Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan Altima honking

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Nissan Altima honking
    Posted: 25 Jun 2012 at 2:43am
Stop with the honking already!!  It sounds like someone's honking outside of my house, and it forces me to look up at the TV to check to see if it's just this damned Nissan commercial again!

Besides, do we really need a horn to tell us our tires are low?  How lame do you think we are?

Sponsored Links

insanity213 View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote insanity213 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2012 at 9:07pm
Thank goodness for this f**king feature.  I mean we wouldn't want people to have to perform the strenuous task of *gasp* using a pressure gauge, would we?
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2012 at 9:39pm
I hate all, car horns and door bells, on tv ads. The proud loyal dog in charge goes nuts  but she is just doing her job. De giornos, and the, we all bundle, ad come to mind.  I must admit . I don't need no horn honkin at me . The wifes Edge will let you know with a convenient light on the dash when a tire is low .  Very nice knowing she might not notice as soon as I would .
Tiz View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2012 at 11:36pm
Will it honk all night? I'd have to disable that "feature".
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2012 at 12:44am
LOL *I* LOVE this commercial - it makes me laugh every time I see it - and that would have nothing to do with the car..

Direct Link To This Post  <<<----CLICKY!
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2012 at 1:45am
Originally posted by insanity213 insanity213 wrote:

Thank goodness for this f**king feature.  I mean we wouldn't want people to have to perform the strenuous task of *gasp* using a pressure gauge, would we?

I have this little digital gauge that I keep in my glove box.  it takes seconds to use and I don't have to have my horn blasting at me.  Perhaps if it made a sweet little bird chirping sound (no crows, please), I could deal with such a feature.  But I'm no spring chicken.  Blast a horn at me from feet away and I might keel over.

Papa Lazarou View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec
Formerly Codtaro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Papa Lazarou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2012 at 1:48am
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

I have this little digital gauge that I keep in my glove box.  it takes seconds to use and I don't have to have my horn blasting at me.  Perhaps if it made a sweet little bird chirping sound (no crows, please), I could deal with such a feature.  But I'm no spring chicken.  Blast a horn at me from feet away and I might keel over.

I go full Hog-nosed snake mode when I hear car horns near me.
Dr. Dan View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr. Dan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2012 at 3:49am

My first car was a secondhand 1973 Plymouth Valiant. It provided me with decent transportation during college. But today's kids wouldn't know how to drive it, even though it had power steering and automatic tranny. They'd either have the tires flat or inflate them until they burst because the horn wouldn't honk! They'd get lost (no GPS), assuming they knew how to start it; they might be punching the cigarette lighter repeatedly thinking it was a START button. The AM radio with its knob and analog display would surely befuddle them. Of course, they wouldn't want it anyway: "No web browser? No phone? All you can do is DRIVE the thing and take a few people with you!"
LiMu Emu: the NEXT red meat!
Cross Traffic View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cross Traffic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2012 at 5:10am
Annoying commercial, I agree with others, its that hard to check your tires every week or so?
Cross Traffic View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cross Traffic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2012 at 9:03pm
ABC is now playing this every break during college football. Whatever happened to manly sounding horns? 30something hipster needs the car to tell him to check his tires?Thumbs Down
Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2012 at 9:49pm
Originally posted by Dr. Dan Dr. Dan wrote:

My first car was a secondhand 1973 Plymouth Valiant. It provided me with decent transportation during college. But today's kids wouldn't know how to drive it, even though it had power steering and automatic tranny. They'd either have the tires flat or inflate them until they burst because the horn wouldn't honk! They'd get lost (no GPS), assuming they knew how to start it; they might be punching the cigarette lighter repeatedly thinking it was a START button. The AM radio with its knob and analog display would surely befuddle them. Of course, they wouldn't want it anyway: "No web browser? No phone? All you can do is DRIVE the thing and take a few people with you!"

LOL ROTFLMAO!!!!!
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
sgtrock21 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sgtrock21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2012 at 11:06pm
Originally posted by lkl005 lkl005 wrote:

I hate all, car horns and door bells, on tv ads. The proud loyal dog in charge goes nuts  but she is just doing her job. De giornos, and the, we all bundle, ad come to mind.  I must admit . I don't need no horn honkin at me . The wifes Edge will let you know with a convenient light on the dash when a tire is low .  Very nice knowing she might not notice as soon as I would .
Flashback time! Commercial doorbells are what led me to CIH! At that time there were about 2 or 3 commercials using doorbells. If I wasn't watching the commercial I would check the door. This was very annoying. It didn't take long for me to realise the AdTards had discovered that many of us have a "Pavlovian" reponse to doorbells. Also telephone rings and now car horns. They couldn't care less that it pi**es us off. They can sell the fact that it gets our attention to the customer. I really, really hate them!
EEEEts All so REEEdEEEculous
TheBoomMan View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheBoomMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2012 at 2:05am
Who exactly is honking his precious car?
I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work.
timdubya View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timdubya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2012 at 2:17am
All cars today have tire pressure monitors (tells you when it is down 25%) but the honker is Nissan telling you you are over-inflating your tires.  My doorbell plays The Star Spangled Banner anyway and not just ding-dong.
DirtyD79 View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DirtyD79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2012 at 10:46pm
This commercial is annoying as all hell. The first time I saw it I though somebody's car alarm was going off. Even without that i's still stupid. Knowing your car's tire pressure is not that hard. here's a protip: Buy a tire pressure guage, 2 bucks at wal-mart. This is also the same series of commercials with the homoerotic gas station commercial implying some sort of quasi gay thing going on between the dope who got his foot runover in a State Farm commercial and the guy who works at the counter.
Mind on My Money, Money on My Beer
sdsyl659 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sdsyl659 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2012 at 5:09am
I hate this f$$#ing commercial. The stupid honking is an obvious we don't care if everyone hates the commercial, we are going to get their attention move; the cell phone companies do it with the exaggerated rings and it pisses me off that I always look up from what I am doing
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2012 at 3:22pm
Originally posted by sdsyl659 sdsyl659 wrote:

I hate this f$$#ing commercial. The stupid honking is an obvious we don't care if everyone hates the commercial, we are going to get their attention move; the cell phone companies do it with the exaggerated rings and it pisses me off that I always look up from what I am doing

Of course, that's what they want.

The phone-ringing sound in commercials has actually brought me in from outside to see if it was my own phone ringing.  But as soon as I realize it's coming from the TV, I return back outside, not even noticing what the commercial was for.

sgtrock21 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sgtrock21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2012 at 5:20pm

Originally posted by sdsyl659 sdsyl659 wrote:

Of course, that's what they want.

The phone-ringing sound in commercials has actually brought me in from outside to see if it was my own phone ringing.  But as soon as I realize it's coming from the TV, I return back outside, not even noticing what the commercial was for.

The ringing doorbells gets worse and worse. A recent one is the absolute worst (so far). I think it is a regional PSA. The theme is "get off your butts and get out in the forest". A family is sitting around hypnotized by their electronic gadgets. The doorbell rings and they don't respond (so far quite believeable). The ringing becomes frantic! The door crashes to the floor exposing a bear, racoon, and a few other wild animals. Now the abducted family is in the back of a windowless white van with the animals. They arrive in the forest where the family is released to discover the wonders they have been missing. More proof of the AdTard LSD connection. 
EEEEts All so REEEdEEEculous
zgrillo2004 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zgrillo2004 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2012 at 2:00pm
I hated this commercial. this is because all 3 of my dogs go nuts because it does sound like someones outside. I think a lawsuit against nissan is needed
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2012 at 2:04pm
My scaredy-cat Mickey runs upstairs whenever a doorbell rings on TV.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic