting on my nerves. P&G...proud sponsor of moms, while showing Olympic athletes' mothers. Um WTF, did dad never take them to practice at 6AM? Is that exclusively reserved for the human that pushed them out of their vagina?
It's ok, I'm in marketing!
EventHorizon View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EventHorizon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2012 at 3:48pm

She's still hot.  She's just donned her "Mom mode" clothing for this commercial.

I don't think it's the Mom mode clothes.  I think it's the bad tan or the bad makeup or a combination of both that gives her this unearthly bug-eyed look. 
Eileen5552 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eileen5552 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2012 at 3:40am
So glad to find this forum to "vent" about bad commercials! Whenever this commercial comes on, there's something that bugs me to no end. When she says "I'm a typical mom" at the beginning, I CANNOT understand her pronunciation of "typical." Sounds like she's saying "tiBAHgo" & it's all run together: "I'matiBAHgomom." I know there are worse things than this but it grates on me and I change the channel fast! Ahhh it feels good to vent! [:D]
EMCEE View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EMCEE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2012 at 5:25am
Originally posted by EventHorizon EventHorizon wrote:

I don't think it's the Mom mode clothes.  I think it's the bad tan or the bad makeup or a combination of both that gives her this unearthly bug-eyed look. 

Hear, hear!  She annoys the sh*te outta me for those reasons, and some other ones I just can't figure out. 
Reader, suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress. But I repeat myself.

- Mark Twain

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic